Archived DTL Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
This past month with the roll out of myTime our DTL has started to put all the ETLs on a short leash and now it has finally flowed down to us normal TMs. To preface this I have not had any problems before and I just got an effective rating on my review with surprisingly great feedback from one of my TLs. There was a glitch when we switched over to myTime and one out of the eight shifts did not transfer over properly and I didnt now I was to come in. They wrote me up for a ncns and even after I showed them the print outs that I had from mytime saying I was off and showed them in the handbook where it says that TMs can check on eHR for the schedule, they still insist that what is posted on the print out is the official schedule. Of course this was not presented to me until well after the fact and quite rudely at that. Then my TL brings up the fact i have been late 2 times the past month and that they are going to start writing people up for any writeupable offense per the DTLs request. On top of that the DTL has started to do surprise visits among other things. It just seems all sorts of shady to me to just all of a sudden spring stuff like this on us with out any warning to us team members until something happens. Im going to speak with HR tomorrow to see if they can do anything but I doubt I will get more of the same. If they cant/wont do anything about it then I am considering submitting it to integrity but im not 100% sure what they could do either because I could not find any info in regards to ncns in workbench.

Sorry for the long post this is more of a vent than anything else but any comments/suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

First and foremost, the DTL is like the GOD of the District. Like GOD. Your DTL will always take your STL's side, who is the GOD of your store. THE GOD. Anything your STL says GOES, 100% UNQUESTIONED authority. Then in public, your STL will take the ETL's side (although behind-the-scenes it may be different). Then the ETL's take their frustration out on TL's and blame TL's for their shortcomings (Because ETL's can't question STL/DTL ruling & need excuses). Then in return, the TL's either absorb the punishment (Which happens 90% of the time), or they blame their shortcomings on TM's or incompetent ETL's (Which is actually true MANY times.. fresh college grads with no/little work history are complete idiots). And at this point we've gotten so low on the ladder that your contributions & opinions really do not matter ... at all (Unless you're a TM and there's another TM you're disagreeing with, then your petty little TM problems matter to the two of you and any other TM that gets involved. Upper management doesn't wanna hear about your issues, they got their own.)

100% honest from someone that's been with target for over half-decade and seen the behind-the-scenes.. YOU, as a TM, are not relevant to the daily decision making of the the store & company. You are a tool. To be used, and disposed when you start questioning your purpose or disagreeing with management. I know, it's really hard to swallow. You get paid slave-labor wages, and when you get your 10 cent review, you come up with several reasons why you're worth more, but nobody listens. Listen, last year target made almost $2,000,000,000 (2 BILLION) dollars in NET profits.. if your opinion REALLY mattered, they would seek it more than the once-a-year WORST TEAM SURVEY (with NO comment sections). With no hours and no health benefits, I hope you really see where you stand within the company. But here, have a crap-colored (no joke) great team card and if you really WOW us, we might even allow a WHOLE $5 meal for you!! WOWZERS!

Now i'm not telling you all this to put you down. I want you to know the truth. Everyone needs to know. Why do you think in the last 6 months, virtually everyone has jumped ship and gone elsewhere? I hope you're actively seeking employeement elsewhere and don't come up with the excuse, "there's no jobs, blah blah blah." Because at the RATE and HOURS you're at, LITERALLY ANYWHERE else would be a STEP-UP than what you're making now. At the "competitive wage" (aka MIN WAGE) Target offers, at least elsewhere you'll have your sanity, dignity, and at least a chance to do something better than settling for crumbs that fall off Corporates dinner table. Eventually everyone's time comes, I just hope you do it on YOUR OWN terms versus letting the company decide for you.

I realized all of this crap a lonngggg time before now and have actively been seeking employment elsewhere for the past two months or so. I did some digging and apparently the reason why the DTL is doing this is bc certain TLs and ETLs haven't been doing what they are suppose to before she took over. So basically us lowly TMs are just getting caught in the cross fire.

I realized all of this crap a lonngggg time before now and have actively been seeking employment elsewhere for the past two months or so. I did some digging and apparently the reason why the DTL is doing this is bc certain TLs and ETLs haven't been doing what they are suppose to before she took over. So basically us lowly TMs are just getting caught in the cross fire.

In a case like this is sounds more like you DTL is one of those, you need to be coaching and writing up X number of people a week, types. For some reason Target seems to think it impossible to have a good team so if your not turning in coachings and write ups on a regular basis then your not doing your job. The company has completely gone to hell and they have no idea how to fix but for HQ to blame the stores and the stores to blame the team members. Because of course it is the team members who screwed up the P-fresh concept, the Canada expansion and the data breach.

Your mistake is assuming that another company will see you any differently.... unless you have mad skills (chemistry, biology, engineering, etc.) you will be seen as a near worthless tool at any company.

In a case like this is sounds more like you DTL is one of those, you need to be coaching and writing up X number of people a week, types. For some reason Target seems to think it impossible to have a good team so if your not turning in coachings and write ups on a regular basis then your not doing your job. The company has completely gone to hell and they have no idea how to fix but for HQ to blame the stores and the stores to blame the team members. Because of course it is the team members who screwed up the P-fresh concept, the Canada expansion and the data breach.

Yep she is. Apparently they are now making multiple visits a week now unannounced. The STL at the other store in our area walked out this weekend over this. In the huddle today the HR rep made a specific not that it is a requirement to remain fast, fun, and friendly and that team members need to cheer up because lately everyone has been short with each other. Hmmmm I wonder why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back