Archived Dont you love work bench?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give me that damn survey, I need to ruin someone's day in Minnesota.
Can I take it 10 times and give super negative input each time, for the sole purpose of making someone realize that WorkBench is shit?

The layout is getting better, search produces tons of useless results to subpages of random articles...why doesn't it just link to main pages within the first few links? Why would you think I'm searching for a 7 year old .jpg file?

I like the favoriting, though. I wish you could favorite any page, would make life a tad easier.

Why would anyone answer an employer survey honestly when the employer can track who submitted what answers?

I will say the homepage is an improvement but there's definitely a lot of useful information that just isn't there. And the lack of useful pictures doesn't help. I remember looking up how to do Ship to Stores and half the image links were broken, probably still are.

I think I gave a pretty low score on that "survey" but didn't bother writing a comment. Not enough space or time to tell them what I think, with examples.

Why would anyone answer an employer survey honestly when the employer can track who submitted what answers?
It's a single question survey about a resource used company-wide. If you think somebody at headquarters is correlating responses and putting together a grudge list to send to store leadership I don't know what to tell you.

So I've been trying to find best practice for the front end on workbench. My face is bruised from me banging it on the desk in frustration.
I'd appreciate any pointers.
One thing I'm looking for is the proper way to take care of the guest when they think they should get a gift card with a purchase. It happens all day every day esp with laundry stuff. (Buy 2 Tide, Gain or Downy & get a $5 gift card, for example.) Does anyone know where I can find this info?

I'd like to punch whoever organized this garbage in the face.

So I've been trying to find best practice for the front end on workbench. My face is bruised from me banging it on the desk in frustration.
I'd appreciate any pointers.
One thing I'm looking for is the proper way to take care of the guest when they think they should get a gift card with a purchase. It happens all day every day esp with laundry stuff. (Buy 2 Tide, Gain or Downy & get a $5 gift card, for example.) Does anyone know where I can find this info?
When purchasing items as part of a Buy One Get One (BOGO) promotion, the promotional discount is based on the lowest priced item, then applied to each item proportionately. If you choose to return any of the items, your refund will be reduced to the discounted amount for each item.

Here are some examples:
  • Buy One, Get One Free: If your first qualifying item is $50 and your second qualifying item is $40, both items will be discounted by $20 for a total discount of $40. If either item is returned, the return value will be equal to the original purchase price reduced by $20.
  • Buy One, Get One 50% Off: If your first qualifying item is $50 and your second qualifying item is $40, both items will be discounted by $10 for a total discount of $20. If either item is returned, the return value will be equal to the original purchase price reduced by $10.

I'm specifically trying to find best practice for when POS does not prompt to scan a gift card and we need to make it right for the guest. We've been scanning a GC putting $5 on it then doing a store coupon for $5 and giving the GC to the guest.
Some leaders think we should discount one item by $5 instead.

As crappy as workbench can be, it'll never be as bad as TCM... *shiver*

I'm specifically trying to find best practice for when POS does not prompt to scan a gift card and we need to make it right for the guest. We've been scanning a GC putting $5 on it then doing a store coupon for $5 and giving the GC to the guest.
Logic points to the way you've been doing it, giving them a giftcard. The deal isn't "get $5 off your purchase."

Wouldn't taking the $5 off to cover the gift card by making discounts on each associated item make the most sense? Buy 3 tide products get $5 gift card you'd take 1.66/1.66/1.67 off each of them so if they return it they only get the partial refund back?
I am saying this without knowing how the $5 store coupon applies to returns however.

These responses are exactly why I'm trying to find info on best practice. Everyone has a different idea about how to do this. lol

Wouldn't taking the $5 off to cover the gift card by making discounts on each associated item make the most sense? Buy 3 tide products get $5 gift card you'd take 1.66/1.66/1.67 off each of them so if they return it they only get the partial refund back?
I am saying this without knowing how the $5 store coupon applies to returns however.
Well, if the $5 gift card only applies if you buy 3 and if you return one, you shouldn't be allowed to keep any part of the $5 you only got for buying 3. Granted, there'd also be no way to know you're supposed to take the gift card's value off of a return doing it the other way either, but imo sending them off with a GC at least means they'd have to come back shopping the store to spend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back