MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

Flats get slid under some of the lower set up steel racks off a main aisle so they can easily accessed but these U-boats we had to clear a section out to park them since we are that tight for space.

And carts for backstock? Yeah you better have them cleared out by 8am cause between the flats, tubs and 3-tiers there is no damn room in the back for carts and guests need them. Also we don't have enough hours right now for a cart attendant so you better have every single one you can cram in the corral for guests cause no one in reality is going to get carts for a while.. Only the kiddie and disabled scooters are going to be gathered up from the lot til the CA gets in.

You gave me an idea for Flat's that have retractable fronts, to form MegaU-Boats.

If this has already been addressed, sorry. There are 40+ pages now.

When completed how many end to end teams will there be? I'm aware of Market and Style.

This will entirely depend on your volume. Higher volumes have more teams. I think it starts with three teams at the lowest volume and works its way up from there.

This will entirely depend on your volume. Higher volumes have more teams. I think it starts with three teams at the lowest volume and works its way up from there.
I'd say that's correct. We are a high volume store and we started with softlines. Next was cosmetics. Next up will be electronics, from what I hear.

We got ours today and the PMT was assembling them so we can use them on Friday's truck. But they are way longer than any of us were expecting them to be.

The Flow TL already redid the custom blocks for grocery so it all goes to the back side of the line, but these just aren't gonna work there because we have backstock pallets against the steel and the uboats will be right against those pallets. Those cardboard holders just stick out too far. It would be better if they were facing the inside of the uboat.

The other problem is where the fuck are we supposed to store them? We could put them by the grocery valleys in the main stockroom...but then where are we supposed to put the tubs that are there now? We could take off a handle and put them under the steel...except every space with the steel high enough off the ground is currently used to store the flats.

It will if you stop scanning for backstock during the unload.

It will if you stop scanning for backstock during the unload.
That's not going to happen at my store...

We leave ours parked along the line itself once SL is finished and Grocery is finished. They remain assembled.
That's what we've been doing so far. I guess it works, but it's taking up space we were using for bulk stuff needing to be backstocked (paper, water, furniture, etc.). So now we have pallets of backstock all over the place for the first couple of hours after the unload.

Has anybody been told anything about same process as groceries happening with HBA soon?

I work at a Super Target A volume store in Colorado.

So far there has been already changes with Groceries, Dairy, Frozen,Produce and Softlines. Some TM use to work with Flow (4am) now they come at different times like around 6am and 8am.

Last Wednesday at a huddle we had we were told that there's still changes to be done. Soon HBA was going to change like Groceries did, more focus on Guest Service, and that we might possibly start getting trucks during the day. The ETL mentioned for example some might even come at 10am. Can't remember much about what she said but said something about this happening this and in 2018.

In my store, we are already doing it to Grocery, Softlines and now in Electronics and Cosmetics.

I don't know about getting trucks in the morning tho.

Fastest since you don't read anything just shove shit out anywhere and expect to scoop out the most hours and leave the crumbs to who actually has to know what they are doing to fix your crap. What a way to team build.. And you wonder why anyone who isn't flow looks at you like shit on their shoes? That quote above of yours.. Right there..

It's ok you will learn that the world isn't always going to treat you like the special snowflake you think you are.. And there are a lot more than four of us..

Good ol Bosch, bagging on flow again...

We're a low volume with a pfresh. We have a market and a style team now. But flow and back room are still active.

Has anybody been told anything about same process as groceries happening with HBA soon?

So far there has been already changes with Groceries, Dairy, Frozen,Produce and Softlines. Some TM use to work with Flow (4am) now they come at different times like around 6am and 8am.

Last Wednesday at a huddle we had we were told that there's still changes to be done. Soon HBA was going to change like Groceries did, more focus on Guest Service, and that we might possibly start getting trucks during the day. The ETL mentioned for example some might even come at 10am. Can't remember much about what she said but said something about this happening this and in 2018.
Right now any changes seem to be based on what your DTL wants to see. At my store, we have rolled out parts of it in Electronics and Cosmetics only. Those changes came per our DTL's direction.

As for taking trucks during the day, that is still a long way out because it will require remodeling the DCs to be able to accommodate a different method of replenishment.

Ours happened all at once. 1) HBA and chem will stop being waved and bowled. TMs will be assigned valleys to handle and then they will be responsible for the entirety of those valleys. Some, those with open or near open availabilty, will be scheduled later.

Eventually from what I understand you will have a skeleton crew to offload and it will be staged for TMs to work while the guests roam about so we can greet them while stocking.

Ours happened all at once. 1) HBA and chem will stop being waved and bowled. TMs will be assigned valleys to handle and then they will be responsible for the entirety of those valleys. Some, those with open or near open availabilty, will be scheduled later.

Eventually from what I understand you will have a skeleton crew to offload and it will be staged for TMs to work while the guests roam about so we can greet them while stocking.
Like Walmart, except for the greeting part!

