MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

Don't be jealous. They are never going to actually cashier. Our STL wants flow to only work 3 1/2 shifts and wants them cleaned up and out by the time we open at 8am.. With a 4am unload..

I so need a new job to open up for me..

You guys didn't stay 7am? C volume store by my house stayed 7am despite q4 ending

Yeah we are starting this process for Market/Meat/Produce/Dairy in April.... our ETL Log talked about it in the logistic huddle..... called every logistic department. He said the new team will be in charge of pushing the truck, pulling and pushing autofills and cafs, backstocking, Instocks/ Research, Price Changes, and also Revisions/Planogram (if they are not big).... he said the hours are going to come from all the logistic work centers so expect less hours if u dont want to be part of that team...it is also suppose to be a team of eleven team members and also a new TL position... also to be part of that team u need to have open availability and no write ups.... but honestly im kinda wondering what will happen to our Produce TL and Market TL

Yeah we are starting this process for Market/Meat/Produce/Dairy in April.... our ETL Log talked about it in the logistic huddle..... called every logistic department. He said the new team will be in charge of pushing the truck, pulling and pushing autofills and cafs, backstocking, Instocks/ Research, Price Changes, and also Revisions/Planogram (if they are not big).... he said the hours are going to come from all the logistic work centers so expect less hours if u dont want to be part of that team...it is also suppose to be a team of eleven team members and also a new TL position... also to be part of that team u need to have open availability and no write ups.... but honestly im kinda wondering what will happen to our Produce TL and Market TL
We already have this for market. It is a huge fail, IMO. Tbey have not been able to hire enough people for the team, they never complete the daily work, research, zone, revisions, etc. are rarely done. The training aspect for anything has been abysmal. I heard an ETL ask if one of them "thinks they need training" in any of the areas, but quite honestly, how would they know what they don't know?

lolololol we can all wave goodbye to green BRLA if there are that many people pulling/backstocking :(:(

The couple of people we've tried to transition in to BRTM roles seemed to do well...until we looked at the report and found 2 dozen errors under their name for a single week. I can't even imagine how bad it'll be if we multiply that by however many people would be involved. ugh.

Too many cooks spoil the broth. End to end has been in place in our market and it doesn't appear to be working well. I wonder if this isn't a corporate ploy to thin out tls. Given the poor q4 and the dismal forecast hours and positions will get the axe.

Produce TL will probably continue to exist until they leave the position or leave Target. We never had a TL position opened for the rollout, but then we already have individual TLs for Produce, Deli, and Bakery, plus an Assistant who ended up falling under the Market TL. Obviously ASANTS, but my STL has also already completely undone the rollout. The people who came from overnight and stayed are back on overnight and that's when dry, dairy, and frozen are getting pushed again.

Who unloads the truck?
Are you asking about the whole-store compartmentalization that this "end-to-end team" pilot might be? Or the current disaster that's the reversed market rollout at my store?
If it's the former, I'll bet corporate decides that each team gets to select designated unloaders who get scheduled to unload the truck. Although Flow might continue to exist and they might just get sent to help the other teams after the unload if time allows (who knows what other tasks they might hand to Flow if this happens).

I will be sharing the few points I have heard about the new pilot.
  • Flow team, instocks, backroom will all fall into salefloor.
  • TMs will be assigned to specific areas of the store and will be held responsible for pushing truck, do research, pull batches, push items, backstock. Example: A TMs, B TMs, Girls TMs, Infant TMs etc
  • Payroll should not be affected and hours will just be reallocated where needed
  • It is not clear how pay grades will be affected.
Anyone knows more? Anyone is having this pilot in their store?

Any mention of how POG's will be set?

lolololol we can all wave goodbye to green BRLA if there are that many people pulling/backstocking :(:(

The couple of people we've tried to transition in to BRTM roles seemed to do well...until we looked at the report and found 2 dozen errors under their name for a single week. I can't even imagine how bad it'll be if we multiply that by however many people would be involved. ugh.

