Archived "Don't you know it's Christmas?!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shopped Target this afternoon. The couple checking out had their card declined. Then the woman ahead of me in line sighed and whined about how slow the seasonal (still had temp name badge) cashier was. Then the cashier, OMG, gave her a nickel instead of four cents. "Don't you know how to count change?" "Sorry, I'm out of pennies." "Harrumph" said the bitch. "I'm sorry," apologized the cashier one more time.

By the time I got to her, she was nearly in tears. I bought a $5 gift card and gave it to her. I hope she doesn't get fired even though I told the STL on my out that I had done it. Please, AP, don't fire her!

Merry Christmas, team. I'm sorry that holidays suck.

I'm just going to start telling guests to use store pickup if they don't like the lines. Tough luck, you waited until the last minute to do your shopping. This is why I order everything online or buy it weeks in advance, I avoid shopping on the weekend before Christmas like the plague.

Then they'll kvetch that someone made them feel stupid.
And rightly so.

"Don't you know it's Christmas?!"
200_s.gif

The front lanes are crazy! I know you're surrounded by customers and you're taking them 3 at a time and the cell phone guy is also up to his ears in activations...but can you ring all this candy up? Oh by the way is there a cartwheel? Is there a sale? Can you check the price of this item? Do you have any NES?

Fuck guests. There, I said it. Shit heads that toss stuff everywhere, always have one more question, don't let you get any reshop done, so 3 hours later it looks like you didn't do anything, and always act like it's not Christmas.

And of course, the ones that will attempt to talk to you while on the phone with someone, or when you are already with someone. I either ignore them or cut then off with a "I'll be there after I help these fine people"

Fuck all of them.

Fuck guests. There, I said it. Shit heads that toss stuff everywhere, always have one more question, don't let you get any reshop done, so 3 hours later it looks like you didn't do anything, and always act like it's not Christmas.

And of course, the ones that will attempt to talk to you while on the phone with someone, or when you are already with someone. I either ignore them or cut then off with a "I'll be there after I help these fine people"

Fuck all of them.

Also all of you that buy starbucks and leave cups scattered around the sales floor can go straight to hell.

I'm just going to start telling guests to use store pickup if they don't like the lines. Tough luck, you waited until the last minute to do your shopping. This is why I order everything online or buy it weeks in advance, I avoid shopping on the weekend before Christmas like the plague.
Nooo the line as guest services is long enough!

This time of the year people need to accept the fact that at any retail store...you are going to have lines. If you don't like it ...shop online or shop first thing in the morning .

Someone tell that to the GSTLs. please stop screaming for backup; we fucking get it, there's lines. The rest of us have a job to do. Figure out a system where everybody has to go up on a rotating schedule.

Someone tell that to the GSTLs. please stop screaming for backup; we fucking get it, there's lines. The rest of us have a job to do. Figure out a system where everybody has to go up on a rotating schedule.

Word to this. Some of our softlines TMs havent touched a register since Thanksgiving, then in the closing email they complain about hardlines reshop. Maybe they could put more back if they werent straight cashiers.

Last edited:
How do SL tms get away with that? Where is the closing LOD? They should be keeping track of who is going up, and spread the backup response around.

How do SL tms get away with that? Where is the closing LOD? They should be keeping track of who is going up, and spread the backup response around.

Our EIT is closing LOD twice a week and she is a total pushover. I dont know if you heard the story how our SL TMs love to brag how their team member number starts with one.

The LOD who calls them out they always use the famous "I am with a guest" to get out of it.

It's the GSTL's job to call for backup. It's the management in the store (LOD) who should make sure people are responding and to figure out a balanced system.

dont know if you heard the story how our SL TMs love to brag how their team member number starts with one.

Yeah, so does mine. Send them my way. That is total failure on the part of the leader. Time to just start scheduling them to cover breaks and lunches at the front.

Also all of you that buy starbucks and leave cups scattered around the sales floor can go straight to hell.

This. So much this. They are everywhere! Such slobs, how hard is it to throw out your cup? And sometimes I find Starbucks cups that are half filled or more!! You spend THAT much fucking money on coffee and barely have any of it?? A special kind of stupid

There are anywhere between 15-20 carts of reshops just in toys daily. Electronics is seeing about 10 per day. GSTL has resorted to calling TMs out by name over walkie, and if nothing, using the PA system to try and shame people into coming up for guest first. Can't back up in the front if I'm stuck backing up the register in electronics as well, lady.

Utter disaster.

There are anywhere between 15-20 carts of reshops just in toys daily. Electronics is seeing about 10 per day. GSTL has resorted to calling TMs out by name over walkie, and if nothing, using the PA system to try and shame people into coming up for guest first. Can't back up in the front if I'm stuck backing up the register in electronics as well, lady.

Utter disaster.
Electronics TMs aren't even allowed to go for backup at my store, we're that busy over there, so we need two of us plus mobile to keep a handle on the line/guests. And only 10 carts a day? Can we trade stores for a day? Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back