Archived Dumb questions from Guests......really..... you have to ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spotsfly....I really like your "Bullseye" picture.

The photo lab is totally dark, and there's no one in or around it.

Guest: "Is there anyone working at the photo lab?"

*facepalm

I may have posted this one before, but here goes anyway....

Guest walks up to the counter and asks for her prescription. I check the bins and we have nothing. I look in the computer, & we have nothing. She tells me "well, he might have sent it to Walgreens or Walmart....or maybe CVS, can you check in the computer and see where it is?" Uummmm.....you ARE aware we don't all share one system, right???? smh

When the lights are turned off at food avenue, guest says "are you open" and then says "can I get a slushee refill". If the lights are off, that's a universal signal for being closed. It's a shame that Target doesn't believe in signs because it would really be helpful. If food avenue is closed, why can't there be a little place marker that says " closed"? Will someone die if they read that?

When the lights are turned off at food avenue, guest says "are you open" and then says "can I get a slushee refill". If the lights are off, that's a universal signal for being closed. It's a shame that Target doesn't believe in signs because it would really be helpful. If food avenue is closed, why can't there be a little place marker that says " closed"? Will someone die if they read that?

We have a sign at my store, though it may have been made in-store (probably on Microsoft Word). But even if there's a sign, there's no guarantee that guests can be bothered to read it.

We have a sign at my store, though it may have been made in-store (probably on Microsoft Word). But even if there's a sign, there's no guarantee that guests can be bothered to read it.
If there's a sign, I can guarantee they won't read it, and even if they do, they don't seem to comprehend "CLOSED"....we have signs at the pharmacy that say "Pharmacy is closed" that go up when the pharmacist is on lunch and people will look at us and say "Are you open? Can I pick up?" NOOOO!!! THAT'S WHAT CLOSED MEANS!!!!

If there's a sign, I can guarantee they won't read it, and even if they do, they don't seem to comprehend "CLOSED"....we have signs at the pharmacy that say "Pharmacy is closed" that go up when the pharmacist is on lunch and people will look at us and say "Are you open? Can I pick up?" NOOOO!!! THAT'S WHAT CLOSED MEANS!!!!

If it's after pharmacy closing or during their lunch, I always make the point to walk the guest over to the sign that says the hours and tell them the result. It probably does nothing for the guest but it makes me feel better.

A question I got from a guest this weekend:

Guest: Do you guys sell alcohol?
Me: Yes, it's in the back of the grocery section, right before the frozen foods
Guest: Can I buy alcohol with my EBT card here?
::blank stare::
Me: Um. No. I'm pretty sure you can't do that anywhere.

Guest comes over to Guest Service and then gestures over to the darkened, yet clearly labeled, Photo Lab.

"Is the customer service open?"

*Facepalm

I love when you are dressed in red and khaki have a name badge on and a guess still asks....do you work here?

In my first Target we had a closed sign that was put up as I turned off the lights. I'd still get guests asking if I was closed. I'd just say "yes we open tomorrow at 9 AM". These are the same people who will look at the out of order sign on the popcorn and say "So I can't get any popcorn then?" I would just say sorry it's out of order, but in my head I'd say "No, I just didn't feel like making any today." My all time favourite is when is be cleaning the hot dog grill and someone would ask if they can get a hot dog, I'd point at the closed sign and they'd still ask if they can get a pop. People can be crazy.

Last edited:
Our espresso machine was down a couple months back. We had a sign at the register, paper taped over the espresso menu board but still had these ditzes walk up & order a latte.
I had a little fun when they'd come up & ask for a latte & I'd say "No". They'd get this look like "Wait, what?!" & I'd point to the sign. They'd let it sink in some then ask if they could get it iced instead.
*sounds of head banging on the counter*

my personal favorite is "is it safe to swipe my card?" I always with a cheery voice say yes it is, the problem was solved. but in my mind I want to say to them "if you are that scared of getting your card info stole then use cash! why the fuck would you use a credit card if you are that scared?!"

Last edited:

I think people who get cash (cash as in not specifically for food, but it's on the card) in addition to snap benefits may be able to. You can't with snap, though. According to target's pin pad, ebt probably refers to the cash side. I occasionally have $1 on cash lol, but my store doesn't sell lq, so I can't test it out.

As I was walking up for backup, I heard the TL telling guests that 6 was gonna open and they all opted to stay in her line. I was only two feet away. I'm guessing that since they didn't notice me walking over that they assumed I'd be slow. Well, when I get there, they ask "are you opening?" "Yes. She just said that..."

Also, when you go up for backup and turn on your light and start logging into the register, they ask "are you opened?" No. My light is on because I wanted to brighten up the place. Ugh. Then they all line up when your light is off.

There are a lot of places that don't put the instructions on the screen. Spot does. And the number of people who don't understand the question, "do you want it all on the card?"continues to amaze me.
Our store just got the new card readers the other day and I had a guest say "It's nice that they put instructions on the screen now. I was bad and said that they did on the old one as well. She insisted that they weren't on the old one. I just gave up. The new card readers have them in bold in the middle of the screen as opposed to the bottom. It's nicer because the keypad is actual buttons so you don't have the problem of the numbers not keying in. They are a lot nicer all together.

Lol surprised me the amount of knowledge guests lacked when I worked in electronics, guess that's what I was hired for to answer there questions. Only thing worse was when a coworker failed to know these things or sold products based on a lie. ._.
:cringe:

I think people who get cash (cash as in not specifically for food, but it's on the card) in addition to snap benefits may be able to. You can't with snap, though. According to target's pin pad, ebt probably refers to the cash side. I occasionally have $1 on cash lol, but my store doesn't sell lq, so I can't test it out.

As I was walking up for backup, I heard the TL telling guests that 6 was gonna open and they all opted to stay in her line. I was only two feet away. I'm guessing that since they didn't notice me walking over that they assumed I'd be slow. Well, when I get there, they ask "are you opening?" "Yes. She just said that..."

Also, when you go up for backup and turn on your light and start logging into the register, they ask "are you opened?" No. My light is on because I wanted to brighten up the place. Ugh. Then they all line up when your light is off.

Oh, I didn't even think about Cash! I've been a cashier for a year and a half and haven't had a single guest use EBT Cash. I'm guessing it must not be common in my state.

I LOVE when I'm standing at the end of my lane with my light on and a guest asks if I'm open. Why else would I be standing here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back