Archived DTL sneaky visit.... rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my store, we usually have 5 people in electronics department at a time. They tend to all congregate in the semi-circle desk area. One day I saw our Market Manager in the store just shopping for himself. (We are "lucky" enough to have all of our Market Managers live in the same area as our store, so I guess it is not all that uncommon to see them in.) I knew that he had walked around the store and was waiting in line to check out. I was on my way back to the break room in the back of the store. As I was walking by the group of associates hanging around the kiosk, I walk up to them and quietly say, "Just wanted to let you guys know Market Manager *Bill* is in the store." It was very humorous watching them disperse immediately. (I just thought it was funny that they got to work so quick.) I did not lie to them, he was in the store, but he was in the process of leaving. :peace:

I used to work in the pharmacy so we had a different Market Manager for that division. Most associates know our market manager but they do not know the pharmacy market manager. So now that I am on the front-end the pharmacy market manager was checking out today and I walked by. She said hello to me, and I stopped to talk for a bit about how I was doing (I have a minor injury so that was the topic of discussion.) Then I got bak to work. A few minutes later after she had left, I was walking by that cashier. The cashier stopped me to ask me who the lady was. I asked "why did you screw up with something big-time?" She responded that she had not. I was then like, "Well that is good! She is our Pharmacy Market Manager!" The look of horror on the cashiers face was priceless. I did tell her not to worry though. :)

Yeh, it's always fun when they learn who they were ringing out after the fact....lol

Like when I was new and had to cash out our STL early in the morning (I'm NOT a morning person)... D-: But she was nice. Unfortunately, she's not with Spot anymore.

Yeh, it's always fun when they learn who they were ringing out after the fact....lol

Except all our guests deserve the best job that we can do when we check them out.......

I told this story before but here it is again. I was pretty pissed off at being at work one day and tired of being called up for backup. This one woman and her friend come in my line and start a conversation.

Me: "Hello how are you?"
Her: "Good how are you?"
"Could be better. I'm not used to being up here all night"
"What section do you work?"
"The food section."
"How do you like working here?"
"Quite frankly, it sucks. The work is mindless, benefits non-existent, and nobody treats you with respect. This is not the best company ever like they want you to believe." I probably said other things but don't remember.
"Oh well I'm an HR executive for Target on the group level" as she hands over her discount card.
jaw meet floor
"At least you were honest."

I told this story before but here it is again. I was pretty pissed off at being at work one day and tired of being called up for backup. This one woman and her friend come in my line and start a conversation.

Me: "Hello how are you?"
Her: "Good how are you?"
"Could be better. I'm not used to being up here all night"
"What section do you work?"
"The food section."
"How do you like working here?"
"Quite frankly, it sucks. The work is mindless, benefits non-existent, and nobody treats you with respect. This is not the best company ever like they want you to believe." I probably said other things but don't remember.
"Oh well I'm an HR executive for Target on the group level" as she hands over her discount card.
jaw meet floor
"At least you were honest."

:-O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back