Archived Electronics transition 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had the E&E remodel about a year ago, they switched out peg hooks for a white bar with pegs. Now many aisles go back to just pegs. Anyone else experince this?

Yep, kind of annoying. The white bars and pegs are easier to deal with imo. Only real downside is the label holders come off of the pegs too easily.

Drone planogram: I don't know if any of you tried putting on the Parrot fixture on section one of the pog but it is really doesn't look nice when you put it on a shelf then place the shelf right above the lockbox (there is a gap about 1/2inch). I decided to mount the Parrot graphic directly to the holes on top of the lockbox. Looks better with no gap and easier to secure pushing down from inside of the box.

Drone planogram: I don't know if any of you tried putting on the Parrot fixture on section one of the pog but it is really doesn't look nice when you put it on a shelf then place the shelf right above the lockbox (there is a gap about 1/2inch). I decided to mount the Parrot graphic directly to the holes on top of the lockbox. Looks better with no gap and easier to secure pushing down from inside of the box.
That's what I did.

The coaxial cables and cable bars are being removed from the TV wall and are to be replaced with HDMI cables. A third-party vendor is to come in and install 2-3 HDMI hubs to be used for Channel Red service.

I do not know if Channel Red will be broadcasted at 1920x1080, but at least the potential will be there.
Yep it is. My fun will be watching the tiny POG TL asking one of us to help post up the new 4k 70in tvs on the wall.

I HATE LOCK BOXES. That is all.

Plus we lost a core somewhere. Wtf?

Going to have a serous talk with leadership above the pptl about this cluster fuck. Pog all fucking week, cause pptl worked this weekend and is off most of next. So finish other people's pogs, work by yourself, find all the crap. While our leader leaves early, isn't there, or is helping pricing/ doing not pog. Argh.

I HATE LOCK BOXES. That is all.

Plus we lost a core somewhere. Wtf?

Going to have a serous talk with leadership above the pptl about this cluster fuck. Pog all fucking week, cause pptl worked this weekend and is off most of next. So finish other people's pogs, work by yourself, find all the crap. While our leader leaves early, isn't there, or is helping pricing/ doing not pog. Argh.
That sucks. When our previous pog TL stepped down to do signage (signage guy who had been there 20 yrs had heart attack and retired). STL promoted a women who is 4'11. She works hard but she always complains about those. Griped at me because I asked her if she needed help moving one onto a flat.

That sucks. When our previous pog TL stepped down to do signage (signage guy who had been there 20 yrs had heart attack and retired). STL promoted a women who is 4'11. She works hard but she always complains about those. Griped at me because I asked her if she needed help moving one onto a flat.
Its a team lift item, both by weight and length I imagine. My pmt is over 6ft of hockey playing awesomeness and he asks for help.

I'm just tired of taking them on and off, swapping them, removing the top display for laptops (busted up my knuckles doing that), moving them to other aisles, but being short at the end of the day. Pptl knew since last week but didn't mysupport it til today, hopefully.

Its a team lift item, both by weight and length I imagine. My pmt is over 6ft of hockey playing awesomeness and he asks for help.

I'm just tired of taking them on and off, swapping them, removing the top display for laptops (busted up my knuckles doing that), moving them to other aisles, but being short at the end of the day. Pptl knew since last week but didn't mysupport it til today, hopefully.
Yes, she does. She doesn't like me because I 'annoy' her with my talk about basketball. #thunderup

Lesson of the day: sonos upside down is still sonos. Thank God for barcode on bottom of graphics.

So I came in today and the TV wall was back to black-guessing that yesterday's DTL visit helped speed the process along. Started the tv wall transition today, got halfway done except I don't have nearly enough of the long fact tag holders, need to order more. Curved TV fit rather well after we took half of the Samsung soundbar display off per the nice map corporate made.

I don't like where they placed the headphones. It's further away from the boat and to see the other half of headphones you got to walk around to the next aisle. WTF
Headphones got moved pretty damn far from me, I can't see any at all.

I actually kind of hate having the expensive locked up shit super far from the boat where I can't keep a close eye on it.

Whoever thought cramming a whole damn weeks worth of work into 2 & 1/2 days is OUT OF THEIR DAMN MINDS! Why? WHY?? why???? And seriously why do you want a 3x5 but won't let me print it?
I really like the look, but let's see how long it lasts. The last time they changed things, they changed it back to black shortly there after.

Whoever thought cramming a whole damn weeks worth of work into 2 & 1/2 days is OUT OF THEIR DAMN MINDS! Why? WHY?? why???? And seriously why do you want a 3x5 but won't let me print it?
I really like the look, but let's see how long it lasts. The last time they changed things, they changed it back to black shortly there after.

We have had white backer paper on all of our carpeted aisles since we got the E & E remodel, but all the rest was black. I like the visual impact created by having the department all one color. In the same vein, the myDevices wouldn't let me print a 4x11 for the TV wall, so I had to print 7x11 and cut away everything but the price until tomorrow when hopefully I can print my damn 4x11s and if the Lord of Light has shined upon me, the PPTL will have found the rest of the long fact tag holders.

Headphones got moved pretty damn far from me, I can't see any at all.

I actually kind of hate having the expensive locked up shit super far from the boat where I can't keep a close eye on it.
Mine didn't move. They are on the other side of the apple aisle though, so full height aisle. Tablets are the last aisle before entertainment...bleh.

Do you guys stand around at the boat or something?

This. I'm jealous of all these electronics TMs who actually get to be in electronics. At my store, we're written up (not just redirected, a full on pull you in the office sign this paper write up) if we're doing electronics push or strays (helping guests is an exception) and there's a pull or stray cart for the surrounding areas we could be doing instead. We're coached if we tell the operator we can't get that call for some other department because we are with a guest or doing (thing) in electronics. The ETLs have made it clear that they want us in electronics as little as possible. At this point I'm not even sure why they still pay us anything over base, we're just Hardlines with a 6 key. Ridiculous.

This. I'm jealous of all these electronics TMs who actually get to be in electronics. At my store, we're written up (not just redirected, a full on pull you in the office sign this paper write up) if we're doing electronics push or strays (helping guests is an exception) and there's a pull or stray cart for the surrounding areas we could be doing instead. We're coached if we tell the operator we can't get that call for some other department because we are with a guest or doing (thing) in electronics. The ETLs have made it clear that they want us in electronics as little as possible. At this point I'm not even sure why they still pay us anything over base, we're just Hardlines with a 6 key. Ridiculous.
Oh my. Well that's not right either.

anybody knows what this new metal prepaid wedge fixture looks like. I didnt received this fixture and im curios what it looks like and if you have the part # can u include it too. thanks

Realized this morning that my kids put the tablet lock box/ bracket combo in the wrong order. And we are out of toggle brackets...fml.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back