Archived Dumb questions from Guests......really..... you have to ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think many people can read. The sign on Target Cafe clearly says 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM. Yet people will ask at 8:00 AM if they are open. Nobody there, lights off. What to you think? Same with the Pharmacy, or when they are on lunch. "Why do they need to take a lunch, I need them open when I am here on my lunch"

Guest: "can I get a pepperoni & cheese pizza"
Me: "alright, your total is 9.75"
Guest: "a pizza is 9.75???? Whoa whoa"
Me: "You only want one pizza? Sorry, I thought you asked for pepperoni and cheese?"
Guest: "yes, just a pepperoni & cheese pizza."
Me: "so a pepperoni pizza?"
Guest: "no a pepperoni and cheese, I want cheese on it. does a pepperoni pizza have cheese on it?"
Me: .............................

"DOES A PEPPERONI PIZZA HAVE CHEESE ON IT?"

Guest: "can I get a pepperoni & cheese pizza"
Me: "alright, your total is 9.75"
Guest: "a pizza is 9.75???? Whoa whoa"
Me: "You only want one pizza? Sorry, I thought you asked for pepperoni and cheese?"
Guest: "yes, just a pepperoni & cheese pizza."
Me: "so a pepperoni pizza?"
Guest: "no a pepperoni and cheese, I want cheese on it. does a pepperoni pizza have cheese on it?"
Me: .............................

"DOES A PEPPERONI PIZZA HAVE CHEESE ON IT?"

Meanwhile, your brain is thinking... "The family planning aisle is by the Pharmacy"

Yeah I want a pepperoni pizza with no cheese. No sauce too. Oh, do you charge extra to put sauce and cheese on a pepperoni pizza? You don't? Wow, today must be my luck day. I guess I'm gonna spoil myself and I will take cheese and sauce on a pepperoni pizza.

Probably one of my new "favorites" I had a few days ago.

Guest: "How long does Clearance last?"
Me: "Until we get rid of it all"
Guest: "No, no. How long does the clearance price last?"
Me: "Well that is the price now, if it doesn't go, it might drop some more."
Guest: "No, I just want to know how long the clearance last!"
Me: "..... it's clearance, once we get rid of it, it is gone. Clearance items and sale items are completely different things...."
Guest: "..... Oh...."

I still don't think he understood.

I don't think many people can read. The sign on Target Cafe clearly says 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM. Yet people will ask at 8:00 AM if they are open. Nobody there, lights off. What to you think? Same with the Pharmacy, or when they are on lunch. "Why do they need to take a lunch, I need them open when I am here on my lunch"
This is one of my biggest pet peeves....the signs CLEARLY say "PHARMACY CLOSED", yet we constantly get people who say "I just want to pick up" and will stand there and ARGUE with us when we try and explain that "BY LAW, we can't dispense medications while the pharmacist is at lunch"....and these are most often guests who are "regular" customers and KNOW when they go to lunch!

A guest was wanting to know if Target sold PSones today at my store. Well, the operator asked which probably makes it worse. You really have to be out of the loop if you ask a question like that. I wanted to respond on the walkie talkie with "yeah they are right by the Dreamcasts and Nintendo 64s and they are 200 a piece".

A guest was wanting to know if Target sold PSones today at my store. Well, the operator asked which probably makes it worse. You really have to be out of the loop if you ask a question like that. I wanted to respond on the walkie talkie with "yeah they are right by the Dreamcasts and Nintendo 64s and they are 200 a piece".

Just wait until you get someone asking for an Atari system.

Just wait until you get someone asking for an Atari system.

My girlfriend texted me while I was at work today and said that her mom asked her if Wal-Mart or Target still sold VHS tapes (not blank ones).

Asking about an Atari is reasonable because they might be talking about the updated retro kind that you plug into the back of your tv using the AV connections. The PSone question cracked me up.

I had someone ask for an 8 track player a couple years ago. And it was without any irony.

Someone wanted a 1 gig flashdrive for their kid to use at school during BTS time. I almost laughed & said "They don't make those anymore...at least not that I've seen" the electronics TL happened to walk by and said you can find them, but they're gonna be more expensive than just getting the 8 gig flashdrive that will be able to hold a few years worth of work. The mom didn't grasp what we were saying & just kept going on about how "It's just for school! I only need a 1 gig!!!" She eventually got an 8 but was so confused.

Someone wanted a 1 gig flashdrive for their kid to use at school during BTS time. I almost laughed & said "They don't make those anymore...at least not that I've seen" the electronics TL happened to walk by and said you can find them, but they're gonna be more expensive than just getting the 8 gig flashdrive that will be able to hold a few years worth of work. The mom didn't grasp what we were saying & just kept going on about how "It's just for school! I only need a 1 gig!!!" She eventually got an 8 but was so confused.

I deal with this kind of stupidity in Food Ave on a daily basis. You get the lower price for getting the medium size drink with the popcorn/hot dog/whatever, which you get a refill on, but you think that you're saving money by buying the smaller one. I JUST told you which you get the better deal on, and I'm the stupid one?

The PS One thing may have been them confusing it with XBox One which is a dumb ass name in my opinion. I still have an OG Xbox (not sure why I haven't gotten rid of it yet) and I was referring to it as an XBox 1 prior to the newest Xbox's release.

