MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

Yep, many of the best practices are looser than before. However, how many hours you spend per workcenter is getting cracked down. Payroll allocations are going through a major overhaul and MyTime is supposedly getting upgraded. You will no longer earn payroll because of sales, but based on calculated workload. Areas like trailer unload and market will earn hours based on total units stocked, not any given dollar amount or total trucks. There will then be a metric out to make sure stores are spending all the hours in each bucket (and not underspending in one to overspend in another).

This will mean most stores will be operating in general the same (you won't be able to come across one store having certain areas heavier staffed than others to do extra things), but within a given week you can have that team operate however you want.

This is actually a great thing, despite MyTime yet to convince me it knows exactly what its doing but its a step in the right direction. You will no longer be able to hear things like, "At my store Instocks pulls and works their own batches" and another store say "Instocks only scans here"... We will all have the same general Instocks workload (Scanning and working out their pulls), but when you want them to do RIGs, what areas they scan and when will be up to you... and this will be true for all workcenters.
It's all about being a business owner. If you have sales planners that have home locs and it's not selling why would you put it on an endcap? Use my stats and put something up there that's going to sell. You have to be smart about it though- if it has no other location or is something for an upcoming holiday or something then you would want to set it.

The week before Easter we didn't finish our otc transition because it made more sense to service the guests and Brand and fill the floor. We mad sure it got done the week after though. It just made more sense to wait on it. Again being a business owner and making the right decisions for your store.

Which begs the question why didn't this start at square 1 and Target just plan the transition AFTER Easter if their plan is truly Guest service first?

If Target is going to outline vague strategies and timelines, what they will receive back is vague results.

End Caps (Sales planners) are often bought by many of the companies whose products are featured on that end cap (think like paying rent for the space and added visual for your product, like a TV commercial). Even if the product isn't selling well that space is bought, and unless there is some contract where Target can do whatever it wants to do with their space if it isn't hitting <insert sales>, Outside companies who deal with Target are going to be pissed.

I will miss that:(

Shit, is Signing TM ending as a role too? should I make my move to put a foot back into PFresh?

I feel like I deserve it, for zoning Dry so many years, only to put these pushers in....

How many times I said, "you know what would be great here? Pushers"......

If Signing TM stays who the hell is my TL... if it is VML, please warn me.

Last edited:
*pictures former Backroom Team quitting en masse*

Backroom, flow, If Plano team is killed, I see at least 75% of the Plano TM's in Target jumping ship. I already inquired to mine about the idea of this happening (never said it with certainty just a "feeling") every single one told me they would <insert swear word> quit.

We are going into remodel in a month and a half, which coincides straddling our BTC/BTS (SuperFreaky Set). So..... if they through this on us now I see a very bloody mess at our store.

My ETL-Log well now ETL-Essentials. Gave all the hours to his former logistic teams while the former salesfloor team got shit. Nice.

My ETL-Log well now ETL-Essentials. Gave all the hours to his former logistic teams while the former salesfloor team got shit. Nice.
Do you guys with the new ETL titles have end to end throughout the whole store already? Are you on the palletized trucks already? Does anyone know when full end to end rolls out in every region?

Do you guys with the new ETL titles have end to end throughout the whole store already? Are you on the palletized trucks already? Does anyone know when full end to end rolls out in every region?
Yes to ETL and the team we started this week. No to the trucks and it depends on the region. Like for example someone here is in the same state as me and their way ahead than us.

If I'm hearing everything correctly, I should start looking for a new job?
If you're in the backroom, I'd wait and see how it plays out. It seems like some stores are trying to keep former BRTMs doing BR work so you might be ok. It just depends how your store moves with it.

In this case is the Hardlines team. Their hours are being cut in favor of giving them to the former Logistic team.
Thanks. I knew what you meant.

About 5 days a week, we don't have a "salesfloor" team. It's specialty teams.

I guess we will once End to End rolls out.

We're still on a halfassed version of this pilot and I really hate how our ETL LOG, whose team is now only responsible for the hardlines areas and is really the only ETL who works during the pre-store open unload period, is doing everything he can to help his own team at the inconvenience of the SL and market teams. Giving us the worst spots on the line, not breaking the line anymore to unload the FDC truck (even though there's rarely and barely a path to get around the line when it's in use), hoarding all the vehicles. And it's hard to say anything about it because no one there that early is on "our side" in this. I'm so over the slow death of team culture happening with this rollout.

