MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

At my old store our Plano team was a huge part of the remodel and all will be getting 40 hours until remodel is done.

The omen though is that we have had two plano members get new jobs and neither has been replaced

The Funny part is, if they gut us now, who the hell is going to be at our store for remodel? (We ran it ourselves last year (E&E, Optical, Self Checkout)... this year is A&A 2.0, Home Innovation, and Starbucks 10yr

The Funny part is, if they gut us now, who the hell is going to be at our store for remodel? (We ran it ourselves last year (E&E, Optical, Self Checkout)... this year is A&A 2.0, Home Innovation, and Starbucks 10yr
I'm looking forward to the process unfolding before our October remodel. My team hates overnights, tl can't handle more than a few in a row. I'm planning on putting on my rose colored glasses and drinking koolaid til I puke. Might just get me benched if I play my cards right until then.
We already know. I'm tempted to put my Leadership on notice that the first time some kid/idiot hurts himself with the ladder I had to ditch on the floor to back up the lanes, when trying to set low walls or the WAVE, that it is not on me.
I don't ever ditch ladders, I respond that I can be up as soon as its secure. Usually someone else gets called up instead. If I'm on the wav or the fixture room ladder that's my response, and they know it means I'm not available.

I know for sure our Plano team knows how to do their own pulls and backstocking. Now getting them to actually *do* it instead of backroom getting stuck doing it...that's another thing entirely. ;)
Pulling is under plano workload, but under large transitions it makes sense to have someone else pull (that whole time spent pulling means many empty selves. Backstocking is the exact opposite.w

I'm looking forward to the process unfolding before our October remodel. My team hates overnights, tl can't handle more than a few in a row. I'm planning on putting on my rose colored glasses and drinking koolaid til I puke. Might just get me benched if I play my cards right until then.

I don't ever ditch ladders, I respond that I can be up as soon as its secure. Usually someone else gets called up instead. If I'm on the wav or the fixture room ladder that's my response, and they know it means I'm not available.

Unfortunately, I feel we are in a position where even if we play our cards perfectly, we will find ourselves even more irreplaceable until the waters settle (however long, and if they even do). Which means it would be more productive to have someone else promoted to TL rather than an irreplaceable person (I include Receiver's here).

I have no clue what ETL/TL we will fall under. That will be the interesting part. I am guessing VML, which should lead to me quitting :D

We are in the awkward pre-teen years right now. I can tell that the end product will (hopefully) end in Target evening out the transitions and revisions by major department first (Grocery, Essentials, and Style) and then week to week after that (Grocery WK1 workload is equal to WK2).

After that, I would guess Target would change the expectations of how we manage transitions as a whole. Palletized freight will allow for palletized transitions as well. I am guessing they will be able to tell us an expected ship date of a given transition so we can just set it ahead of time and the new product could go straight from truck to shelf...

We are in the awkward pre-teen years right now. I can tell that the end product will (hopefully) end in Target evening out the transitions and revisions by major department first (Grocery, Essentials, and Style) and then week to week after that (Grocery WK1 workload is equal to WK2).

After that, I would guess Target would change the expectations of how we manage transitions as a whole. Palletized freight will allow for palletized transitions as well. I am guessing they will be able to tell us an expected ship date of a given transition so we can just set it ahead of time and the new product could go straight from truck to shelf...

You would think, that it would be smarter to organize this, and then communicate it before hand however.

Both of which have not happened.

and we are quickly coming into our grand quarters of transitions.

You would think, that it would be smarter to organize this, and then communicate it before hand however.

Both of which have not happened.

and we are quickly coming into our grand quarters of transitions.

In all seriousness, its dependent upon a few factors that are obvious obstacles to just pulling the trigger on the major changes. The domino that needs to be knocked over to kick this all off is palletized freight/eaches replenishment. Once that falls over, the rest will follow shortly. Without it, your org charts will continue to require an ETL-LOG, and this position is vital to the transition to a department based structure.

The more i think of it an ETL-Style who owns, Softlines and FE, an ETL Essentials who runs Hardlines, Plano, and Pricing, and an ETL-Grocery w
In all seriousness, its dependent upon a few factors that are obvious obstacles to just pulling the trigger on the major changes. The domino that needs to be knocked over to kick this all off is palletized freight/eaches replenishment. Once that falls over, the rest will follow shortly. Without it, your org charts will continue to require an ETL-LOG, and this position is vital to the transition to a department based structure.

But to organize that process, which for many, seems like it will start during our highest Transition/Freight times. Which to me feels like a terrible time to start something new. It will look as though our actual E2E time frame will start two weeks after we actually set BTS/BTC (Every bit as busy here as Christmas, I am A volume and SuperFreaky). I would think that to do this correctly, the best time to roll this out would be exactly after the new year, when it is slow for everybody.

The more i think of it an ETL-Style who owns, Softlines and FE, an ETL Essentials who runs Hardlines, Plano, and Pricing, and an ETL-Grocery w

But to organize that process, which for many, seems like it will start during our highest Transition/Freight times. Which to me feels like a terrible time to start something new. It will look as though our actual E2E time frame will start two weeks after we actually set BTS/BTC (Every bit as busy here as Christmas, I am A volume and SuperFreaky). I would think that to do this correctly, the best time to roll this out would be exactly after the new year, when it is slow for everybody.

