Archived "Don't you know it's Christmas?!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
My very last guest was buying an xbox and a few games.

Lemme go back, she said before she asked for the Xbox that this is her last Xmas because she has cancer.

Long story short, every form of payment got declined or I simply couldn't accept them (starter checks? Money orders? Wat lol) and out came the waterworks.

Not sure if I just had an actress or if I ruined Xmas. :S

You were getting scammed probably. Lol. I had the the same thing happen to me my first year at Target. They were the last ones in the store Christmas eve, and had a bunch of gift target gift cards they were trying to use. They were the same ones we give out for gift card promotions. Well, all of them were empty, and they tried to claim that they were from a return, the other Target must have messed up. Turns out they just swiped a stack of empty gift cards, and tried to pretend some technical error would entitle them to free merchandise.

As horrible as it sounds I basically ended up cutting her off mid-sentence and walked away. We had a massive truck, the backstock situation was overwhelming, and I was just fucking sick of being at work. It was 20min past the end of my shift, this lady's request was totally unreasonable and she didn't seem to understand it. My nametag was on underneath the red hoodie I was wearing, so I figured "hell...she has no idea who I am and therefor can't really complain...I'm done" :oops::oops:

I've never really done that before, but some people are just impossible.

I had to do this to a guest like two days before Halloween. I was covering GSTL and for some reason we were understaffed (surprising, I know.), we only had two cashiers not counting SCO attendant. Not to mention our salesfloor team had like three or four callouts that day so there was nothing to do but just ride it through.

So anyways, the guest came up to me and started complaining and nagging at how people are just leaving their carts and walking out, that they came to Target to avoid this kind of business at Walmart, and how completely unacceptable this was. As I start to explain the situation and apologize, he cuts me off repeatedly and continues to say "How is that my problem?" and various comments to that degree when all I do is just turn around and continue towards the flashing lanes all the meanwhile guest service is calling me over and over again.

The guest followed me around just yelling that I'm a horrible manager while I ignored him until I got to guest service, wrote down the guest relations number, my name, store number and told him something like "Sir, I tried explaining to you why the lines are long and all you did is brush my explanation off to the side multiple times. I understand your frustration, trust me I do, but there is absolutely nothing I can do so you can either continue following me around while I work or you can get back in line and be almost out in the same amount of time you wasted following me around or you can just leave your stuff here and walk out the door."

I know it's completely unacceptable but this guy just wouldn't get it through his thick skull that there was nothing in my power that I could do. You can't expect great service while belittling those who can provide it to you.

By not waiting until the last day of the sale to buy it.

Basically what I told someone when we were out of turkeys two days before Thanksgiving. You waited til one in the afternoon, but the thing is, others had the same idea - they didn't sleep in - you did so you are assed out. Be here at open if you want one.

I had to do this to a guest like two days before Halloween. I was covering GSTL and for some reason we were understaffed (surprising, I know.), we only had two cashiers not counting SCO attendant. Not to mention our salesfloor team had like three or four callouts that day so there was nothing to do but just ride it through.

So anyways, the guest came up to me and started complaining and nagging at how people are just leaving their carts and walking out, that they came to Target to avoid this kind of business at Walmart, and how completely unacceptable this was. As I start to explain the situation and apologize, he cuts me off repeatedly and continues to say "How is that my problem?" and various comments to that degree when all I do is just turn around and continue towards the flashing lanes all the meanwhile guest service is calling me over and over again.

The guest followed me around just yelling that I'm a horrible manager while I ignored him until I got to guest service, wrote down the guest relations number, my name, store number and told him something like "Sir, I tried explaining to you why the lines are long and all you did is brush my explanation off to the side multiple times. I understand your frustration, trust me I do, but there is absolutely nothing I can do so you can either continue following me around while I work or you can get back in line and be almost out in the same amount of time you wasted following me around or you can just leave your stuff here and walk out the door."

I know it's completely unacceptable but this guy just wouldn't get it through his thick skull that there was nothing in my power that I could do. You can't expect great service while belittling those who can provide it to you.

He wanted you to take his stuff and ring him out right then and there, and got pissed when you didn't get the hint. Cut him off and send his ass on his way just like you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back