Archived Electronics transition 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the end of May my store has an electronics transition coming up. Fairly large moves (cameras move to opposite side of department for one). The TV Wall will have Curved TVs too. There's a few other changes, but they allude my memory right now.

Our electronics department is a sea of clearance tickets. This week I'm scheduled a whooping 16 hrs on presentation (half of which are for TNT). Why doesn't this company plan hours better and space out these big transitions over a larger time span, than all at once in ONE week?! Seriously, it's feast or famine hours wise, and when it's feast, it's work as hard as you can in a 40 hour time period to get 300 hours of changes set.

Yay. I go through my stores transition and then E&E remodel at another in June. I'm going to be so sick of electronics by then.

jesus that's like the third huge transition recently.

first healthcare with all the pushers

then the market and frozen

now this
Result of 2 years of "larger revisions" instead of normal transitions. o_O

Does anyone seem to have a small amount of hours for their set. I'm a super without the new remodel and I have everything moving and only 116 hours for it. It seems impossible.

Does anyone seem to have a small amount of hours for their set. I'm a super without the new remodel and I have everything moving and only 116 hours for it. It seems impossible.

I forget the exact number maybe 140? It seems kind of low with all the stuff that has to be moved around.

Wait what?! What cabels?!
The coaxial cables and cable bars are being removed from the TV wall and are to be replaced with HDMI cables. A third-party vendor is to come in and install 2-3 HDMI hubs to be used for Channel Red service.

I do not know if Channel Red will be broadcasted at 1920x1080, but at least the potential will be there.

Last edited:
Target Mobile is going bye bye at our store as well. But I'm excited to see what new things they add and change around.

The coaxial cables and cable bars are being removed from the TV wall and are to be replaced with HDMI cables. A third-party vendor is to come in and install 2-3 HDMI hubs to be used for Channel Red service.

I do not know if Channel Red will be broadcasted at 1920x1080, but at least the potential will be there.

I was reading the TV Wall Update (not to be confused with the TV Wall Transition) and it didn't mention anything about HDMI hubs/cables or that the coaxial was being removed. It did say there would be USB sticks installed by both the PMT and outside vendors. Is your store's information available on workbench? I'm in a low-volume store (not sure what letter-level), but I do currently have the Samsung call-out section and several 4K HDTVs that we've uploaded our own 4K videos to since we couldn't hook them up to the coaxial signal. I really just want to know what's happening and nobody in my store seems to know.

Asked my ETL about mobile and she doesn't know the answer

I need to know

I didn't see anything about the TVs either. We started on the TV transition early today and finishing up tomorrow. It's pretty empty right now. Adding about 14 TVs.

@PogDog I read that all stores were getting switched to HDMI. Also the guys who did our wall said all Target's would have it done by July. You'll get a Redwire and the company will call the store before.

This looks horrible. Everything moves at my store and we have only 116 as well. I don't see how we can do all that moving with those hours. Not to mention the moves don't just flip flop with one another so I don't know with the way we have the schedule done that we will be able to set eveything needed without leaving empty sections. We keep our target mobile.

The only good thing is that we have been having smaller trucks so today we were able to break some people off to start setting mini and bullseyes playground for next week. My team only works 2 days this week so the bulk of their time is doing TNT. Thankfully we got everything else set last week for this week otherwise we would be in trouble.

I really wish that they could space this out better. 2 weeks with no hours 2 weeks with 209 hours back to no hours and then this huge set. :eek:

@PogDog I read that all stores were getting switched to HDMI. Also the guys who did our wall said all Target's would have it done by July. You'll get a Redwire and the company will call the store before.
Ah, so there's a special company and everything. Cool. Guess I'll just go ahead with the transition and assume everything will happen in July.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back