Archived Dress code wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
*sigh* It's hot. And uncomfortable. Take a vote and it will pass.

So, I spent most of the first few weeks trying to figure out if we could wear capris, since no one at my store seemed to. I finally saw a TM one day wearing them. And asked her. She said HR wasn't sure, but was looking into it. I told her to let me know. That was the last I saw of her for a couple more weeks.

This past week, I saw her wearing them and asked if they had been approved. Apparently not so much. HR claimed that since the dress code was silent, that meant she couldn't. She claimed that meant she could. HR has "threatened" to call corporate to settle it.

On top of this, said TM is obviously annoyed that HR-ETL dresses outside the dress code in a specific way and wants to push that issue..figuring what's good for one is good for everyone.

I'm now regretting that I know anything about this drama. That's what I get for asking questions!

I get the feeling it's a store to store.
The ETL's and TL's wear them (one of them is a guy) at our store.
The whole one team, one voice thing is so much c r a p.

You have one weak ETL-HR if she has to call hq on a dress code issue. She should either allow it or not and state those are the rules of the store, regardless of the handbook.

I'm a GSTL. On most days, I wear cardigans because I'm not a fan of T-shirts or polos at work. I can only buy so many red dress shirts, and no one has said word about it.

A new TM at my store had asked about capris, our HR said it wasn't allowed, TM's have to wear khaki PANTS unless they're cart attendants.. Which sucks when it's 110 degrees outside. T.T
I don't see why capris aren't allowed. Dumb, dumb, dumb.
Oh well.

everyone here wears em, no real dress code as long as you have some kind of red on and khaki whatever covering your good parts, you are fine

Can't wear them. A notice was sent to our store from corporate specifically stating that. Khaki pants only, Cart attendants are the only exception to this rule, they are the only ones allowed to wear shorts. I was questioning our dress code policy the other day though when girl who works in receiving was wearing a long skirt. Maybe dresses are allowed???? I don't know about that..... Since I'm a guy I don't tend to focus on what women are allowed to wear. I would think dresses would be out of line if Capri's aren't. Just remember reading no Capri's.

we wear capris.. there's a couple of the cashiers wear what i would call shorts but no one says anything so i don't care.

the handbook says skirts are allowed as long as they are past the knee.

I think capris should be allowed as well as long as they are below the knee, not too tight, and dont look they belong on the beach.

We wear capris at our building.

the handbook says skirts are allowed as long as they are past the knee.

I think capris should be allowed as well as long as they are below the knee, not too tight, and dont look they belong on the beach.

We wear capris at our building.

Would like to see this happen at our store. Would be an interesting change.

our capris/skirts (though we only have one tm who does the skirt thing) have to be at knees or longer. CA's are the only exception.
I do wish they would do something about the fit though...we have ladies who have pants that are second skins and men that have knee dragging pants.

Target needs a concrete rule on dresscode. I know some state laws make it a little tricky though.

Work isn't meant to be a fashion show. Save that for when you're off the clock.

Should be a mandatory tucked in polo, khaki pants, and clean shoes for all team members. Mandatory button down for TL and up. Simple and to the point.

Ugh. Glad it doesn't need to be tucked in. I move around too much for that to be comfortable, and it would make me hotter than I already am!

here's a good one - nametag, left or right side?

I wear mine on the left...most people seem to at my store, but not everyone. I think as long as it's on, they don't care at my store....

here's a good one - nametag, left or right side?

I think official policy is for it to be on the right. I think the reason given is because you use your right hand when you shake hands.
However, in reality, just as long as you're wearing it, they don't care (at least not my store).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back