Sorry, to shed some light on this topic (of things I have heard)...

Trucks come in palletized by department instead of loose, so unload only takes an average of 15-20 minutes with a couple people
TL/TMs of areas own certain pallets
Very little backstock because the time spent unloading/scanning/backstocking on old process is now spent allowing experts to take excess product and use it to fill endcaps, sidecaps, trend runs, or dcode spots. Most stores are being challenged to not use their stockroom AT ALL.

This is extremely beneficial (I have had posts on doing this for months). First, the unload takes too long and takes too many TMs as is. Its a huge payroll and efficiency improvement. It also allows for split unloads and combinations to be used on the RDC. It keeps our Stockroom empty (Ever wonder how we can have a Stockroom literally packed with product and still empty spots all over the store). It also allows for the flexibility of delivery times (allowing for carriers to deliver when more convenient or cheaper).... I could go on and on...

I also agree with the ETL-HR changes (again another suggestion of mine).

At this point, I think I am going to stop giving out my suggestions for free to Target. Someone is making it big on my ideas and I think I should be making a consultation fee :)

Sorry, to shed some light on this topic (of things I have heard)...

Trucks come in palletized by department instead of loose, so unload only takes an average of 15-20 minutes with a couple people
TL/TMs of areas own certain pallets
Very little backstock because the time spent unloading/scanning/backstocking on old process is now spent allowing experts to take excess product and use it to fill endcaps, sidecaps, trend runs, or dcode spots. Most stores are being challenged to not use their stockroom AT ALL.

This is extremely beneficial (I have had posts on doing this for months). First, the unload takes too long and takes too many TMs as is. Its a huge payroll and efficiency improvement. It also allows for split unloads and combinations to be used on the RDC. It keeps our Stockroom empty (Ever wonder how we can have a Stockroom literally packed with product and still empty spots all over the store). It also allows for the flexibility of delivery times (allowing for carriers to deliver when more convenient or cheaper).... I could go on and on...

I also agree with the ETL-HR changes (again another suggestion of mine).

At this point, I think I am going to stop giving out my suggestions for free to Target. Someone is making it big on my ideas and I think I should be making a consultation fee :)
thanks this sounds like fun and it will work if not Target. With the current management they will screw this up.

Flexing merchandise all over the place instead of backstocking it seems like it has nightmare written all over it. Although Target keeps saying it is working on inventory management, I still don't see the results. We have way too many assets sitting in the backroom simply because it doesn't fit on the floor. I understand having product with a small capacity needing space to be backstocked, but items with larger capacities, or low turnover, definitely don't need to be in the backroom, and shouldn't have been sent to the store in the first place. Why do we have 4 cribs with the same DPCI in the back? I can't recall ever selling that many between replenishment trucks. 500+ Kraft mac and cheese of each variety? When was the last time any store sold that many between being replenished? Fix inventory management and it solves space management in the backroom.

@Rock Lobster is that something separate from the grocery operating model? The pilot page makes it seem like it's being rolled out to most stores over the next few months, and I'm pretty sure there was something about how to set up custom blocks for the u-boats (which seems like something that would be necessary only for the current unload system).

Flexing merchandise all over the place instead of backstocking it seems like it has nightmare written all over it. Although Target keeps saying it is working on inventory management, I still don't see the results. We have way too many assets sitting in the backroom simply because it doesn't fit on the floor. I understand having product with a small capacity needing space to be backstocked, but items with larger capacities, or low turnover, definitely don't need to be in the backroom, and shouldn't have been sent to the store in the first place. Why do we have 4 cribs with the same DPCI in the back? I can't recall ever selling that many between replenishment trucks. 500+ Kraft mac and cheese of each variety? When was the last time any store sold that many between being replenished? Fix inventory management and it solves space management in the backroom.
I will say I've noticed things that I sell through SFS (that we don't typically sell much of from the sales floor) are being replenished very quickly after being sold. If there's a piece of furniture that was picked for an order the night before, it will usually already show another one on the way when I scan it in item search. Same goes for things I research to zero. It shows up within a few days if it's still active.

