Archived Email?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The receiver is never by themselves, there is usually backroom flow or dayside there. When our revicer got fired or took a vacation, backroom did everything. It's even easier with most shit being able to be done with the receiving app

Also backroom closer cleans the dock for the truck the next day and flow and backroom finished charge back and donations on Sunday

It helps having a detcated person for receiving but don't delude yourself into thinking that backroom doesn't know a lot of the processes unless they are shit

ASANTS, sweaty :)

I would like to my receiver to have e-mail, not sure why they went out of their way to remove it from receivers yet GSA and signing TMs still have it.

Signing needs it. Coordination with PMT, for example, on when they can build displays. I have a pallet of strollers that still need to be built and I can talk with him and plan when he can build them.

Also helps to plan with softlines TLs. They do some of the softlines signing in my store, good to know so I can set their stuff aside on a cart for them

I mean you say you make sure the paychecks go to the right location?

You mean you get the paychecks and take them to HR who actually sorts them and prints the sign out sheet confirming TM'S grabbed them? As a receiver you are not authorized to open the paycheck bag and see what's in there. Anyone can look at the bag and make sure the right store number is on there.

I love my stores reciever, she cleans up a lot of people's messes. I also love circle9s rants. But by claiming responsibilities that you don't do, are you not feeding pptls point about recievers thinking they are more important than they actually are?
I think everyone that works for the company is important!

I am very tired of those that feel what "they" do is more important.

I also feel that this one upmanship is what is killing our company.

Maybe we all should be able to do what everyone else in the store can do.

Email ability is tied to position company wide. If receivers don't get it, they can't override it...tried when I was a PA. No go.
This is 100% accurate. I asked HR when I was no longer in a leadership role and was shot down.

Well then, I guess ours are, as you so nicely put it, shit since at the store that I work this glorious statement is VERY FAR from the truth.

Be proud that you are in a location that is well trained.

Don't ever tell a team member that they are deluded because all you are saying is that they are nothing to you. They will not support you as a TL if you tell them they are not needed
Sorry but I never liked the "if I quit this place would far apart"

It's great if you're a good worker but don't think you aren't easily replaceable. Even I'm replaceable and we only have 2btrm because the rest quit, got fired or moved to flow. Out TMs aren't well trained but backroom will eventually encounter most receiving tasks as downtime projects

The sweep, charge back, FedEx, ups, cleaning the dock, wrapping palettes of salvage and staxkijgc repacksc are common tasks in the backroom

The hardest part of receiving is learning the actual receiving process and less of the other grunt work

Do you know what to do with ESIM, merchandise sweeps, entertainment scans, recycling of the multiple things that corporate expects, vendors ( all of their child like qualities), and still keep all of the paperwork properly in order? Or are you one that prefers to walk past the person who does this position, leaving your trash, damages and general mess in your wake?

Please remember, receivers do a lot of things that you never see, including making sure that the paychecks make it to the proper location.

We answer to many, but seem liked by none. Come be a receiver for a week, by yourself, then you can say that we are not as important as we think if you can do it ALL without a single mistake. Oh, don't forget to have the whole area spotless when you leave each day.

Rant completed.
ESIM ✔ AS MOST EMPLOYEES SHOULD. Recycle yes not hard. Coming in to a mess.... Have you seen a fixture room and what a store does to one, sorry I don't feel bad for your little mess, and no I don't leave a mess I know what it feels like to clean up others messes. I understand paperwork PPTLs have a ton. So you deliver a mail box big deal, Or do you call someone to come and get it..? I'm sure you do a great job. But I stand by what I said.

Signing needs it. Coordination with PMT, for example, on when they can build displays. I have a pallet of strollers that still need to be built and I can talk with him and plan when he can build them.

Also helps to plan with softlines TLs. They do some of the softlines signing in my store, good to know so I can set their stuff aside on a cart for them
Signing tm have email if you don't and are a signing tm you should go to hr and have them set it up for you.

The receiver is never by themselves, there is usually backroom flow or dayside there. When our revicer got fired or took a vacation, backroom did everything. It's even easier with most shit being able to be done with the receiving app

Also backroom closer cleans the dock for the truck the next day and flow and backroom finished charge back and donations on Sunday

It helps having a detcated person for receiving but don't delude yourself into thinking that backroom doesn't know a lot of the processes unless they are shit
Dont know about how good that receiver at your store is but flow and and BR dont help me with anything. Im the one always bailing them out doing their defectives pulling pogs making bails pulling cafs autos and im in a high volume store so please dont think i dont have any vendors. I pull and process my own MIRs clean my own dock eveyday and ocassionally set up the line. Its a one man show! Huge props to all the receivers out there like me that dont get recognized!

