MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

I'm curious what group you're in. I know we're encouraged not to share that stuff, but man I want to know if this is coming to my store/area.
My guess yours will happen after. However, it is coming, it is real and it is the future where we like it or not.
I would love to talk about some of the things about the new processes but if I say certain things, it will reveal what city I am in and that will reveal which store. So trust me, if they are playing to [censored] quit, then they need to update their [censored] resume now because its sooner rather than later.

So should all of us on presentation/signing start viewing Target as a part time job? and look elsewhere? I feel like this is a "We'll call you when we need to" type of job, by the way it sounds of it. Either that or we will be the Hybrid "jack of all trades" moving back and forth from "Work Center" doing their transitions. Which really isn't a change at all.

If so, warn me, so I can at least tell my co-corkers who work hard with me, and don't deserve this shit.
Consider yourself warned. Alot of the old divisions and groups are going away. Our plano is older people and they are left with major transtions only. So what do they do daily? Mini-seasonal. Hours have been cut.

Fastest since you don't read anything just shove shit out anywhere and expect to scoop out the most hours and leave the crumbs to who actually has to know what they are doing to fix your crap. What a way to team build.. And you wonder why anyone who isn't flow looks at you like shit on their shoes? That quote above of yours.. Right there..

It's ok you will learn that the world isn't always going to treat you like the special snowflake you think you are.. And there are a lot more than four of us..
While agree with you Bosch, I tend to believe from what I am hearing that they will be looking for people who can handle heavier workloads. Open availability, can carry 50 lbs easily, drive the wave, backstock rapidly and yes throw a truck in an hour.

Its insane. My ETL said we are becoming more red walmart. He thinks its some what amusing. The only thing keeping our store together, all the older people (me too) this is same crap different day. We've ran light so often and done everything ourselves so often, having to do everything being the norm now is a shrug and a yawn.

Of course the newer ones want more hours. I want to be able to control the non auto batches because I am sick of a TL going hey dropped a caf for you. (thanks I wanted to spend the next 3 hours dealing with that, remind me to drop yours 2 hours before you punch out.)

Flow is in for a rude awakening at my store. They are all getting trained to cashier and expected to start carrying equipment when in style/ market. Backup and answering phones is coming you whiny bitches. So is wearing shirts that don't outline your moobs... unless you want to work four hour shifts.

Oh yaaaas. When our STL overjoyingly presented all of us custom shirts with our store number on the back with a pithy phrase as a reward, I took it as flow isn't allow to wear muscle shirts and inside out shirts anymore. Oh our flow does do the phones. SL does. In fact, market does cash backup. We just do all the frigging LOG stuff now.

I was wondering when something like this would pop up. So basically instead of salesfloor complaining about flow, we'll just have "essentials" complaining about "style."
Our ETL LOG considers SL apart of flow. So basically he runs the back room and ETL sales floor runs hardlines.

All you gotta do is tell the guest where shit is. That's it really.

No, I admit you guys can zone for shit. No one has time to clear out total sections when we have to push over 3000k boxes in 2 hours.

Instocks will fix empties. Don't flex active product in locations. There are actual locals in stores were the same item has two labels side by side. No one is going to check every single one
I do. I actually spend a chunk of one shift a week checking to make sure labels are right, the cat cans are correct (pink is not a color people), dog food is right, etc.

Awww you don't have time.. But In-Stocks has time to help you fools push a truck and fix your fuck ups?

And what In-Stocks team when this End to End hits your store.. Cause there isn't one.

Rock Lobster its already that way for all the overnight stores that went 4am half the flow team quit before the first 4am truck and they can't staff to save their lives since almost no one wants to work a 4hr shift starting at 4am.. So all the morning dayside people are having to do both and then get yelled at that our primary jobs are not getting done.. And Target management wonders why dayside is jumping ship as well..

My ETL is afraid of what is going to happen, he has all of dayside backroom, pricing, In-Stocks 3/4 of which have expressed that they would quit on the drop of a dime. Six people dropped notice in one week so we all got a talking to about it. Cause this sucks so much and they were lied to so badly about this 4am bullshit.. I took a vacation to use up my time up and he was not happy I had both a LOA and term form and refused to tell him which one I was going to turn in when I got back..

I have no issue with shitty jobs, I am here to take home a paycheck but don't dare lie to me.. And we were lied to.

Wait until 4 am ends. You know who works freight at 6 am unload now? Only those in C & D who were inflexable and the 7 offloaders. Thats in. We went from 20 people in store at 6 am to 9.

The Problem is we are all 4am, (still 4am as well, same as our "Zombie Flow Team" I'll call it. The problem is almost all of us are all 4am for a reason (go to work at 4am you better have a reason). What happens when that is gone.

I see Target trying to create a truckload of "specialized" TMs. I have no doubt that Presentation TMs and Brand TM's (PA's etc, especially included) will find the change the easiest.

What Target is creating is a regular TM that should be get a VAST amount more training than the regular TM in training of old (regardless of department). What Target will eventually create after all the weeding out and performancing out is a huge team of highly trained and hard to replace TM's. Which will realize that they are exactly this, and I foresee unions trying to form.
What happens when that is gone?
Same thing that happened in our store. All those old experienced people you know and trust are gone, replaced with clueless newbs you need to train or people who worked in retail in places like A&F, walmart, kroger, publix etc

Oh, I know. 10 years here. :cool:

I had an end-to-end SLs team member run me down today with a "repack" with literally three things in it - all of which she passed on her way to find me. You're telling me just because you are "only" scheduled to do SLs, that you can't touch anything else in the store anymore? We all have devices. You passed the item. It took a minute or less to put up. We all still work at the same store. If I can help you, why can't you help me? These special teams are only going to give lazy team members an excuse to look the other way if it is "not their area". (And, yes, I realize that team member has their own job to do, but one minute is not going to kill the productivity for the day.)