My store has been full on End 2 End for a few weeks now. No more instocks, backroom, plano, pricing, or flow. Everyone is now scheduled under hardlines or softlines with a designated area responsible for all these tasks. The majority are scheduled 6am or 8am with a few mids coming in at 11am. We have a small team coming in at 5am (4 or 5 TMs) to unload the truck. Everyone is responsible for working their portion of the truck, doing pulls for their area and completing backstock. As far as pricing goes there just isn't enough time to do the mark downs so we are way behind. There is a ton of unmarked clearance throughout the store not to mention price change batches not even getting pulled. I was a dayside backroom TM but I've been moved to closing hardlines zoning, doing reshop and back up cashier. There are definitely A LOT of kinks to be worked out here and ultimately I think this process is going to fail it's just not making any sense right now. No one is pulling cafs through out the day we've been told to just let them roll into the autofills the following day so they can get pulled in the morning. To be blunt this shit blows there are a lot of unhappy people here no one really knows what's going on. It's kind of just come in to work and be ready to do whatever you're asked. Just a heads up if you're comfortable with your position at Target right now get ready to adapt or it may be time for a new job.

To follow up the TLs for Backroom/Instocks and Plano/Pricing have also been given designated areas they are responsible for, as well as the couple of hardlines and softlines TLs we have. It almost seems like they aren't even leaders anymore spending most of their time working the truck and backstocking like everyone else.

To follow up the TLs for Backroom/Instocks and Plano/Pricing have also been given designated areas they are responsible for, as well as the couple of hardlines and softlines TLs we have. It almost seems like they aren't even leaders anymore spending most of their time working the truck and backstocking like everyone else.

Who is doing your new releases? Who is resetting the TV wall? And who sorts your signing? Sorry so many questions.

Who is doing your new releases? Who is resetting the TV wall? And who sorts your signing? Sorry so many questions.

That is the question like so much with spot they never actually work out how its done and just toss it to the stores to figure out. Which I get is fine for strong stores that have a solid process and do well, which if they are solid why fuck with them. But shaky stores they are trying to hang on and then you upend them, that isn't going to do them any favors.

And with having these uboats on the floor all day, guests in my store already hate it. The comment cards are already rolling in that they hate it take up to much room and this shit is why I don't shop at Wal-Mart.. I get my store is only one in a snotty upscale area but it doesn't bode well for us..

Article on the Motley Fool today about Target today. 3 Signs Target Needs New Management. As I was reading all I could think of was this E2E fiasco. And it is a fiasco. It is an idea that is being implemented without being fully vetted. You cannot have success in all sized stores with this. Bottom line IMO is that Target is trying to find a way to improve the bottom line. The biggest was to do that is get rid of benefits for everyone over 30 hours, You simply do that by removing the group that is over thirty hours. Take a bow E2E. Target has tried to be everything to everyone for too long. Take a cue from Costco. Know your demographic and cater to THEM. Your base will grow because of your reputation. They miss the simple things that make a store productive. Working equipment comes to mind. How much time and money is wasted because of our fisher price equipment? Hiring straight of college ETLs is a drain on our bottom line. We train them and within 3 years they have moved on to better hours, better working conditions and better responsibilities. There are so many other day to day things that with some attention could have been fixed, At this point Target is just another discount retailer, nothing more.

@DaveHorton how do TMs pulling batches handle it when they get items that are clearly not for their area (even though it shares a fillgroup)? Like kitchen items in the PLAS batch or candles in the STAT batch?

Do they push it anyway, give it to the TM in that area, burn it, etc?

Over the years I've known a few business owners of small to mid-size companies. One thing that I saw that made an impression is when a company's starting wage was a couple dollars above the norm and they weren't afraid to let people go when they didn't work out (always within the first 90 days, if you stayed after that you were a good fit) they were staffed with quality people. I worked for one company like this and I really took a lot of pride in my work there because I knew it was valued.

I think Target would do better to start fixing things from the ground up by paying better. Not crazy but a few dollars above minimum so it's considered a better job. People value a job where the pay is good and typically work hard to keep it, which equals quality + low turnover. Cull the herd of the non producers and only then are you on your way to a real team that works. Target will always struggle under the high turnover rate of minimum wage. If they want quality stores they need all quality tms.

They think changing the process will fix things and it does seem like a decent idea. But if they also worked on building a team of employees who work with pride for a company that cleary values them they would see huge benefits.

Over the years I've known a few business owners of small to mid-size companies. One thing that I saw that made an impression is when a company's starting wage was a couple dollars above the norm and they weren't afraid to let people go when they didn't work out (always within the first 90 days, if you stayed after that you were a good fit) they were staffed with quality people. I worked for one company like this and I really took a lot of pride in my work there because I knew it was valued.

I think Target would do better to start fixing things from the ground up by paying better. Not crazy but a few dollars above minimum so it's considered a better job. People value a job where the pay is good and typically work hard to keep it, which equals quality + low turnover. Cull the herd of the non producers and only then are you on your way to a real team that works. Target will always struggle under the high turnover rate of minimum wage. If they want quality stores they need all quality tms.

They think changing the process will fix things and it does seem like a decent idea. But if they also worked on building a team of employees who work with pride for a company that cleary values them they would see huge benefits.

I think this roll out will "Cull the Herd" on non-producers actually quite well... Whether it means they can be replaced by New TM's who are willing to put up with all the new crap/training, for the pay they receive I am skeptical. If this DOES work out I can see Payroll being cut dramatically, while TM pay being raised. (This is what I see being the best ultimate outcome, and knowing Target, I can say I don't expect this).

Back