Archived Electronics Binder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys! So one of our Hardlines TLs (the one in charge of electronics) left the company recently, and our Hardlines ETL has been looking to me to help keep our electronics team in order and help drive AAR. I'm trying to do everything in my power to do a great job since I see this as a great opportunity to really demonstrate my leadership skills and help innovate a few things for the team.

One of my first minor innovation attempts is going to be reorganize the tracking binder we keep in electronics. As it is right now, our binder has always been horribly unorganized and a couple of the electronics team members don't even use it. I want to find a convenient organization system that'll make things easier to use and navigate to hopefully help sway the entire team into utilizing it a little better.

My question is this - for all you Hardlines TLs or other electronics team members: How do you format and organize your binders?

My binder goes (from first to last), important things that need to be done,what's included under eligible items, tracking sheets (current week first then previous weeks), weekly AAR, Service Scores, Next Week's Ad, Electronics Champion Knowledge, and we keep extra tracking sheets in the front pocket.

At my store, we write on the posted grid copy at electronics. Binders were ineffective.

Good to know! Thanks for sharing.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is a posted grid copy? :p

the grid is a copy of that day's schedule with everyones posted workcenter. we do the same thing at my store; LOD notes are written on them. we don't use the binder in my electronics center, either. it's one of those things where too many TL's and TM's don't exactly pay attention to something like that and is just ignored on a day to day basis. sounds bad, but i'm sure this applies to many other stores.

Our store has had luck with a binder. Mostly we use it to keep track of AAR. There's a table with rows for everyone's name then columns for various items (TVs, tablets, etc) and then a column for attachments for each item, then also columns for service plans and RedCards. The binder has different tabs for each month and we use a new sheet every day. Everyone uses it every day, except sometimes people just covering breaks don't use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back