Electronic transition

How is everyone electronic transition going so far?

It's going okay for us. But I do have a question regarding those 4 Samsung/Fossil watch white metal displays. Did we get new ones for this set? I tossed them out because the old one show not located and didn't match the DPCI on the plano. But apparently BDS said we were not suppose to throw them out. Did I fuck up?

We started the transition yesterday. Haven't gotten to that aisle yet, but what I do with any of the displays is hold them and confirm with BDS if its ok to toss.

Ah I figured it must have been transitioning. I had so many signs this week that the locations didnt match up. I am guessing they pre tied everything to satisfy some reports and are doing the actual work later... Made putting up signs a pain in the butt

Our BDS is drowning in work since they are not allotting enough time/work to be done in a visit. For us besides the extra lockup cases that we are missing we are 90% done including all signage.

We set both Phone Accessories aisles today. Full 16’ section that’s completely empty where iPhone 12 cases will go but we haven’t received any yet. Also we’re missing 5(!) locking cases. Unlocked Phones is just empty space.

We set both Phone Accessories aisles today. Full 16’ section that’s completely empty where iPhone 12 cases will go but we haven’t received any yet. Also we’re missing 5(!) locking cases. Unlocked Phones is just empty space.
How are you missing lockup cases ? Some of them are just going away .

Locking case won't arrive for another 1-2 weeks. But I think it says only 1 or 2 will be sent.

How are you missing lockup cases ? Some of them are just going away .
Must be a difference in stores. Our laptops are expanding to 4 sections in a 24' aisle. We're short one there and POG says to spiderwrap the rest of them but that's not going to happen. Also Unlocked Phones is now 2 sections both calling for lockboxes. Should also note that our tablets and Nest routers are staying locked up despite the transition notes saying they'd be removed.
Locking case won't arrive for another 1-2 weeks. But I think it says only 1 or 2 will be sent.
I saw and even then I'll be short. Gonna have to wing it for awhile until we can get more I guess. 🤷‍♂️

Should also note that our tablets and Nest routers are staying locked up despite the transition notes saying they'd be removed.
That’s what I’m saying tho you spider wrap those and use that lock up . That’s what I had my team do . But then again I also have extra lockup at the off-site if I needed . But The team Fallowed The notes so they didn’t have a problem.

That’s what I’m saying tho you spider wrap those and use that lock up . That’s what I had my team do . But then again I also have extra lockup at the off-site if I needed . But The team Fallowed The notes so they didn’t have a problem.
Sorry what I mean to say is that despite the corporate transition notes on workbench saying that tablets will be moving to keepers our POG still shows lockup. We’re a metro area, high theft store so I’m sure we’re a little different.

Attachments

• 27C61A28-5288-4DA4-B1C8-28C1850A6070.jpeg
    27C61A28-5288-4DA4-B1C8-28C1850A6070.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 32
Anyone else having issues getting all the TVs to turn on after last weeks revision?
If your TVs aren't turning on, there's a lot of things to check actually.

1: this may seem obvious but, half the time its the issue, make sure the power cord isn't loose or barely plugged in on any of them

2: there's an issue with power going to the outlet that the TV's are connected to, which your PML will have to look at if someone messed with wiring but resetting it yourself is as easy as unplugging the power strip or turning it off. Plug is in the wall

3: make sure you're pressing the physical power button on each tv. Trust me.

4: if none of that works try taking the tv down and plugging it into a random outlet spot and see if it turns on. If it does, well then your wall is fucked. If it doesn't, tv likely is done and you just replace it.

@rog the dog thanks! Will try. Everyone at my store just seems to accept that the wall looks terrible! They've pointed out those black boxes and told me if there's no light on the box is faulty? I wanted to make an attempt myself before I try to put in a myhelp or use the chatbox.

Hey all,
KEEP blue Playstion backer paper or take down ?
Note: POG says change to a BP that we do not have.
Is your store like mine and has blue WiFi backer paper in some sections but the PlayStation brand stuff in others? Some PS/SIE brand manager came to our store back in February and told us about it but I don’t think it ever got ordered. I’d order it again but I don’t know if it’ll still be brand in a few months.

Is your store like mine and has blue WiFi backer paper in some sections but the PlayStation brand stuff in others? Some PS/SIE brand manager came to our store back in February and told us about it but I don’t think it ever got ordered. I’d order it again but I don’t know if it’ll still be brand in a few months.

The wifi version was discontinued a few years ago for a solid blue backer. I think I'm going to keep it the same if it calls for black.

worst transition notes I've seen, mentioning it to the GM plano lead, "now you know how I feel" I'm not sure if this is cause of covid or what, but the transition notes did nothing to prepare for what obstacles you'd come upon. laptops and computer accessories and keeping phone accessories unavailable to tie until 3 days to the set week, speakers calling for lock up cases that DON'T fit in lock up cases; good lord, and yes phone cases are light especially in Iphone12, but we have so many discontinued/NOP currently it's an headache. Having our district push to get ahead, we only started last Monday and now it's been almost 2 weeks, finally today mostly done, except all the damn BDS displays that we can't/won't wait 3 months for those dumbasses to complete, so bam, more to worry/get done....

Back