I am not sure. Hey @Rock Lobster, do you have any info on Plano or signing folks?

At my store, Plano is going away and our Plano team is being split up to be on the different teams in my store so they can teach the others how to set POGs. Pricing team is also going away and being split up the same way. Not sure yet about our signing TM but I can ask them when I go in next! The only positions that aren't really changing are receiving, sfs and front end.

Hopefully backroom isn't affected too much. We only have two TMs so i don't think we'll take a hit

We're still on a halfassed version of this pilot and I really hate how our ETL LOG, whose team is now only responsible for the hardlines areas and is really the only ETL who works during the pre-store open unload period, is doing everything he can to help his own team at the inconvenience of the SL and market teams. Giving us the worst spots on the line, not breaking the line anymore to unload the FDC truck (even though there's rarely and barely a path to get around the line when it's in use), hoarding all the vehicles. And it's hard to say anything about it because no one there that early is on "our side" in this. I'm so over the slow death of team culture happening with this rollout.
I'm considering taking some benadryl before my shifts so I am too tired to care. The ETL-LOG and STL are now getting involved in the "fight" over how I should do my job vs ETL-SF and SLTL. I feel like a kid with divorced parents except mine never treated me as a pawn in their disagreements.

Yep, many of the best practices are looser than before. However, how many hours you spend per workcenter is getting cracked down. Payroll allocations are going through a major overhaul and MyTime is supposedly getting upgraded. You will no longer earn payroll because of sales, but based on calculated workload. Areas like trailer unload and market will earn hours based on total units stocked, not any given dollar amount or total trucks. There will then be a metric out to make sure stores are spending all the hours in each bucket (and not underspending in one to overspend in another).

This will mean most stores will be operating in general the same (you won't be able to come across one store having certain areas heavier staffed than others to do extra things), but within a given week you can have that team operate however you want.

This is actually a great thing, despite MyTime yet to convince me it knows exactly what its doing but its a step in the right direction. You will no longer be able to hear things like, "At my store Instocks pulls and works their own batches" and another store say "Instocks only scans here"... We will all have the same general Instocks workload (Scanning and working out their pulls), but when you want them to do RIGs, what areas they scan and when will be up to you... and this will be true for all workcenters.

My issue as an HR TM who does the schedule for my entire store is the vagueness of the directions thus far and the timing of these changes. It would have made more sense to overhaul myTime BEFORE rolling out this new allocation process based on workload. For my store, the only parts of the schedule that it is fairly accurate in polling are Cashiers and Pricing, which used to be completely off. Believe me, I'm all about spending less time on the schedule and having more intuition in the system, but changing the fundamentals of how the stores run could be staged better than this. Maybe it'll all come together magically in a couple of months, who knows? I suppose that is why we live by the word "flexible" around here so much.

Until it actually requires doing correct work or dealing with a cash register or dealing with human beings. The favoritism is disgusting.. And it shows shitty leadership really shitty leadership.
And that's what I've been saying. Anyone here likes to scream all one team until the ETL-LOG gives flow all the hours. Clearly they don't see it that way.

Flow is proven fastest pushing team, accuracy can be fixed with instocks. It's faster than giving hours to guy that's probably going to backuping cashier or helping guest half their shift

Sucks but that's the way it is. Anyone who doesn't want to deal with that should get on flow or backroom now while they still can because I assure you more LOG ETLs are going to put their team first. It's 20 of them vs probably 4 of you

I am not sure. Hey @Rock Lobster, do you have any info on Plano or signing folks?

The problem is that they are doing hybrid type things in most stores, and most do not know exactly how to handle this yet. Honestly, we are about to be navigating some murky territory, and the only actual light tower nearby is MyTime. Its going to be almost impossible for people allocating payroll to get this right on their own, and you are going to just have to follow MyTime allocations... So if its calling for Presentation to get 200 hours and it looks like that is about what the adjacency calendar is calling for, then they are probably going to need do all the sets that week... The following week you might notice a spike in SL hours and a dip in Plano/Signing... and that is when you know that Softlines is end to end in the schedule when it comes to that workload. Its a whole mess of confusing until the dust settles.

Back