Archived Easter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, maybe I'm just remembering wrong but, were we or were we not closed for Easter last year? Because apparently, we are not closed this year. Am I just losing my memory?

we are closed this year at least it says so in any communication that I have read.

This thread is about to become interesting? Greatteam, where did you hear we were open? I haven't heard either, so now I'm curious.....

i'm pretty sure we're not open. I covered some breaks in TSC today and saw some schedules for that week and they all said "closed" on sunday.

My store is closed.
Some folks will be working but the store will be closed.
Now if we could just be closed on Yom Kipper.

I'm fairly certain my store is closed on Easter. It'll be my first day off from both jobs since Presidents' Day.

I just went on to check my pay statements, and it had the list of holidays and the only ones that said they were recognized and store closed was Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Last edited:
No Easter this year Obama said it offends other religion's so he had a SEAL Team take Bugs out --

easteriscancelled-2.jpg

I just went on to check my pay statements, and it had the list of holidays and the only ones that said they were recognized and store closed was Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I've never seen that list on eHR, but Easter isn't a paid holiday (so, if you were to work it, you wouldn't get time and a half), so maybe that's why it wasn't on that list. As always, I'm sure the law varies by state, blah blah blah.

Oh and BTW, SomeBodysSlave, say what you will about Target, but please, no more pictures of dead bunnies!

Last edited:
As it was explained to me Christmas and Thanksgiving are not considered religious holidays so we get paid for those even though we're closed. Easter is considered a religious holiday so we don't get paid for it but we are closed.

We are closed for Easter, end of story. I got my clings for the store entrance that say we're closed for Easter. We were also closed last year. Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas day are the three days Target is not open. At least for now.

I saw the schedule on MAX this afternoon. Easter = CLOSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back