Archived Dumb questions from Guests......really..... you have to ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Can I get that blended drink....the coffee one......what is it? The crappucino?"

Maybe it's the color, I dunno.........but I had to go the back for a few minutes after that one.

At first glance I thought you said you went in the back for a few minutes to get the ingredients.
I know there's a secret menu but that kinda worried me.

As I am lifting a shelf to set it at it's correct height...
"Can you help me?"
yes ma'am I sure can.
"Do you have more of this Lamp in stock?"
well that's an easy question to answer, scan it.. no, we don't.
"Can I buy the Display?"
Yes you can
"It's really dusty, doI get a discount?"
yeah we could do that ($59.99 lamp)
"I think 20% or more sounds fair...)
okay, I'm not sure how much of a discount, take it to guest service at the front of the store and they can help you out. (saying this to make this middle aged woman with her mother GO AWAY!!!)
she continues going on and on of irrelevant words, back and forth, I tell her. "Ma'am, are you ready to check out right now? I can go with you to a check lane and adjust the price for you." we go up there, log in. scan the lamp and mark it to $40.00 even.
She then starts having second thoughts, and says she wants to continue shopping and wants to leave the lamp there............
I don't really say anything, I void it, log off, leave the lamp there and go back to work. where do these people come from? the only reason why I even offered was because our stl gave us all a talk about 'getting product out the door'. what a waste of 15 minutes and interrupting my focus

"I don't know what its called, but I got it at another Starbucks and it was good. " So, I proceed to ask what was in it and/or what it tastes like, and of course they don't know. But, they sure as hell get pissed that I can't figure it out after asking 20 questions. Wtf.

"I don't know what its called, but I got it at another Starbucks and it was good. " So, I proceed to ask what was in it and/or what it tastes like, and of course they don't know. But, they sure as hell get pissed that I can't figure it out after asking 20 questions. Wtf.

Yup. Reminds me of these types:

Guest: "Can you show me some nice shirts?"
Me: "What kind of shirts are you looking for?"
Guest: "Just, you know...like...shirts."
Me: *internal sigh* "For..women?"
Guest: "Yeah."
*We are in the women's section and the shirts are literally everywhere*
Guest: "Yeah, I looked around and I didn't see anything I liked."

Well, good news. If you turn left and walk straight, there's a Macy's not too far from here. Come back soon.

Today an old man asked me to bring out 5 72 count boxes of hot wheels out so he could look through them and see if we had any new ones in stock. Maybe he had grand kids, but it seemed odd.
Hot Wheels has special cars for people to collect....the cars are kind of rare and can be very valuable. He probably asked for the cases so he could get out the special car in each box.
For every 72 count box there is one special car.....so by having you get the boxes he was able to get the special car in each box.
The special car has its own logo placed on it and that's what distinguishes it from the other 71 cars.
The rarity of the car.....one of every 72....makes the car desirable....and will make it really valuable....someday.

"Do you have organic white onions?"

< "No ma'am. We only carry a bag of organic yellow onions."

"Oh."

5 minutes later:

"I found these white onions. They look organic."

< Amazed, I asked her "How exactly do they look organic?"

"You know. They look clean, no wax on them. So these are organic?"

< "No ma'am. They're not organic. All organic items have organic packaging or stickers."

"Well, I'll buy them anyway. They sure do look organic."

The more organics we sell, the more ridiculous questions we'll be forced to endure. God help me if someone asks why we don't just go 100% organic one more time.

The more organics we sell, the more ridiculous questions we'll be forced to endure. God help me if someone asks why we don't just go 100% organic one more time.

Yes, because clearly we can decide what goes in the store. Oh, no wait, our manager, AKA the owner of Spot, makes those calls.

Ever had a guest tell you: "Let your manager know that you need to start carrying product xyz in the store"?
I always just say "Yes, mam, I'll get right on that."

Yes, because clearly we can decide what goes in the store. Oh, no wait, our manager, AKA the owner of Spot, makes those calls.

Ever had a guest tell you: "Let your manager know that you need to start carrying product xyz in the store"?
I always just say "Yes, mam, I'll get right on that."
I had one lady, while I was still in softlines, bitching about "booty shorts" and how that's all we had for girls (kids). Gave her two comment cards, one to fill out and leave in the store and one to take home for the phone number. She left both in the fitting room. Telling the chattel isn't going to change anything.
Maybe if you bitched about it to all the other moms, parents would stop buying so many for their girls and the stock in store would change!

Rancors are expensive to invest in... but at least it'll be well-fed!

But they're so so cute.

Rancor_NEGAS.jpg

I had a guest return a lace dress because the lace had a skull pattern and she found that offensive for children's clothing. Okay, fine. But then she wanted me to pull them all from the floor and call corporate about it myself.

Here's a card with a phone number.

BYE
These people make me laugh out loud.

Guests who ask can I have a Icee?? Ummmm do you see any Icee cups at my register??? Guests who say where is the bathroom or where is the ATM ( sign is huge and they miss it)

Guests who ask can I have a Icee?? Ummmm do you see any Icee cups at my register??? Guests who say where is the bathroom or where is the ATM ( sign is huge and they miss it)
They're probably asking because you can purchase them at the lanes, then go over to SBux/Food Ave and actually grab em'

Just sayin'

They're probably asking because you can purchase them at the lanes, then go over to SBux/Food Ave and actually grab em'

Just sayin'
This ^^^

I used to get a snack and fountain soda on my break but I got tired of the cashier not knowing how to ring it up and the SBTL accusing me stealing soda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back