Archived DTL Gave Certain Worker Centers Permission to Wear Black Shirts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per our dtl, select logistic positions are allowed to wear black shirts and hoodies while performing their tasks for the day.

The people allowed to were black shirts

-Instocks while doing anything RFID related on the floor.
-Ship from Store. Because orders need to be picked by 230
-Backroom. Because Flexes need to be pulled on time so we can assit with SFS and STS.
-Pricing for obvious reasons

DTL is having shirts printed up for BRTMs that say "Backroom" on the back with a small target logo in red on the front. DTL says guest are less likely to bother "vendor looking tms" over proper dressed ones but it doesn't look like we are totally out of place if someone really needs help.

I get 4 free shirts so I'm down. Obvs all stores arent the same but it's one way out story is getting ready for rush over the next two months. We just started SFS two weeks ago and they want everything green.

Is this a daily thing for your store? Last year, those of us doing SPU on Black Friday wore a different color shirt to avoid standing out much. I'd love it every day..

o_O

I guess it would depend upon the store volume.

However, higher volume should = more payroll = more tm on floor.

huh.

I could see on Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and a couple other high sales dates.

Been trying to get my store to let us wear different colored clothing or event street clothes for Black Friday, really don't wanna wear the red and chain all day and night.

That's awesome, and the fact that they're making custom shirts and giving them out is great too! However, there's no way that was approved from above. Target's whole thing is everyone is dressed the same, right up to the STL. I bet your ETLs are going to want custom letter jackets that say "Executive Team Leader" on them.

SFS at my store is allowed to wear black shirts at my store, but they must have their nametag and answer guest questions and respond to nearby callboxes as well. On BF, anyone strictly repushing the items that quickly sell down quickly is allowed to wear black.

Being stopped by guests is a big issue for us when we pick flexes. I am always right on top of getting them but during BTS I picked an order that had 63 items and the floor was covered in guests, asking question after question "do you have this" "do you have any more of these" etc. I ended up being 3 minutes late on scanning in the order. First and only time id ever missed one and we were green on every metric.

For the last few months, our SFS team wears street clothes and no name tag. Leadership doesn't want them to be stopped by guests when out on the sales floor. Jeans, tshirts, anything is okay as long as it is neat and clean.

Last year of Thanksgiving/BF/that whole weekend, backroom wore street clothes. I didn't recognize them at first and was really confused when a guy in jeans and a football jersey started handing me stuff.

I would really like that because I do both instocks and backroom and I keep getting bombarded with guests needing help because the salesfloor associates are no where to be found. Makes it so much harder to get my job done

That's awesome, and the fact that they're making custom shirts and giving them out is great too! However, there's no way that was approved from above. Target's whole thing is everyone is dressed the same, right up to the STL. I bet your ETLs are going to want custom letter jackets that say "Executive Team Leader" on them.
This is coming from somewhere above. The store I work at and other stores I'm sent to (which includes another district) all allow certain people in alternate clothes.

We have standing permission in SFS to wear grey instead of red so that we get stopped less often. It obviously still happens since we're pushing around a big red metal three-tier with a PDA and walkie on our hip, but it's noticeably less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back