Archived Dumb questions from Guests......really..... you have to ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bullseyekindaguy said:
Something similar happened to me at the grocery store the other night...

I was approaching the checkouts with a case of beer in one hand, and a couple things in the other. As I joining a line (there was only two open at 11:30 at night and both were kinda long), a guy came up to me...

Him: "Excuse me, but YOU need to open more lanes NOW"

Me: "I don't work here."

Him: "But you are wearing a shirt with a logo on it! You really shouldn't do that because you are confusing the customers here that are trying to find people to help them!" (I should also mention he that he was wearing a RED POLO shirt too)

Me: "So just because I wore a red shirt into a grocery store automatically means I work here? I guess people may confuse you for an employee too!"

This is the kind of person who needs to be taught on how to make a bale from inside the baler.

Can't we just Red Toss him instead? :D

Told by our HLs TL last night: A guest asked her if we sold lawn mowers (uh, no) and then another asked her where the washing machines were. She said she wanted to tell them they were back by the refrigerators.

Today, I had a guest call from the parking lot and ask if someone could bring her prescription out to her. I explained that we couldn't because she had to A) sign for it and B) PAY for it. She wanted us to come out, get the $$, come back in, get the prescription, sign for it, then bring it back out. Ummmm.....no. We don't "deliver":rolleyes:
Erm.....isn't that a HIPPA violation or something?

Reminds me of the lady who'd call the store from the parking lot & demand we bring her one of the electric riding carts (even tho she wasn't really impaired, just overweight). At the end of her trip, she'd leave it in the next parking space (blocking a disabled spot) & switched on so it was usually dead when we retrieved it.
After while, the CA started bringing her the ones that were low-charge.
Today, I had a guest call from the parking lot and ask if someone could bring her prescription out to her. I explained that we couldn't because she had to A) sign for it and B) PAY for it. She wanted us to come out, get the $$, come back in, get the prescription, sign for it, then bring it back out. Ummmm.....no. We don't "deliver":rolleyes:

At my RX, we have one guest that we do this for. She parks right in front of the doors, and she gets the same 3 meds every month and pays cash, so we bring her the meds and she hands us the cash. We fax her register receipt to her. She's a paraplegic and used to be a pharmacist herself.

Told by our HLs TL last night: A guest asked her if we sold lawn mowers (uh, no) and then another asked her where the washing machines were. She said she wanted to tell them they were back by the refrigerators.

Geeze. Walmart doesn't even sell those things. Why not just go to Home Depot or Lowes. I don't understand this.

Erm.....isn't that a HIPPA violation or something?

Reminds me of the lady who'd call the store from the parking lot & demand we bring her one of the electric riding carts (even tho she wasn't really impaired, just overweight). At the end of her trip, she'd leave it in the next parking space (blocking a disabled spot) & switched on so it was usually dead when we retrieved it.
After while, the CA started bringing her the ones that were low-charge.

At my RX, we have one guest that we do this for. She parks right in front of the doors, and she gets the same 3 meds every month and pays cash, so we bring her the meds and she hands us the cash. We fax her register receipt to her. She's a paraplegic and used to be a pharmacist herself.
That I could understand....and in a case like that, I'd probably consider it, but this person was perfectly capable, just lazy and entitled.

Geeze. Walmart doesn't even sell those things. Why not just go to Home Depot or Lowes. I don't understand this.

I just direct people to the Sears down the road.

Guest waits for me to finish ringing someone else out at the register at 8:45 tonight, all gates are up, pharmacist is about 2' away from me speaking to another guest....asks, "Are you still open?"

Guest waits for me to finish ringing someone else out at the register at 8:45 tonight, all gates are up, pharmacist is about 2' away from me speaking to another guest....asks, "Are you still open?"
I had a guest call yesterday, listened to the entire spiel about our hours, hit zero to talk to me, merely to ask if we were open. No...they pay me to come in and answer the phone when we are closed. Oy.

I had a guest call yesterday, listened to the entire spiel about our hours, hit zero to talk to me, merely to ask if we were open. No...they pay me to come in and answer the phone when we are closed. Oy.
We will have guests who will put their Rx numbers in the automated system, then push 0 to talk to us to give us the number, "just in case", or to find out when it's going to be ready. If they just listen to the stupid "robot", it TELLS them!

