MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

The problem is that they are doing hybrid type things in most stores, and most do not know exactly how to handle this yet. Honestly, we are about to be navigating some murky territory, and the only actual light tower nearby is MyTime. Its going to be almost impossible for people allocating payroll to get this right on their own, and you are going to just have to follow MyTime allocations... So if its calling for Presentation to get 200 hours and it looks like that is about what the adjacency calendar is calling for, then they are probably going to need do all the sets that week... The following week you might notice a spike in SL hours and a dip in Plano/Signing... and that is when you know that Softlines is end to end in the schedule when it comes to that workload. Its a whole mess of confusing until the dust settles.

So should all of us on presentation/signing start viewing Target as a part time job? and look elsewhere? I feel like this is a "We'll call you when we need to" type of job, by the way it sounds of it. Either that or we will be the Hybrid "jack of all trades" moving back and forth from "Work Center" doing their transitions. Which really isn't a change at all.

If so, warn me, so I can at least tell my co-corkers who work hard with me, and don't deserve this shit.

No, when they're never on the floor apart from pushing. Their not interacting with the guest or responding to fast service.
The guest doesn't matter. This whole process is about filling the floor as fast as possible. The average flow TM will push far faster than the average SFTM due to always getting yelled at to beat time goals plus doing it for a while.

When I was on flow during 4q when I first got hired I had to push the entire toy section in 2 hours including clean up

That's just the way it is. Sucks for the SFTMs but any ETL will favor their team first

And that's what I've been saying. Anyone here likes to scream all one team until the ETL-LOG gives flow all the hours. Clearly they don't see it that way.

Flow is proven fastest pushing team, accuracy can be fixed with instocks. It's faster than giving hours to guy that's probably going to backuping cashier or helping guest half their shift

Sucks but that's the way it is. Anyone who doesn't want to deal with that should get on flow or backroom now while they still can because I assure you more LOG ETLs are going to put their team first. It's 20 of them vs probably 4 of you
Fastest since you don't read anything just shove shit out anywhere and expect to scoop out the most hours and leave the crumbs to who actually has to know what they are doing to fix your crap. What a way to team build.. And you wonder why anyone who isn't flow looks at you like shit on their shoes? That quote above of yours.. Right there..

It's ok you will learn that the world isn't always going to treat you like the special snowflake you think you are.. And there are a lot more than four of us..

Fastest since you don't read anything just shove shit out anywhere and expect to scoop out the most hours and leave the crumbs to who actually has to know what they are doing to fix your crap. What a way to team build.. And you wonder why anyone who isn't flow looks at you like shit on their shoes? That quote above of yours.. Right there..

It's ok you will learn that the world isn't always going to treat you like the special snowflake you think you are.. And there are a lot more than four of us..
If SF did a good zone flow wouldn't push shit in the wrong spot. When you guys slid over items to fill holes flow will full both spots with the a case.

The guest doesn't matter. This whole process is about filling the floor as fast as possible. The average flow TM will push far faster than the average SFTM due to always getting yelled at to beat time goals plus doing it for a while.

When I was on flow during 4q when I first got hired I had to push the entire toy section in 2 hours including clean up

That's just the way it is. Sucks for the SFTMs but any ETL will favor their team first

You do know the point on working on retail is more than stocking a store right? Anyone can stock a box, not everybody has good customer service. Especially Target which emphasizes on their "Vibe". I get it you're biased for flow, but that is not how you run a business.

If SF did a good zone flow wouldn't push shit in the wrong spot. When you guys slid over items to fill holes flow will full both spots with the a case.
If it's full already due to poor zone..don't make it worse, backstock that stuff and let it come out in research once it's fixed rather than make it 50x harder to fix.

Flow is in for a rude awakening at my store. They are all getting trained to cashier and expected to start carrying equipment when in style/ market. Backup and answering phones is coming you whiny bitches. So is wearing shirts that don't outline your moobs... unless you want to work four hour shifts.

our ETL LOG, whose team is now only responsible for the hardlines areas and is really the only ETL who works during the pre-store open unload period, is doing everything he can to help his own team at the inconvenience of the SL and market teams.
I was wondering when something like this would pop up. So basically instead of salesfloor complaining about flow, we'll just have "essentials" complaining about "style."

So should all of us on presentation/signing start viewing Target as a part time job? and look elsewhere? I feel like this is a "We'll call you when we need to" type of job, by the way it sounds of it. Either that or we will be the Hybrid "jack of all trades" moving back and forth from "Work Center" doing their transitions. Which really isn't a change at all.

If so, warn me, so I can at least tell my co-corkers who work hard with me, and don't deserve this shit.

No, you misunderstand what is happening exactly. Each individual workcenter will handle their own transitions eventually, and you will just permanently be part of whatever team your store decides to move you to. Softlines and soon Grocery will be this way, and the sets coming down will be evened out within those departments, not between presentation as a whole. Just look at the Grocery sets coming down now, one person a day can handle those.

For the time being, workload will continue to be siphoned off from Plano. Softlines will move into Softlines, and Plano will see a small decrease in hours and 1 Plano TM will likely need to transfer into the workcenter permanently.

You do know the point on working on retail is more than stocking a store right? Anyone can stock a box, not everybody has good customer service. Especially Target which emphasizes on their "Vibe". I get it you're biased for flow, but that is not how you run a business.
All you gotta do is tell the guest where shit is. That's it really.

