MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

Backroom won't die as long as lazy LODs are too busy discussing lunch plans to pull flexes, ship from store, make bales, do receiving, pull items from steel, finish audits, pull price change, purge decode, receive ship to store, build bikes, hang hanging softlines, set the line, inventory prep or pull cafs or manuals in a timely manner

Aka never lmao
We are fully e2e and we don't have anyone scheduled under backroom at all. We have a sfs team who does that and flexes. If they aren't there at night we have multiple tms trained to do flexes. Multiple tms are trained how to
Make a bale so it rotates through the e2e teams. Receiving is our reverse logistics tm who gets
35 hours a week. Pull items/pc/dcode/cafs/manuals all go to the e2e teams. Build bikes is our bike builders who work in the sporting goods block. Hang hanging SL is now the SL team. Set the line- we do that in the morning when the team comes in any ways so that's whoever is scheduled at 5:30. Inventory prep- we will all own our own areas in the backroom for that.
All backroom aisles are to the tl who owns the area on the floor. I'm SL so I own all aisles in the backroom that have SL in them. Any maintenance or issues in those aisles falls on me and my team.

Our SFTL weighs 378 pounds and can fit in the wave. I'm sure backroom has nothing to worry about.

Worst case scenario is that we are forced to cashier so we use up all our Vacay and quit lmao

I understand the idea is guest focused but how much time will you have to help a guest when you have to do every single job in the store?

Or more likely you'll be stuck helping guests all day and not be able to complete your ridiculous work load.
Until the bigger changes are made to logistics, payroll isn't changing. Payroll will stay the same, the hours will just be redistributed.

I understand the idea is guest focused but how much time will you have to help a guest when you have to do every single job in the store?

Or more likely you'll be stuck helping guests all day and not be able to complete your ridiculous work load.

Or you will cashier and "help" guests all day to avoid doing your workload. Which will fall onto others.

Or you will slowly complete your workload in order to avoid helping guests or cashiering.

I see this shit happening all the time, now.

Or you will cashier and "help" guests all day to avoid doing your workload. Which will fall onto others.

Or you will slowly complete your workload in order to avoid helping guests or cashiering.

I see this shit happening all the time, now.
The idea is to have less people touching merchandise so it's easier to identify who is loafing/screwing up. Ideally it'll be easier to spot the useless TMs and show them the door, but that takes strong leaders, something Target overwhelmingly lacks.

PlanoBitch what volume store are you? How many TL do you have? Is the process working well in your store? I can see, zone wise, the difference that the SL style team is having in our store.

PlanoBitch what volume store are you? How many TL do you have? Is the process working well in your store? I can see, zone wise, the difference that the SL style team is having in our store.
I'm a B volume pfresh. We have 12 tls total(4 are sr)
2 gstls(1 sr) 1 aptl, 1 sr hr, 1 vml, 2 SL(1 sr) 1 food, and 4 hl(1sr)

I was against this whole change from the start. I didn't want to give up being PPTL and I definitely didn't see how this would work out. I thought everything was going to fall apart and the store was gonna look like crap. However it has really changed my mind. The store looks really good every day, we're getting the trucks pushed, backstock done, and we have more people on the floor during the day. Like I said in previous posts transitions and price changes are late sometimes but they do get done.

The first two weeks were definitely the hardest. None of us really knew what we were supposed to be doing and when. But now that we are pretty much all on the same page and the team is being trained we are doing much better. Of course there is a learning curve for the team members so we are taking that into account when we are teaching them how to do new things.

There's no more blaming other teams for things. It's not like look at what the flow team did or didn't do, The pog team didn't finish pushing this batch, oh price change didn't push their back room today. Since everyone is responsible for their own areas there is nobody else to point fingers aT.

I like that now when new merchandise comes in off the truck the girls who are pushing the racks are actually merchandising It out where it makes sense. They're not just cramming it on racks anymore just to get it done because they are responsible for with the area and what it looks like. When we do price change we can actually merchandise the clearance where it supposed to be and then re-merchandise wherever we took it off of. Where as before if we were running out of time we wouldn't be able to re-merchandise where we took the stuff from I would have to tell the softlines team that they had to go back through what we just did.

So far I think it's going really good and I do like it. May is going to be a challenge because we have a lot less payroll so we will have to see how it goes.

The idea is to have less people touching merchandise so it's easier to identify who is loafing/screwing up. Ideally it'll be easier to spot the useless TMs and show them the door, but that takes strong leaders, something Target overwhelmingly lacks.
That's also shooting themselves in the foot. I'm all for canning shit TMs, however it'll be a lot harder to teach teach a new TM "everything", especially with less payroll.

Once the entirety of flow and backroom quits due to not wanting to interact with guest, who will have time to train new TMs while trying to complete their own work

I overheard a TL in my store saying that they won't be telling Flow about how the new system is changing until after Best Team Survey. That makes me so mad because they know people will be pissed but don't want it to reflect on the survey. I'm sure most of Flow doesn't know their hours are probably going to drop a decent amount.

b67996e7d5c5f50dbdfd6ac77e9bc23f943d96bf58122a172b421db4a5aedc0d.jpg

Out with the weak!
More like out with the smart ones. Everyone's workload will effectively triple.

Plano will have learn the backstock and cashier process

Flow will need to learn the Plano and cashier processes

Salesfloor will need to learn the backroom and flow processes

Everyone will be expected to do more and no one will be compisated money wise for it.

Leaving it's actually the smart thing to do.

We had a bunch of Flow TMs "Tryout" for Pog Team over our fourth Quarter "Christmas in 24hrs" bullshit through till our first major Transition in this years Cosmetics. All of them were less than capable of reasonably keeping pace, which made them all anxious and run back to Flow full time. We had one that kept up fairly well, but they were stolen by "the market team".

Everyone will be expected to do more and no one will be compisated money wise for it.

We already know. I'm tempted to put my Leadership on notice that the first time some kid/idiot hurts himself with the ladder I had to ditch on the floor to back up the lanes, when trying to set low walls or the WAVE, that it is not on me.

How about we just eliminate the GSA position and make all current qualifying GSA into GSTLs? I swear I feel bad for my GSAs who do all of the workload I do for the most part without the pay.. but of course that will never happen because spot is cheap. Guest service should be a different pay grade from cashier along with OPU.

Every Plano person on my team knows this, and I am willing to bet if you are on Plano you more than likely do. You just might not admit it.

any word on if the Backroom metrics are going to be no longer used? Because if you have all these disparate teams… ooh I asked this one already.. something new then?

has e2e been through Christmas or 4th quarter to be more PC? how about back to school?

They can teach me to cashier I'm sure it will look cute on my resume. I'm probably #1 flow tm who shouldn't backup cashier based on my RBF alone. At least half my team can't read the numbers on the repack labels so I'm not sure if they're cut out to handle cash. We're not coming clean on the trucks and payroll is down sliding into May. We're hiring new people and handing regulars 15 hours and telling them to go home on time. Garbage hours makes more of Flow quit than the concept of cashiering. If I have the worst attitude and I can suck it the fuck up for at least 20 minutes to cashier one Saturday a month before 11am then I doubt it will be a big deal.

Back