Archived Dress code for training

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new! My training is the day after tomorrow. But I don't have red shirts and khakis pants. Do I have to wear like this for the training?

how long is your orientation scheduled for? at my store we do orientation and cashier training on the same day, so you'd need to be in red and khaki for it.

how long is your orientation scheduled for? at my store we do orientation and cashier training on the same day, so you'd need to be in red and khaki for it.
Interesting! How big are your orientations? We either have a one or two person orientation or almost 10 so when we have our big ones that definitely wouldn’t work. I can barley support training two new TMs the same day. I like the idea but our front end would get super overwhelmed.

Interesting! How big are your orientations? We either have a one or two person orientation or almost 10 so when we have our big ones that definitely wouldn’t work. I can barley support training two new TMs the same day. I like the idea but our front end would get super overwhelmed.

I've done 8 TMs in a cashier training at once after an orientation, and I've done as little as just one. I'm also the cashier trainer at my store, so when we've got trainees I take over the lanes so that I can be nearby to answer any questions/help them out. It's a lot of work but I find that cashier training is easier in groups because you get a lot of different perspectives and questions that might otherwise have not been asked.

I've done 8 TMs in a cashier training at once after an orientation, and I've done as little as just one. I'm also the cashier trainer at my store, so when we've got trainees I take over the lanes so that I can be nearby to answer any questions/help them out. It's a lot of work but I find that cashier training is easier in groups because you get a lot of different perspectives and questions that might otherwise have not been asked.
I like this. My stores style of training is more one on one though. Their first day is all the computer training and quizzes and then I have them do reading and best practice that way they can learn what the right way to go things before they start to develop the “well this is how we do it” habits. Depending on their shift that usually takes up about half so after lunch I’ll have them partner with one of our cashier mentors and spend the rest of their shift doing one on one live training.

I am new! My training is the day after tomorrow. But I don't have red shirts and khakis pants. Do I have to wear like this for the training?

Call the store and ask HR. Some stores make you wear R&K others want you in street clothes. If they want you in full uniform, explain your situation and they might be able to get you clothes off the floor.

Call the store and ask HR. Some stores make you wear R&K others want you in street clothes. If they want you in full uniform, explain your situation and they might be able to get you clothes off the floor.

I would be very hesitant with angling for that. While I may outwardly seem fine with getting TMs (or new TMs in this case) clothes off the floor, inside I'm starting to question how committed you are if you can't even scrounge together a pair of r&k. I'm not expecting a ton of commitment from a minimum wage job in a terrible company but at least enough where you'll stay for a few months and will show up for every shift.

At my store we don't requisition any more (unless the situation really demands it). TMs were abusing the system and just showing up out of uniform every day, hoping to score new clothes. You could always tell who the abusers were. Instead of grabbing the $10 basic polo, they'd go grab expensive shirts. Sometimes shirts that could barely pass for dress code. Now the most we'll do is 50% discount. Otherwise you'll be written up for being out of dress code and sent home.

I would be very hesitant with angling for that. While I may outwardly seem fine with getting TMs (or new TMs in this case) clothes off the floor, inside I'm starting to question how committed you are if you can't even scrounge together a pair of r&k. I'm not expecting a ton of commitment from a minimum wage job in a terrible company but at least enough where you'll stay for a few months and will show up for every shift.

At my store we don't requisition any more (unless the situation really demands it). TMs were abusing the system and just showing up out of uniform every day, hoping to score new clothes. You could always tell who the abusers were. Instead of grabbing the $10 basic polo, they'd go grab expensive shirts. Sometimes shirts that could barely pass for dress code. Now the most we'll do is 50% discount. Otherwise you'll be written up for being out of dress code and sent home.

This is a new TM we are talking about though. I'd give them a price range to spend if your like pick whatever, you will get tm picking out whatever. $10 shirt and $20 pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back