• The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.

Dress code

Are you allowed to wear any other color shirts as long as you have a red vest on? Just wanted to make sure

IWishIKnew

This was supposed to be a seasonal job...
What Sassy said. I have a red fleece vest that I wear every day (pockets are useful for keeping some supplies, as a GM TM), and I wear whatever T shirt I want under it, but be careful what's on your shirt under the vest.

We've always been told we can do that, so long as there isn't any writing or logos. (A small Nike logo or some such is okay, they just don't want big ones printed on there.)

So basically solid colors or patterns with a red vest/sweater over it are good.

What Sassy said. I have a red fleece vest that I wear every day (pockets are useful for keeping some supplies, as a GM TM), and I wear whatever T shirt I want under it, but be careful what's on your shirt under the vest.
I take off the red fleece vest when it gets above 75 but it is a staple in my fall, winter, early spring wardrobe.

GRC

Food and Beverage """Expert"""
My store seems to not care much about logos on shirts, there's multiple TMs who regularly wear shirts with large logos/brand names on them.

Kvothe

Demoted GSA
Probably okay at my store, but the shirts in question are a bit wanting sartorially.

The first two would be no, the last would depend on what executive leadership was in the building.