Archived Email?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rdhdstpchl

Watching it all
Why is it that execs ask if I have email after having told them no multiple times?

Why doesn't the receiver have email??

Why is it that execs ask if I have email after having told them no multiple times?

Why doesn't the receiver have email??
cause it's not in your job description or pay grade.

you would have to get a raise to get that privilege ... lol

I have tried to get the receiver email a few times, and no dice.

Because receivers aren't as important as they think they are. At least in my store.
Do you know what to do with ESIM, merchandise sweeps, entertainment scans, recycling of the multiple things that corporate expects, vendors ( all of their child like qualities), and still keep all of the paperwork properly in order? Or are you one that prefers to walk past the person who does this position, leaving your trash, damages and general mess in your wake?

Please remember, receivers do a lot of things that you never see, including making sure that the paychecks make it to the proper location.

We answer to many, but seem liked by none. Come be a receiver for a week, by yourself, then you can say that we are not as important as we think if you can do it ALL without a single mistake. Oh, don't forget to have the whole area spotless when you leave each day.

Rant completed.

Do you know what to do with ESIM, merchandise sweeps, entertainment scans, recycling of the multiple things that corporate expects, vendors ( all of their child like qualities), and still keep all of the paperwork properly in order? Or are you one that prefers to walk past the person who does this position, leaving your trash, damages and general mess in your wake?

Please remember, receivers do a lot of things that you never see, including making sure that the paychecks make it to the proper location.

We answer to many, but seem liked by none. Come be a receiver for a week, by yourself, then you can say that we are not as important as we think if you can do it ALL without a single mistake. Oh, don't forget to have the whole area spotless when you leave each day.

Rant completed.
The receiver is never by themselves, there is usually backroom flow or dayside there. When our revicer got fired or took a vacation, backroom did everything. It's even easier with most shit being able to be done with the receiving app

Also backroom closer cleans the dock for the truck the next day and flow and backroom finished charge back and donations on Sunday

It helps having a detcated person for receiving but don't delude yourself into thinking that backroom doesn't know a lot of the processes unless they are shit

Last edited:
I had to keep reminding our AP-TL I don't have email and he looked so baffled every. Single. Time. Even made me open up the email page and prove it, one time.

I'd love to have an email, I'm a lot more comfortable with writing than speaking.
I realize ASANTS but our paychecks come directly from usps to HR...
Except for CVS sometimes, UPS mail comes through receiving here. Except when we get new drivers who decide to drop all the air mail up front then swing around to give me the ground mail.

Honestly, just as other metrics are available to all team members, with the exception of putting people's business out for everyone to see and know, shouldn't All team members have access to email? I'm saying it would help communication with all shifts ALOT better!!!:)

Honestly, just as other metrics are available to all team members, with the exception of putting people's business out for everyone to see and know, shouldn't All team members have access to email? I'm saying it would help communication with all shifts ALOT better!!!:)

I work at Lowe's now and every employee has email. It does help in some ways but it's true that a lot of positions don't really need it. My cashiers for example never get an opportunity to read their email and when they do it's just filled with corporate stuff.

The receiver is never by themselves, there is usually backroom flow or dayside there. When our revicer got fired or took a vacation, backroom did everything. It's even easier with most shit being able to be done with the receiving app

Also backroom closer cleans the dock for the truck the next day and flow and backroom finished charge back and donations on Sunday

It helps having a detcated person for receiving but don't delude yourself into thinking that backroom doesn't know a lot of the processes unless they are shit
Well then, I guess ours are, as you so nicely put it, shit since at the store that I work this glorious statement is VERY FAR from the truth.

Be proud that you are in a location that is well trained.

Don't ever tell a team member that they are deluded because all you are saying is that they are nothing to you. They will not support you as a TL if you tell them they are not needed

Last edited:

Rant completed.
60% of this yes. Plus my receiver only does 80%of his job any given day. He's more concerned with taking shit, bullying, and taking the open bags of candy to stash in his desk and the toy displays to decorate it. Backroom had dealt without him for a week or exceeded weekend. Etl-log and backroom tl and flow tl are almost 100% trained to receive.

I don't need to get dozens of emails full of sarcastic crap and thinly veiled threats that aren't even my problem.

I had to keep reminding our AP-TL I don't have email and he looked so baffled every. Single. Time. Even made me open up the email page and prove it, one time.

I'd love to have an email, I'm a lot more comfortable with writing than speaking.
Except for CVS sometimes, UPS mail comes through receiving here. Except when we get new drivers who decide to drop all the air mail up front then swing around to give me the ground mail.
Same here. All small carriers come through receiving! So receiving touches paychecks as they come in the back door.

Not in our store.

I mean you say you make sure the paychecks go to the right location?

You mean you get the paychecks and take them to HR who actually sorts them and prints the sign out sheet confirming TM'S grabbed them? As a receiver you are not authorized to open the paycheck bag and see what's in there. Anyone can look at the bag and make sure the right store number is on there.

I love my stores reciever, she cleans up a lot of people's messes. I also love circle9s rants. But by claiming responsibilities that you don't do, are you not feeding pptls point about recievers thinking they are more important than they actually are?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back