Archived Dumb questions from Guests......really..... you have to ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was walking through the store today on my lunch break. (Wearing a black coat, no red showing at all)
A guest asked me where white chocolate Cadbury eggs were. (They must be able to sniff out TM's). I said, I'm on my lunch break, I can get you someone to show you where they are in seasonal because I'm not sure exactly where they are there, but I do know that there is a big display of them in front of check lane number 5. She huffed and puffed and said, all the way up there? I'm back here now.. I thought, but aren't you going to be checking out eventually?

She stormed off before I could find someone for her. Smh
I truly do not understand why people do not get the whole "I am off the clock and I am not blatantly wearing red so leave me the fuck alone"

I was walking through the store today on my lunch break. (Wearing a black coat, no red showing at all)
A guest asked me where white chocolate Cadbury eggs were. (They must be able to sniff out TM's). I said, I'm on my lunch break, I can get you someone to show you where they are in seasonal because I'm not sure exactly where they are there, but I do know that there is a big display of them in front of check lane number 5. She huffed and puffed and said, all the way up there? I'm back here now.. I thought, but aren't you going to be checking out eventually?

She stormed off before I could find someone for her. Smh
My go to line is "I'm on a timed lunch break but I can get someone else to help."

Once, I had a conversation with a guest that went like this:

"Where do I go if I want to pay for something here and pick it up at a different Target?"

"... Do you mean if you put it on hold? I can call another store and put it on hold for you."

"No. I mean I want to pay for the item here, show another store my receipt and pick it up there."

"We don't do that, sir. We wouldn't sell you an item if we don't have it in our store."

"Yes you do. I've done it here before."

"..."

"I'll speak to your manager. He'll know what I'm talking about."

The LOD did not know what he was talking about.

"Where do I go if I want to pay for something here and pick it up at a different Target?"

"... Do you mean if you put it on hold? I can call another store and put it on hold for you."

"No. I mean I want to pay for the item here, show another store my receipt and pick it up there."

"We don't do that, sir. We wouldn't sell you an item if we don't have it in our store."

"..."

Maybe he walked into Target, pulled out his phone and ordered an item for pick-up at another store...and then turned around and left.

Yes, hello. I have a mobile coupon today.

Wonderful! Can I scan the barcode?

It doesn't have one. (Strike one)

Well can I see it?

Certainly. [Opens Messages and goes to a picture] (Strike Two)

The guest presents me with a picture someone sent him of a coupon website detailing a coupon available, with the big green GET THIS COUPON HERE button. (Strike Three)

Sir, I can't accept this. This is not a coupon.

Yes it is! See, it says $5 off!

TL;DR: You cannot use a picture of a webpage informing you a coupon exists as your coupon. We need a barcode and expiration date AT LEAST.

Last edited:
Yes, hello. I have a mobile coupon today.

Wonderful! Can I scan the barcode?

It doesn't have one. (Strike one)

Well can I see it?

Certainly. [Opens Messages and goes to a picture] (Strike Two)

The guest presents me with a picture someone sent him of a coupon website detailing a coupon available, with the big green GET THIS COUPON HERE button.

Sir, I can't accept this. This is not a coupon.

Yes it is! See, it says $5 off!

TL;DR: You cannot use a picture of a webpage informing you a coupon exists as your coupon. We need a barcode and expiration date AT LEAST.

This used to happen all the time at the Big Box Book Store.
People would print off the email that told them they had coupons from their regular reader program available instead of the coupons.
Of course the coupons had specific numbers assigned to them.

"..."

My store has iPads at guest service where guests can order an item online and pick it up at a different Target. Maybe that's what they were talking about.

My store has iPads at guest service where guests can order an item online and pick it up at a different Target. Maybe that's what they were talking about.

Ahh maybe. He said he's done it at our store, though. Which I doubt. Do you have to show your receipt?

"..."

Or he was colorblind and couldn't distinguish red from blue? We are Target not Best Buy sir.

If it's flexible fulfillment, you don't get a receipt. You show your ID and they finalize the transaction (your card gets charged) when they give you your stuff.

Exactly, that's what I was trying to tell him. But he insisted he could pay for it at one store and pick it up at another. Why would you even want to do that? What if something goes wrong and the other store doesn't have it in stock? Then you'll have to ask for a refund for something you never actually had.

Exactly, that's what I was trying to tell him. But he insisted he could pay for it at one store and pick it up at another. Why would you even want to do that? What if something goes wrong and the other store doesn't have it in stock? Then you'll have to ask for a refund for something you never actually had.
From what I understand you're not charged until they find the item and you pick it up. You're sent a confirmation email once they find the item. But I agree, I'd rather just call another store and confirm they have it.

Last edited:
I constantly get calls, asking about an item and they say we might have it in stock. I go and spend my precious time looking up the item, only to see its online only.

Then of course:
Guest: do you have this in a size large?
Me: here let me check...nope, we are out of stock.
Guest: well it says it's available online and you do store pick up. Can I just order it on my phone and pick it up right now.
Me: no you can't. We are out of stock. Our backroom has left for the night that fulfills orders. You'd have to wait until it was delivered to the store for the order to become ready.
Guest: but I can pick it up in the store after I order it. I really need it now.
Me: I can check other stores, but we don't have it here.

Guest walks off angry.

Today an old man asked me to bring out 5 72 count boxes of hot wheels out so he could look through them and see if we had any new ones in stock. Maybe he had grand kids, but it seemed odd.

"Do your bikes go on sale?" No ma'am, they are the one thing in this store we never change the prices on.

"When will you start accepting Bitcoin?"
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Thanks for that, I needed a laugh today.

Today an old man asked me to bring out 5 72 count boxes of hot wheels out so he could look through them and see if we had any new ones in stock. Maybe he had grand kids, but it seemed odd.
Probably a collector, I've seen a couple at our store. One of them I'm pretty sure comes in at least once a week and times his visits for when we should have toys all pushed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back