Follow it this way using Internet Explorer 7 and above:
- Go to Target.com.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Team Member Services".
- Right click the "eHR" button and choose "Open Link in New Tab".
- Log in like normal. You'll likely get an error, it's fine but don't close anything yet.
- Go back to the first tab and right click the "eHR" button again to choose "Open Link in New Tab".
- The new tab should prompt for security approval, agree to it.
- You can now close previous tabs and use as normal.
This has worked for me and those I have told.
What version of IE are you all using (those that can access ehr from home?) im using IE 9 and it doesnt work
i have *recently* successfully used IE9 to get on eHR at home, but I just tried and it didn't work. I didn't bother trying any of the workarounds posted. This is probably temporary, because like I said, I've been able to use it as normal without a problem.
My biggest pet peeve with eHR is that you can't hit the Enter key on the sign-on page...you have to manually click the sign on button. GROSS!!!!