MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

That is the question like so much with spot they never actually work out how its done and just toss it to the stores to figure out. Which I get is fine for strong stores that have a solid process and do well, which if they are solid why fuck with them. But shaky stores they are trying to hang on and then you upend them, that isn't going to do them any favors.

And with having these uboats on the floor all day, guests in my store already hate it. The comment cards are already rolling in that they hate it take up to much room and this shit is why I don't shop at Wal-Mart.. I get my store is only one in a snotty upscale area but it doesn't bode well for us..

Right, again though we have to remember this is NOT the future replenishment model. It is a hybrid they are settling for until the true replenishment model is up and running. It sucks right now, but the purpose is to at least allow your store to start hiring and training (or moving 4am or O/N TMs to dayside) to staff the future model. Our current system is VERY difficult to work dayside as we will have to sort it ourselves in receiving (with limited space) and a majority of our product is in cases (which means tons of trash and backstock being generated). It also means things like repacks need to be sorted, leading to carts throughout the store as well.

I have said this a few times, but remember the end goal here. Stores will be receiving their freight pre-sorted and mostly open stock. Freight will look like running pulls more than how freight looks today. The current system is just a make-shift version to allow us to staff our stores more appropriately when the time comes (instead of hiring a brand new team all at once).

Right, again though we have to remember this is NOT the future replenishment model. It is a hybrid they are settling for until the true replenishment model is up and running. It sucks right now, but the purpose is to at least allow your store to start hiring and training (or moving 4am or O/N TMs to dayside) to staff the future model. Our current system is VERY difficult to work dayside as we will have to sort it ourselves in receiving (with limited space) and a majority of our product is in cases (which means tons of trash and backstock being generated). It also means things like repacks need to be sorted, leading to carts throughout the store as well.

I have said this a few times, but remember the end goal here. Stores will be receiving their freight pre-sorted and mostly open stock. Freight will look like running pulls more than how freight looks today. The current system is just a make-shift version to allow us to staff our stores more appropriately when the time comes (instead of hiring a brand new team all at once).

Running Black Friday size pulls, everyday.

My AA store is getting a 2200 case 200 Repack (2400) truck tomorrow, since February, this has been the average, I would be willing to say that there are 7-9 people scheduled specifically for truck (not C&S), the rest is all of us Plano/Pricing

Last edited:
Running Black Friday size pulls, everyday.

My AA store is getting a 2200 case 200 Repack (2400) truck tomorrow, since February, this has been the average, I would be willing to say that there are 7-9 people scheduled specifically for truck (not C&S), the rest is all of us Plano/Pricing

Correct, again the future will not really be "cases" and "repacks" like that as far as I can tell. AA store is taking 7-8 RDCs a week right now? You will likely be taking multiple trucks a day but partially that size on the new models. There is no sorting on the line, no sorting repacks, no breaking out softlines... no backstocking, theoretically no CAFs or Autofills... its vastly different than a 2200 piece truck currently that needs mostly done by 8AM because of how big of a mess we have to make to get it unloaded, sorted, broken out, cardboard taken care of, backstocked, pulls worked etc...

Correct, again the future will not really be "cases" and "repacks" like that as far as I can tell. AA store is taking 7-8 RDCs a week right now? You will likely be taking multiple trucks a day but partially that size on the new models. There is no sorting on the line, no sorting repacks, no breaking out softlines... no backstocking, theoretically no CAFs or Autofills... its vastly different than a 2200 piece truck currently that needs mostly done by 8AM because of how big of a mess we have to make to get it unloaded, sorted, broken out, cardboard taken care of, backstocked, pulls worked etc...

I understand that it was/is a mess, but would I be wrong if I said it was mess created when Target started their new earlier/later (depending on how you see it) unload times?.

I see all the payroll from stores, that was taken away from the Logistics 4am/overnight processes and repaid into DC's (Less work for us in the store, but from a DC point of view I could see it being much more).

Then we get to the fact of transportation, and what multiple trucks a day can cost.. I am guessing 100 dollars (more, but its probably much higher than this) a day, which I bet is a lot more than Target was spending for a full Overnight shift, for the extra $$ for an overnight flow team.