1.) I was at Guest Service, a guest came in and asked: "Do you guys sell any cold soft drinks here?" "Um yeah sir, we do. We have coolers at the check lanes over there (point), we also sell cold drinks at Food Ave and Starbucks over there and there (pointing)..." What store in this country, particularly one of our size does not sell cold drinks??
2.) Again, I was doing Guest Service/Photo: "I don't like the way these pictures turned out, they're all fuzzy." "No problem, we just won't charge you for them, and we'll shred those for you." "Oh thanks, well since you're going to shred them anyway, can we just have them?" "Mam, if you want them, I can give them to you, but you'll have to pay for them." This guest actually got very mad at me and said I was rude because I was going to shred them and not just give them to her. It was a younger 20 something that took a bunch of pictures partying with friends and they were all blurry because she couldn't hold her cell phone still taking the damn pictures.
3.) I was at the check lanes and a guest asked me how much something was. I did an inquiry. She saw the sale price, then looked at the return without a receipt price on the screen. She asked why the return without receipt price was less, and I explained that it was on sale at one point, and it was what would be the amount returned if they didn't have a valid receipt. "Can I have the sale price?" "Mam, it's not on sale now.....it was at one point, but it isn't now." "How come?" *Face palm

I get "Uhh, where is the restroom?" when they're standing right in front of the huge sign that says "RESTROOM." It's really hard to seriously answer them without sounding like a smartass.
We get people who ask that and when we tell them where they are, they say "don't you have one back there (or closer) I can use?" No, we don't even have one in the pharmacy WE can use and if it was IN the pharmacy, we sure as hell couldn't let a GUEST "back here" to use it!

Ours has one next to the pharmacy as well as the ones at the front of the store.

I had a guest who asked if we sold some large appliance recently too. I don't remember what it was.

When we will be sold out of a product and while looking in the PDA to see if other Targets have it they will ask "Oh what about Best Buy or Wal Mart?" My response is I don't know you will have to call them to find out. "Well can't your computer just tell me?"

3.) I was at the check lanes and a guest asked me how much something was. I did an inquiry. She saw the sale price, then looked at the return without a receipt price on the screen. She asked why the return without receipt price was less, and I explained that it was on sale at one point, and it was what would be the amount returned if they didn't have a valid receipt. "Can I have the sale price?" "Mam, it's not on sale now.....it was at one point, but it isn't now." "How come?" *Face palm

This is why I try my best to have the monitor facing as far from the guest as possible. Gets them confused, and they get angry when they're confused.

This is why I try my best to have the monitor facing as far from the guest as possible. Gets them confused, and they get angry when they're confused.

Yeah I'm very careful to keep the GS registers pointing straight at me unless I turn it to show them something (usually something they don't like and don't believe me when I say it...yeah target really pays me to lie so I can keep all your money for myself :mad: )

Yeah I'm very careful to keep the GS registers pointing straight at me unless I turn it to show them something (usually something they don't like and don't believe me when I say it...yeah target really pays me to lie so I can keep all your money for myself :mad: )
And then you get the ones who lean across the counter to see it when it's NOT turned....

And then you get the ones who lean across the counter to see it when it's NOT turned....

I've always hated that. I don't go in your space, so stay out of mine!

I've never had a guest do that, thankfully.
We get it ALL THE TIME in pharmacy, usually not at the register, but when we're working on the computer at the "receive" window. The computer monitor is angled and they will lean in to see what we are typing and it's annoying as hell! We can't turn the monitor completely or there wouldn't be much room to actually work on the counter at the window :(

Dumb question of the day: what did you do to my bank? I have money so my check has to go through. What did you do to my money?

Backstory: I rang up a woman in her mid fifties for a $400 sale. She proceeds to write a check and as I put it through the machine a notice pops up on the screen that we can't accept the check.
She flips out and accuses me of stealing her money. I call over my GSTL and she explains that I don't have anything to do with the bank, that she will need to call her bank.
She flips out and starts very loudly accusing me and my GSTL of robbing her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back