The answer is 'YES' ;)

Last edited:
Hahaha. My pog team didn't even get to be toy team this year except for our new hire. I did truck five days a week... because we took truck six or seven days a week. I even got stuck on the first double truck I recall. After truck it was seasonal push, backup, cover electronics, and push whatever vehicles had stuff in them from whatever. The problem is that my team is trained to do flow, and does it better from knowing the full life cycle of an item in the store... flow knows how to unload and put stuff on a shelf (hopefully correctly) and maybe pull and backstock. I am trained in more work centers than my etls/stl. Realistically I'm the most cross trained in the store through my own evil genius. Even a good flow tm at my store can't say the same. And most of them get paid more than I do. The playing field isn't even close to even, as I'm asked daily to #supporttheteam but when it's time to hang huge things from 14ft in the air I'm across the store by myself.
Hey, I'll hang 14ft things from the ceiling with you. :p

The karma is already happening to the anti flow people.

Watching people who kept slamming flow lose their hours to them is delicious.

And in this case, the guest doesn't matter. The objective is to fill the floor as effective as possible. Guest will still by stuff no matter what
That is actually not true. Guests will go elsewhere if your zone is shit, if you have ripped open boxes everywhere etc.

Also don't assume flow gets the keep the hours. I agree with Rock lobster, mytime is what is determining things and some of our hours went poof again.

That's also shooting themselves in the foot. I'm all for canning shit TMs, however it'll be a lot harder to teach teach a new TM "everything", especially with less payroll.

Once the entirety of flow and backroom quits due to not wanting to interact with guest, who will have time to train new TMs while trying to complete their own work
I have been in my store for 3 yrs. In that time, everyone who was there before me in Flow and BR is GONE. Some quit, some retired, two got fired. One transfered to a store closer using a favor he got long ago. So the answer is other TMs. Look id you have a Flow team that doesn't want to interact with guest then not only do you have a TM problem, you have a management problem.

Having been a manager before at different company, I have no objection to firing people who don't grasp the concept of working in retail. Its simple, you are there to serve guests needs. That involves push freight to the floor but guess what? That freight is meaningless with out guests.

A store filled with freight and no guests is a set for 'Superstore'

More like out with the smart ones. Everyone's workload will effectively triple.

Plano will have learn the backstock and cashier process

Flow will need to learn the Plano and cashier processes

Salesfloor will need to learn the backroom and flow processes

Everyone will be expected to do more and no one will be compisated money wise for it.

Leaving it's actually the smart thing to do.

Our Plano already does.
Our Flow already does.
Our Salesfloor doesn't exist as it is flow and plano and sl and everyone else who is tm, tl and up
Everyone will be expected to do more and no one will be compensated money wise for it.
How is this different from now? It's not.

I, for one, am looking forward to myTime taking over more of the scheduling. My hours may stop being "reallocated" to another department or tm that is more cozy with the the TL. My 2 week out schedule has twice the number of hours on it than I've seen in 6 months.

That is actually not true. Guests will go elsewhere if your zone is shit, if you have ripped open boxes everywhere etc.

Also don't assume flow gets the keep the hours. I agree with Rock lobster, mytime is what is determining things and some of our hours went poof again.
If that was true no one would shop at Walmart

But it's not

But it's not
People shop at Wal-mart because its artificially cheap. I worked at one in Oklahoma for 3 yrs in Lawn/garden. Me and two others ran the department. I enough options to change prices, salvage items and order stuff. Wal-mart deliberately marks things close to cost to drive sales. Most people will buy a $100 coffee maker for $10 even if it has no box.

We AREN'T WAL-Mart. We have pride in our products and try to offer competitive deals. We try to provide a reason to pay that $100, because the truth is people want the box and the instructions and the free coffee. People actually hate WAl-mart with a passion yet they go be everyone likes free crap. However that is exactly what it is. We are better.

But it's not
I frequently go to other stores to check out how they run softlines. Idk how the Wal-Mart's where you live look, but the stores around me are spotless. Their zones are always green. The difference is, I see more people in their softlines department then I close with on a Friday.

Around me Wal-Mart has invested heavily in making sure that their zone is green, shelves are stocked, and now I've seen them calling backup cashiers! One thing we beat them at though is guest service...for now.

Meh... at least it's koolaid-lite.

Nothing wrong with having a 'lil pride in your work/place of employment!

Nope but when the process takes that away from you not much you can be proud of.

and you watch your hours go to people who leave trash, and just backstock anything they don't understand its hard to be proud of where you work and who work with..

yeas,,, my elt-log said he was working on the new schedule that starts may 14th.
that i will be pushing dry grocery in addition to pfresh. I hope that get rid of the closing shift and make it 12 noon to 8:30 PM.

Uh oh. ETL-LOG wants to meet with the Plano team and me on Friday, either this has to do with our upcoming remodel(s) or its the death of Presentation Team :(

At my old store our Plano team was a huge part of the remodel and all will be getting 40 hours until remodel is done.

The omen though is that we have had two plano members get new jobs and neither has been replaced

Our last remodel (a year ago) we WERE the remodel team our etl-ap was etl-remodel and Flow-TL+Plano TL were our remodel TL's. (we got that far ahead, but it was E&E/Self Checkout/Optical(LOL)). This year it is Home Innovation and A&A 2.0, which i think will be it's own beast (In 4 weeks). My Plano team consists of 3 people... One is named Style, the other Hardlines, and the last Grocery.

Not their real names, just getting used to this.

Back