Then you can get to Safety. Corporate wide, Target will probably have 33% (this is a major guess) more trucks a day on the road than before, which means more than likely a 33% increase in accident's with a Target Truck and therefore lawsuits.

Then you can get into Guest/TM safety. We got our U-boats two weeks ago, and I have seen plenty of TM's (including myself) almost barrel into a guest or another TM.

Last edited:
@DaveHorton how do TMs pulling batches handle it when they get items that are clearly not for their area (even though it shares a fillgroup)? Like kitchen items in the PLAS batch or candles in the STAT batch?

Do they push it anyway, give it to the TM in that area, burn it, etc?
We just decide who pulls the certain batch. Take BB03 for example. If I'm done with my other SL batches I'll pull BB03 and either give the stuff for infant hardliners to the essentials TM or I'll just push it Myself if I'm heading that way. Same with stat, hipa, and plas. We typically just decide whose pulling what depending on how big the pulls are for each area.

Target TMs don't drive Target trucks.

It Doesn't matter, Who is driving the truck. The Container is Target Property, as well as everything Inside. If someone gets into an accident with a Truck (and its the truck's fault) with the Target Logo plastered on it, who do you think gets sued first? (Ei, who has more money, a corporation or the Truck Driver).

It Doesn't matter, Who is driving the truck. The Container is Target Property, as well as everything Inside. If someone gets into an accident with a Truck (and its the truck's fault) with the Target Logo plastered on it, who do you think gets sued first? (Ei, who has more money, a corporation or the Truck Driver).

Target does not have their own fleet of trucks. They have their own trailers and pay a carrier (usually hogan or swift) to deliver them to stores.

My biggest bitch right now is the total lack of communication. We have team members who have no clue whats happening to their hours, TLs who have no clue where they fit in the grand scheme.All we continually hear is "its a work in progress" "no one is losing their job" I call BullSh$t on that. These people know who they want where 6 months in advance of everything. Just own up to it

My biggest bitch right now is the total lack of communication. We have team members who have no clue whats happening to their hours, TLs who have no clue where they fit in the grand scheme.All we continually hear is "its a work in progress" "no one is losing their job" I call BullSh$t on that. These people know who they want where 6 months in advance of everything. Just own up to it
Never gonna happen. I've got two pog tm with 15hrs on the schedule they just wrote. In the middle of the pusher install for the grocery changes. Shenanigans.

Sadly I believe there is a c- suite big picture and some of us won't be a part of it. Training, loyalty, performance can all be argued to the last fare-thee-well but at the end of the day store level employees -we just don't matter. Retail is being overhauled and the agile and unsentimental survive. Excludes me by the way.
Sentimental. Or just mental w sediment ;)

We don't have e2e yet but market is about to start doing their own thing and pricing and softlines has been changed around. As a BRTM I've read here about the elimination of the position. I got a new job partially due to this and mentioned it on my two week notice. My ETL claims backroom will always have hours maybe just a little less like 110 instead of 140. I'm pretty sure he's wrong.

Yup. At my store they're about to start going after the tms without wide open availability (and haven't yet told them that...), but what do they expect with low pay and part time hours? Even ignoring the people with kids, going to school, or having medical or personal reasons to need certain days or times of days off, many tms need to pencil in a second job just to pay the bills. And its happened more than once here that others seem to hear about someone's fate within the company before that person does. Everything is so awkwardly haphazard right now.

To follow up the TLs for Backroom/Instocks and Plano/Pricing have also been given designated areas they are responsible for, as well as the couple of hardlines and softlines TLs we have. It almost seems like they aren't even leaders anymore spending most of their time working the truck and backstocking like everyone else.
Yep, that sounds about right. Expect we still have elderly price change people who do that for us.

We don't have e2e yet but market is about to start doing their own thing and pricing and softlines has been changed around. As a BRTM I've read here about the elimination of the position. I got a new job partially due to this and mentioned it on my two week notice. My ETL claims backroom will always have hours maybe just a little less like 110 instead of 140. I'm pretty sure he's wrong.
He is very much wrong because his position will vanish too. (unless he is moved to essential, grocery or style)

Dying to know what you people think "elderly" is. :D
50+ with limited mobility or hours or both. My store has 9 people that are this way 5 who are 50+ with full range and two developmentally disabled people.

Back