Btw i love not having email one less headache i have to worry about. Im a great communicator. But Yes AP was like can you order this for me on SAP and when i said i couldnt he looked so baffled lol and he has asked me multiples times.
And paychecks come through me! So yes we touch them and take them up to HR!

Why is it that execs ask if I have email after having told them no multiple times?

Why doesn't the receiver have email??
Why doesn't the TPS have email? Because Target hates us.

I think the receiver is an extremely important position and should have email. Target Logic though.

Last edited:
Dont know about how good that receiver at your store is but flow and and BR dont help me with anything. Im the one always bailing them out doing their defectives pulling pogs making bails pulling cafs autos and im in a high volume store so please dont think i dont have any vendors. I pull and process my own MIRs clean my own dock eveyday and ocassionally set up the line. Its a one man show! Huge props to all the receivers out there like me that dont get recognized!
wow. Your amazing wish you were at my store. Ours won't even do MIRs. Has never set the line. Never pulled anything. Never made a bail. But thinks shes the queen of the world.

Word I really wish you were at my store as well. Maybe if we had just 3 team members with your knowledge at my store, everyone would be happy!!:rolleyes: We have a male receiver who also carries on as a "Diva"

Sorry but I never liked the "if I quit this place would far apart"

It's great if you're a good worker but don't think you aren't easily replaceable. Even I'm replaceable and we only have 2btrm because the rest quit, got fired or moved to flow. Out TMs aren't well trained but backroom will eventually encounter most receiving tasks as downtime projects

The sweep, charge back, FedEx, ups, cleaning the dock, wrapping palettes of salvage and staxkijgc repacksc are common tasks in the backroom

The hardest part of receiving is learning the actual receiving process and less of the other grunt work
I agree. Honestly at any store, Everyone is replaceable. No exceptions. From the STL down to the team member you never hear a peep from, to the TL that everyone loves/hates!! I have worked at several stores and when someone is replaced whether it be a team member or someone in leadership, store moves on. Granted things aren't the same, but look at this entire company. If you speak to Anyone who has worked for Spot longer than 6 months, All will say things have changed. Some for the better, some for the worst. That's Retail Everyone. Rant done;):p

I agree. Honestly at any store, Everyone is replaceable. No exceptions. From the STL down to the team member you never hear a peep from, to the TL that everyone loves/hates!! I have worked at several stores and when someone is replaced whether it be a team member or someone in leadership, store moves on. Granted things aren't the same, but look at this entire company. If you speak to Anyone who has worked for Spot longer than 6 months, All will say things have changed. Some for the better, some for the worst. That's Retail Everyone. Rant done;):p
Never ever will i say im irreplacable. Im also realistic. Life goes in with our without you. Even if they have to get 2 people to do your job they will. Its retail.

Last edited:
wow. Your amazing wish you were at my store. Ours won't even do MIRs. Has never set the line. Never pulled anything. Never made a bail. But thinks shes the queen of the world.
This is where I must be amazing, then...... The only thing I don't do or have not done in the past, making a bale.
No, I don't think I am queen of the world.
I am just looking for an easier way to communicate with the ETLs in my location.
FYI: I also make sure that the vendors know about upcoming sales planners, revisions and transition. I am in a low volume store.

Last edited:
HR has no power as far as giving email to tms, they used to but this was taken away YEARS ago and tied to positions there is a list of them on workbench. the only power HR has is that the etl-hr can approve to to be tied to certain email groups to get emails from the D/G/R. if your receiver really needs email, do like a lot of stores and key them in as a signing team member so they have access. I personally like that they do since i can email them of any orders I made for items I need him to be on the look out for.

Wtf? You shouldn't be pulling pog/cafs or setting the line, that sounds like shitty management

I realize ASANTS but our paychecks come directly from usps to HR...

I mean you say you make sure the paychecks go to the right location?

You mean you get the paychecks and take them to HR who actually sorts them and prints the sign out sheet confirming TM'S grabbed them? As a receiver you are not authorized to open the paycheck bag and see what's in there. Anyone can look at the bag and make sure the right store number is on there.

I love my stores reciever, she cleans up a lot of people's messes. I also love circle9s rants. But by claiming responsibilities that you don't do, are you not feeding pptls point about recievers thinking they are more important than they actually are?

Not sure how it works at your store, but at my store the package carriers deliver at the receiving dock. Every day we get at least a dozen packages, so I can't imagine it would work well for that to be delivered up front (especially when we get 30 boxes of greeting cards).

Our receiver organizes everything and delivers it to where it needs to go, including paychecks. Our Friday LODs have had several panic attacks when our receiver was out sick or on vacation and the paychecks never made it up front. He is one of only a handful of TMs in the store who knows what the paycheck delivery looks like and where to put it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back