That being said, we also have way too much of some stuff. I think we have over 1000 eaches of a certain kind of pasta.

I will say I've noticed things that I sell through SFS (that we don't typically sell much of from the sales floor) are being replenished very quickly after being sold. If there's a piece of furniture that was picked for an order the night before, it will usually already show another one on the way when I scan it in item search. Same goes for things I research to zero. It shows up within a few days if it's still active.

That being said, we also have way too much of some stuff. I think we have over 1000 eaches of a certain kind of pasta.
Things definitely get replenished quickly after they sell, it's the inventory levels that are killing every store. Target has SOOO many assets just sitting in backrooms because there is too much of a variety of merchandise in the stores. I work at a LV store, why was our initial push of Simply OJ to fill an EC over 50 of 4 different DPCIs. We ended up qmosing a majority of it when they didn't sell. That's just one example of many, many, many different items that have inventory levels in the store that are not validated by their sales.

I just got talked to regarding this. End to End Team is what they're calling the market team for this rollout. They will basically do everything: push from truck, backstock, zone, pull and push research, work on dcode, salesplanners, do your own price change etc. But instead of people into specific roles, each tm will be assigned aisles. Each tm will be responsible for the aisles that are assigned to them. We are to do our own price change and research. In my store, this is being rolled out to market and softlines, but eventually to all areas. I do not know what will happen to the flow team. I am being moved back to market bec this is what I basically did (not all since we still had PC and flow did autofill and truck) when I was there last year or so they told me. I was the only one there for the whole dry market. Along with an apathetic and the most idiotic TL I ever served under, I almost lost my mind (not the "lost-my-mind-to-murder-people") over my whole situation. I was very depressed and was really wanting to call it quits. But this time, I will be assigned only 4 to 6 aisles. Still a lot but at least not a whole department. If I ever feel that way again this year, I will quit. Gotta take care of my mental health.

Last edited:
Oh, sorry, I just remembered this... I was told that in Target, people averages 17-20 boxes an hour for push. They consider that slow. We are expected to push 50 boxes per hour.

Oh, sorry, I just remembered this... I was told that in Target, people averages 17-20 boxes an hour for push. They consider that slow. We are expected to push 50 boxes per hour.
It's 1 box per minute. That is fact.
I can do about 75 boxes in one hour.

Everyone needs to move faster that's a fact Too many sloths

17-20 boxes/hr is pathetic. ...although I can definitely see a couple of my Flow TMs falling into that category. 1min per box seems a *little* extreme- sometimes you've got lots of styrofoam that's taped together (lamps and stupid christmas figurines...ugh) but I guess if you average it out, it really should come out to around that. Sure, you might spend 2min on a lamp, but then you'll open up a box of 2 toasters, take maybe 8 steps, plop them on the shelf, and you're done.

But honestly- after reading most of this thread, I'm thinking I might need to start looking for a new job :( I love backroom. I can even kind of enjoy flow. But make me basically be a salesfloor tm? nope. can't do it. I loathe people. I don't want 20 guests coming up to me asking me questions throughout the day. I want to be in my own little world in the back and be left alone!!

It's 1 box per minute. That is fact.
I can do about 75 boxes in one hour.

Everyone needs to move faster that's a fact Too many sloths

You might be right on too many sloths but I honestly do not know how fast or slow I am. Or how fast or slow Flow is at my store. I was just shown of what was written on the End to End Team book my ETL showed me.

I'm kind of nervous for what might happen to the backroom team with all of this. It's hard to imagine anyone besides current BRTMs being successful with any backroom tasks at my store.

If this rolls out to more than just Grocery, what happens to the backroom team? Is the backroom TL still going to be responsible for BRLA and pull timeliness? Will TMs be responsible for completing 12 steps and keeping their BR areas neat? It's project viper all over again...

Back