Yes but due to the nature of the unload, it is happening slowly instead. This is probably better as a true E2E has more processes happening during the day. Instead of ripping the rug out from under us and leaving most stores with likely 30+ hiring needs, we are doing it in stages. We are going to have to hire for times we have never tried to really staff this heavily for (instead of 30+ people at 4AM).

Yes but due to the nature of the unload, it is happening slowly instead. This is probably better as a true E2E has more processes happening during the day. Instead of ripping the rug out from under us and leaving most stores with likely 30+ hiring needs, we are doing it in stages. We are going to have to hire for times we have never tried to really staff this heavily for (instead of 30+ people at 4AM).

While not fully ripping the legs out from under us however, they are taking away the chance to roll the rug UNDER the people we do hire, to learn this process. In return all of us still standing on the rug will then find it ripped out from under us, trying to complete the processes demanded of us.

That or while trying to teach the newbies.

30+ at 4 AM and NO equipment !!

So i've heard Electronics is going end to end next. We currently have Market and Soft lines. Anyone have info on that? I'm currently a SrTL who was moved out of owning market + other departments, to owning toys + electronics + other departments, so I'm wondering what to expect. I didnt see anything in this thread so if it's been mentioned, let me know where!

This would utilize truck space more efficiently too. In my opinion palletized freight that goes straight to the BR is still a waste. Unless you have storage pods (hint: you shouldn't except in Q4), you can probably only get pallets about 6'-6' 6" tall in your steel space. The truck is, say 8' tall for max pallet height. I can get 26 pallets on a truck, giving me a max of about 2800 cubic feet of freight. Reducing pallet height to 6' 6" is a minimum 20% reduction in possible freight when palletized, a near 33% reduction from our current loading strategy. If your DC is far, imagine the trucking costs. I can see the test stores be in districts closest to DC's.

So i've heard Electronics is going end to end next. We currently have Market and Soft lines. Anyone have info on that? I'm currently a SrTL who was moved out of owning market + other departments, to owning toys + electronics + other departments, so I'm wondering what to expect. I didnt see anything in this thread so if it's been mentioned, let me know where!

I heard Electronics and Cosmetics are next as well, but have yet to see anything on it

It really depends on what your DTL expects. We're doing it in Electronics and Cosmetics right now, but not grocery or softlines. And the Electronics TM still isn't setting revisions or doing pricing (or doing much pulling or backstocking).

This would utilize truck space more efficiently too. In my opinion palletized freight that goes straight to the BR is still a waste. Unless you have storage pods (hint: you shouldn't except in Q4), you can probably only get pallets about 6'-6' 6" tall in your steel space. The truck is, say 8' tall for max pallet height. I can get 26 pallets on a truck, giving me a max of about 2800 cubic feet of freight. Reducing pallet height to 6' 6" is a minimum 20% reduction in possible freight when palletized, a near 33% reduction from our current loading strategy. If your DC is far, imagine the trucking costs. I can see the test stores be in districts closest to DC's.
You can put pallets as tall as you want in the upper steel and you can easily reconfigure the steel to allow for 8 foot pallets at ground level. Plus you can have smaller pallets stacked together to better utilize trailer space but easily separate in the backroom.

Touché @SFSFun. Guess I never even thought about lowering the top shelf of the steel, that's so easy to do (in terms of it being a one time thing, that is). It'll be interesting to see this unfold. I'm only one day a week now but I'm hoping I can see some of these changes roll out

Uh oh. ETL-LOG wants to meet with the Plano team and me on Friday, either this has to do with our upcoming remodel(s) or its the death of Presentation Team :(

My team was given the talk today.

Eventually Plano will get dissolved. Target will hire teams for each section of the store. These teams will be cross trained to do Planograms.

So eventually, Plano team will be a thing of the past.

I disagree with it, but it is what it is.

Forgive my ignorance but is there some reason why they can't train the current crop of TMs for this during this realignment of dept duties?

Well, that's the plan. But from what I understand it'll roll out over a period of months / a year.

In my store it's rolling out slowly, cause they have to train and hire people.

Forgive my ignorance but is there some reason why they can't train the current crop of TMs for this during this realignment of dept duties?
Most of these new models require more tms at times we've rarely needed people, and the current tms may not be enough or have availability to meet the new needs.

Its not slow for plano until march. After the new year we're putting the store back together after Christmas tore it up..

Nope but when the process takes that away from you not much you can be proud of.

and you watch your hours go to people who leave trash, and just backstock anything they don't understand its hard to be proud of where you work and who work with..
True.

yeas,,, my elt-log said he was working on the new schedule that starts may 14th.
that i will be pushing dry grocery in addition to pfresh. I hope that get rid of the closing shift and make it 12 noon to 8:30 PM.
Unless you are busy in the morning, you want to push dry grocery in the morning. but that is me.

Back