I used to always forget about those food ave combos. I get the medium cup now and just fill it half way-ish. I'm supposed to be lowering my intake of soda. Making the big one cheaper has given me an excuse not to, though. Plus fountain Dr Pepper tastes more magical for some reason

Guest: Why was my prescription more expensive when I picked it up at *Competitor* pharmacy than it was from you in January?
PharmTM: Ummm.....I don't know, you'd have to call THEM....
Guest: You mean you can't see their system?
PharmTM: Ummm.....no
Guest: Well, did you bill my insurance?
PharmTM: Yes, we've always billed X insurance
Guest: Well, did they?
PharmTM: I don't know, you'd have to either call your insurance or call *Competitor* pharmacy
Guest: Well, can you call them for me?
PharmTM: Ummmm....no.....
Guest: Well, can you just rebill them and refund me the difference?
PharmTM: Ummmm.....no, you'd have to talk to *Competitor* and see if they would be willing to price match, but they're no longer our prescriptions so the price you were charged or a refund isn't our responsibility
Guest: So there's nothing you can do for me?
PharmTM: Unless your doctor sends new prescriptions in, not at this point.
Guest: Well, thanks for nothing! *click*

I few days ago I had a guest come in looking at the Starbucks menu. She's like "uh can I have a number four." I just looked at her like okay? I didn't recall the board having numbers on it. I looked up and counted four down, and I'm like a "iced caramel macchiato?" And she's like yea. I really wanted to say, "would you like fries with that too??"

This is kinda related to Target. I went to the next door walmart after my closing shift to buy some milk (obviously in red and khaki) when this guy walks up to me and asks "hey can i ask you something? where is..." so i kindly interrupt and say "sorry i dont work here" The look on his face was priceless lmao
That happened to me before when I was at Walmart in red and khaki. The lady asked me where the shoe department was, and I'm like "I'm sorry I don't work here" and she's like "o, I just need help, do you know where it is anyways." Really? When a walmart employee was standing about an aisle away from us.

I recently had a guest step away from his party at a lane and come to Guest Services to ask me where the bathroom was. It was directly through his lane and about five feet to the left.

Today, I had a guest call from the parking lot and ask if someone could bring her prescription out to her. I explained that we couldn't because she had to A) sign for it and B) PAY for it. She wanted us to come out, get the $$, come back in, get the prescription, sign for it, then bring it back out. Ummmm.....no. We don't "deliver":rolleyes:

Today, I had a guest call from the parking lot and ask if someone could bring her prescription out to her. I explained that we couldn't because she had to A) sign for it and B) PAY for it. She wanted us to come out, get the $$, come back in, get the prescription, sign for it, then bring it back out. Ummmm.....no. We don't "deliver":rolleyes:
Erm.....isn't that a HIPPA violation or something?

Reminds me of the lady who'd call the store from the parking lot & demand we bring her one of the electric riding carts (even tho she wasn't really impaired, just overweight). At the end of her trip, she'd leave it in the next parking space (blocking a disabled spot) & switched on so it was usually dead when we retrieved it.
After while, the CA started bringing her the ones that were low-charge.

Erm.....isn't that a HIPPA violation or something?
No, HIPAA has to do with sharing personal information. There are just too many potential "issues" with us doing it (although we have on a couple of occasions when we have made an error, NEVER with this type of medication, though).

This is kinda related to Target. I went to the next door walmart after my closing shift to buy some milk (obviously in red and khaki) when this guy walks up to me and asks "hey can i ask you something? where is..." so i kindly interrupt and say "sorry i dont work here" The look on his face was priceless lmao
That happened to me before when I was at Walmart in red and khaki. The lady asked me where the shoe department was, and I'm like "I'm sorry I don't work here" and she's like "o, I just need help, do you know where it is anyways." Really? When a walmart employee was standing about an aisle away from us.

Something similar happened to me at the grocery store the other night...

I was approaching the checkouts with a case of beer in one hand, and a couple things in the other. As I joining a line (there was only two open at 11:30 at night and both were kinda long), a guy came up to me...

Him: "Excuse me, but YOU need to open more lanes NOW"

Me: "I don't work here."

Him: "But you are wearing a shirt with a logo on it! You really shouldn't do that because you are confusing the customers here that are trying to find people to help them!" (I should also mention he that he was wearing a RED POLO shirt too)

Me: "So just because I wore a red shirt into a grocery store automatically means I work here? I guess people may confuse you for an employee too!"

bullseyekindaguy said:
Something similar happened to me at the grocery store the other night...

I was approaching the checkouts with a case of beer in one hand, and a couple things in the other. As I joining a line (there was only two open at 11:30 at night and both were kinda long), a guy came up to me...

Him: "Excuse me, but YOU need to open more lanes NOW"

Me: "I don't work here."

Him: "But you are wearing a shirt with a logo on it! You really shouldn't do that because you are confusing the customers here that are trying to find people to help them!" (I should also mention he that he was wearing a RED POLO shirt too)

Me: "So just because I wore a red shirt into a grocery store automatically means I work here? I guess people may confuse you for an employee too!"

This is the kind of person who needs to be taught on how to make a bale from inside the baler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back