Lol.. You go on and admit that you can't be bothered to read a shelf label and blindly shove shit where you see the same shit on the shelf.. Thank you for proving my point..
No, I admit you guys can zone for shit. No one has time to clear out total sections when we have to push over 3000k boxes in 2 hours.

Instocks will fix empties. Don't flex active product in locations. There are actual locals in stores were the same item has two labels side by side. No one is going to check every single one

Flow is in for a rude awakening at my store. They are all getting trained to cashier and expected to start carrying equipment when in style/ market. Backup and answering phones is coming you whiny bitches. So is wearing shirts that don't outline your moobs... unless you want to work four hour shifts.

And dayside is in for a rude awakening too... Its not "flow's freight" anymore, the lines are blurred and everyone works freight for their department until its done.

All you gotta do is tell the guest where shit is. That's it really.

No, I admit you guys can zone for shit. No one has time to clear out total sections when we have to push over 3000k boxes in 2 hours.

Instocks will fix empties. Don't flex active product in locations. There are actual locals in stores were the same item has two labels side by side. No one is going to check every single one

Awww you don't have time.. But In-Stocks has time to help you fools push a truck and fix your fuck ups?

And what In-Stocks team when this End to End hits your store.. Cause there isn't one.

Rock Lobster its already that way for all the overnight stores that went 4am half the flow team quit before the first 4am truck and they can't staff to save their lives since almost no one wants to work a 4hr shift starting at 4am.. So all the morning dayside people are having to do both and then get yelled at that our primary jobs are not getting done.. And Target management wonders why dayside is jumping ship as well..

My ETL is afraid of what is going to happen, he has all of dayside backroom, pricing, In-Stocks 3/4 of which have expressed that they would quit on the drop of a dime. Six people dropped notice in one week so we all got a talking to about it. Cause this sucks so much and they were lied to so badly about this 4am bullshit.. I took a vacation to use up my time up and he was not happy I had both a LOA and term form and refused to tell him which one I was going to turn in when I got back..

I have no issue with shitty jobs, I am here to take home a paycheck but don't dare lie to me.. And we were lied to.

My pog and pc tms went into departments. They were the tms all the tls wanted in their areas because they are so knowledgeable. They push, pull, bs, set, do pricing, research, all for their own areas now.

Do you guys with the new ETL titles have end to end throughout the whole store already? Are you on the palletized trucks already? Does anyone know when full end to end rolls out in every region?
Yes we have end to end through the whole store.
No our trucks aren't palletized yet but by sometime next year they should be.
Not sure when it rolls out company wide but we were told it will happen and not to expect this to be a test anymore.

Which begs the question why didn't this start at square 1 and Target just plan the transition AFTER Easter if their plan is truly Guest service first?

If Target is going to outline vague strategies and timelines, what they will receive back is vague results.

End Caps (Sales planners) are often bought by many of the companies whose products are featured on that end cap (think like paying rent for the space and added visual for your product, like a TV commercial). Even if the product isn't selling well that space is bought, and unless there is some contract where Target can do whatever it wants to do with their space if it isn't hitting <insert sales>, Outside companies who deal with Target are going to be pissed.
It was stupid to have otc set easter week and I'm not sure what target was thinking. It could have easily be set after easter.

I asked the same question about sales planners and was told not to worry about it and do what makes sense for the store. Not a great answer but i just do what my Dtl wants. We do have vendors who come in to see if their sales planners are set and if they aren't they ask us why and notate it down and leave.

My pog and pc tms went into departments. They were the tms all the tls wanted in their areas because they are so knowledgeable. They push, pull, bs, set, do pricing, research, all for their own areas now.

The Problem is we are all 4am, (still 4am as well, same as our "Zombie Flow Team" I'll call it. The problem is almost all of us are all 4am for a reason (go to work at 4am you better have a reason). What happens when that is gone.

I see Target trying to create a truckload of "specialized" TMs. I have no doubt that Presentation TMs and Brand TM's (PA's etc, especially included) will find the change the easiest.

What Target is creating is a regular TM that should be get a VAST amount more training than the regular TM in training of old (regardless of department). What Target will eventually create after all the weeding out and performancing out is a huge team of highly trained and hard to replace TM's. Which will realize that they are exactly this, and I foresee unions trying to form.

Uh, I see Target creating a team where -

About 50 % of the people half ass their daily work. - these are the people who overstock, mis-stock, don't stock, make errors in BR. ETA: Don't zone correctly, don't cashier correctly, etc.

About 10% will excel.

About 10% will completely slack off. -- chill in the bathroom on their phone, or watch videos on their phone when no one is around, read a magazine or chat with others all.day.

and 30% will do just enough to get by... and not make things worse.

Last edited:
The old STL from my store was in utter denial about the impact that e2e would have in our store. Fortunately my HR saw the writing on the wall about how the current specialty teams (pricing & plano) would be effective and has started preparing those teams. Or is getting ready to prepare them. Lol

The old STL from my store was in utter denial about the impact that e2e would have in our store. Fortunately my HR saw the writing on the wall about how the current specialty teams (pricing & plano) would be effective and has started preparing those teams. Or is getting ready to prepare them. Lol

my ETL-HR is fairly new, who was forced by our STL to go overnight and be our LOD and learn Plano with us. Was hilarious to watch my TL boss us all (including the ETL) around..... We blared Prince over the loudspeaker overnight the night he died, while we were all in zombie mode.

Should make this interesting.

This actually reminds me of that night lmao

1.01 min is me auditing.

Last edited:
Back