Archived Electronics transition 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have TVs with shelves and it's asking for 4 rows of TVs for the first 2 sections (1 base deck, 3 shelves each section). There's no way I can fit that many TVs. What gives?

32 inch tvs should fit there.
Not sure what you mean by that. It's asking me to put the highest shelf 9 ft (the gondola doesn't even go that high) from the ground and expect me to put a display on it as well.

Last edited:
3m magnetic tape seems to work to OK. It's with the tape stuff in stationary.
I think I've got two partial rolls of that in my desk right now. Plus a couple partial packs of command repositionable squares. I wish sap had command strips and mounting squares. The double sided foam ones are annoying to cut apart.

Screw magnets. Protip:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
This is a 4' adhesive label strip holder. Use it to hold your sign holders.
image.jpeg
That last image shows a piece of plastic that attaches to the back of the sign holder. It makes the sign holder more rigid and less likely to fall off. The number on it is 1119263. I don't know what it's called though.

Does anyone have a contractor coming in to install HDMI? At our store they'll be coming in after we set the TV wall. What's going to be the point of setting the backwall if they're just going to bring all the TVs down?

So I have TVs with shelves and it's asking for 4 rows of TVs for the first 2 sections (1 base deck, 3 shelves each section). There's no way I can fit that many TVs. What gives?
They may want them slanted they did that to us last time. And they want them to be sitting angled in

Not sure what you mean by that. It's asking me to put the highest shelf 9 ft (the gondola doesn't even go that high) from the ground and expect me to put a display on it as well.
Is it above your displays? If so its supposed to be a dual tag tv it's in the transition manual

Screw magnets. Protip:
View attachment 2156
View attachment 2157
View attachment 2155
This is a 4' adhesive label strip holder. Use it to hold your sign holders.
View attachment 2158
That last image shows a piece of plastic that attaches to the back of the sign holder. It makes the sign holder more rigid and less likely to fall off. The number on it is 1119263. I don't know what it's called though.
I like it, but we have a ton of the sign holders that go on the TV wall to switch to the ones you use. Maybe I'll think of something...

How long is this taking everyone? My pmt and I just put a full shift into it and I feel like we're only a little more than halfway done.

How long is this taking everyone? My pmt and I just put a full shift into it and I feel like we're only a little more than halfway done.
I spent about 6 hours today, along with the electronics TM on duty. We set the first 5 sections completely. And I have 2 TVs set in section 7. So, figured about an hour a section at that rate. This isn't my first TV Wall Rodeo though. So, I sorta knew a little bit of what was coming and was prepared well for it. Tomorrow, I'll have the PMT to help me with the larger TVs from section 9 on. I'll set Samsung section 8 last, since that gets the special Curved TV and I just don't feel like messing with the soundbar display until the rest of the TV wall is done.
From the beginning:
IMG_3269.JPG
Section 7 to 1.
IMG_3268.JPG
Sections 3-6.
IMG_3271.JPG

I like it, but we have a ton of the sign holders that go on the TV wall to switch to the ones you use. Maybe I'll think of something...
We switched to the adhesive label strip and corresponding sign holders during the last TV Wall transition. It's worth it, those sign holders DON'T fall down. The magnetic ones are a royal pain, and would constantly fall down. At one point, someone tried using velcro and command strips. They just got dirty (dust filled) and would loose their grippiness.

I spent about 6 hours working on the TV wall today. I moved every TV to where they should be and removed the TVs that are NCF.

Out of 30 TVs on the new planogram, we have 17 holes that need their respective TVs installed. Some are new, but most should have gone up with the last transition or its following revisions and just never made it.

We switched to the adhesive label strip and corresponding sign holders during the last TV Wall transition. It's worth it, those sign holders DON'T fall down. The magnetic ones are a royal pain, and would constantly fall down. At one point, someone tried using velcro and command strips. They just got dirty (dust filled) and would loose their grippiness.
Our store rips down the ones that side into label strips. Like all the time. I have a spare case of each type for this very reason...

Does anyone else find it hysterical that they have been using the same system for these stupid signs and still can't get them to work? Like just make a sign holder that has a u channel like the damn tv brackets that hold on to the bar.

Does anyone else find it hysterical that they have been using the same system for these stupid signs and still can't get them to work? Like just make a sign holder that has a u channel like the damn tv brackets that hold on to the bar.
Like the overly elaborate headers in toys. Seriously, that's genius. Have a 4"x11" dedicated sign holder for the price/sale signs.

Ours last week took two full days. Usually takes than anyway for us.

I spent about 6 hours working on the TV wall today. I moved every TV to where they should be and removed the TVs that are NCF.

Out of 30 TVs on the new planogram, we have 17 holes that need their respective TVs installed. Some are new, but most should have gone up with the last transition or its following revisions and just never made it.
We had 13, very close.

My PMT suggested this and I wanted to cry because I loved that idea!

All set over here. 2 days to get it done.

We have to mount the new tvs for the right half, but the left half is done and all the carry forward tvs are in the right place on the whole wall.

Disaster though......

The curved Samsung has a black line across the screen. :(

We still have 6 old displays for sale, just no buyers.

Does anyone have a contractor coming in to install HDMI? At our store they'll be coming in after we set the TV wall. What's going to be the point of setting the backwall if they're just going to bring all the TVs down?
I was just informed today the contractors will be coming in at the end of the month for my store. All my hard work today and I will have to redo it after they leave.

Doing our wall tomorrow, 3 team members. Now I see the wreck it is going to be. Well atleast I know what to expect and will lay out 2 task we can do side by side with current and the future TVs.

We used the plastic velcro stickies on our signs the last major reset.

One thing I am curious about is the mention of the contractor for an hdmi drop? I am aware of NO hdmi splitter packages that can handle 10 let alone upwards of 30 HDMI outputs. You would probably be able to run several splitters in parallel, but such a setup would cost several thousands of dollars.

... would be pretty insane if they went with hdmi android sticks (think the new roku stick capable of 4k) wired into a local gigabit network just for the TVs. -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back