Drastic hours Cuts?

And this is how it should be. It used to really piss me off that other TMs were getting more hours than me when, at least according to all the feedback I got from everyone, leaders and TMs alike, I was the GOAT and they were...not.

It was explained to me that hours had to be distributed equitably to avoid conflict. That's nuts. If someone is clearly better and more reliable and they want the hours, they should be given them. If other TMs want more hours, they can step their nethers up and earn them.
Team has caught on to this and are on my ass about it lol. I'm not gonna lie to them, I tell them that we don't manage through the schedule and I don't have a lot of wiggle room, and I won't pretend it's fair. My best TMs are all talking about quitting again and one lectured me about "merit based" being the biggest bullshit they've ever heard. Nothing here is significantly merit based. Getting rid of the slackers and late/call-offers is as hard as it ever was. We were getting to a good place w/morale and then Target came and crushed it again. Thanks lol!

Team has caught on to this and are on my ass about it lol. I'm not gonna lie to them, I tell them that we don't manage through the schedule and I don't have a lot of wiggle room, and I won't pretend it's fair. My best TMs are all talking about quitting again and one lectured me about "merit based" being the biggest bullshit they've ever heard. Nothing here is significantly merit based. Getting rid of the slackers and late/call-offers is as hard as it ever was. We were getting to a good place w/morale and then Target came and crushed it again. Thanks lol!

At my store they are currently concerned at keeping a certain head count but not whether those TMs do anything.

ASANTS, but I've noticed lately at my store that some people are rarely present anymore except for the 5-10 "regulars." We were told during a huddle that july would be good for payroll but idk...

One TM has been complaining to me daily about how much it sucks and is passed that they "Won't make an exception" for because she needs the money.

🙄

Then be proactive and pick up a shift.

One TM has been complaining to me daily about how much it sucks and is passed that they "Won't make an exception" for because she needs the money.

🙄

I am a HRE and it’s amazing when you call people to pick up a shift, they are the same ones complaining about not getting enough hours or they don’t pick up the phone.

We have heard the same, prepare for July to be bad 🙄 which to be honest would not be an issue, if all the leaders would support in the workload. I’ve worked for 4 other companies, never seen one that lets the leadership eat up so many hours just to sit in the back office most of the day. Oh and I would love to see an attendance reports for executives 😂 I swear our HR ETL does less hours than me.
Ditto here with hr and SD as well. Usually only see them around Starbucks.. we ve had 6 pairs of hands on the floor in TL s and they just walk around chatting with each other, push a couple boxes...back into the office.

Our ETL HR wants to know why there are so many leaving and they just can't understand... seriously?! Bills to pay, people to feed.

At this point, even those with WIDE OPEN availability are only getting 15-20 hours. They're out of excuses other than "because corp is being cheap."
WIDE OPEN availability was never a guarantee of hours just that Target could schedule whenever they wanted.

No one is falling for that anymore.

If I am scheduled on a day I am not unavailable does this pop up in the app they use to schedule?

🙄

It irritates when team members complain about lack of hours then they won’t pick up shifts. They say oh no I’m not doing a
Closing shift, Saturday, etc…

How do you pick up shifts when you’re trained everywhere except one area and myTime wants to say the only shifts ever available are in the one area you’re not trained in? In my case it’s guest service.

How do you pick up shifts when you’re trained everywhere except one area and myTime wants to say the only shifts ever available are in the one area you’re not trained in? In my case it’s guest service.
Call the store and ask hr if there's shifts available would be your immediate answer. Then make sure you are coded into the areas correctly with hr after. Everyone should be able to see cashier or fulfillment shifts though.

Nope nothing I tested it out by my wife posting a shift for gm and it didn’t show up for me while I posted fulfillment and planogram shifts and they came up for her.

Nope nothing I tested it out by my wife posting a shift for gm and it didn’t show up for me while I posted fulfillment and planogram shifts and they came up for her.
I wasn't seeing anything other than my main work center and I am cross trained literally everywhere else. I asked HR and they had not "checked all the boxes". They went back and did and now I see all areas.

Ditto here with hr and SD as well. Usually only see them around Starbucks.. we ve had 6 pairs of hands on the floor in TL s and they just walk around chatting with each other, push a couple boxes...back into the office.
At least they push a couple of boxes… Our HR ETL is hilarious, shows up takes breakfast orders for most of the leaders and disappears for an hour getting the food.

At least they push a couple of boxes… Our HR ETL is hilarious, shows up takes breakfast orders for most of the leaders and disappears for an hour getting the food.
Our ETLs had to have a half-hour discussion about where to go for the food and whose turn it was to go get it before one of them left for 45 minutes to actually make the food run. Apparently they couldn’t make the decision at their 45 minute ”meeting” at Starbucks before store opening every morning since that time seemed to be allocated for gossiping about the rank and file and likely whichever ETL was off that day. What a system!🙄 And they thought the rest of us didn’t know what was going on…😂

Back