MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

The Funny part is, if they gut us now, who the hell is going to be at our store for remodel? (We ran it ourselves last year (E&E, Optical, Self Checkout)... this year is A&A 2.0, Home Innovation, and Starbucks 10yr
Yours isn't going away. The joy of 'You figure it out and we will pick what works' is that this might be what works for you. I just feel sorry for the 65 stores around me. Thats all.

My team was given the talk today.

Eventually Plano will get dissolved. Target will hire teams for each section of the store. These teams will be cross trained to do Planograms.

So eventually, Plano team will be a thing of the past.

I disagree with it, but it is what it is.
Some of your Flow, salesfloor and BR Tms are already being selected. At ours, they only hired a few new TMs to fill (ie furniture and bedding etc) and the TLs.

Sort to aisle (and sort the stuff you get accidentally) stock, backstock (using the incomprehensible system) scan for outs, help guests and backup cashier. For the same pay. I'll be thinking that over.
You think that is interesting. Our ETL-log got tired of fixing the BR products the teams were creating so he did a walk through to explain in detail the procedures. One was to stop using the mydevices for BR (damn) and logging out when we hand off the pdas. Because you can't punish someone if everyone uses one log in.

Also reminded to not over fill wacos and etc

You think that is interesting. Our ETL-log got tired of fixing the BR products the teams were creating so he did a walk through to explain in detail the procedures. One was to stop using the mydevices for BR (damn) and logging out when we hand off the pdas. Because you can't punish someone if everyone uses one log in.

Also reminded to not over fill wacos and etc

MyDevices + Rando Team Members in the Backroom are the worst possible combination. The errors this combo has created, will create and prolly creating as I type are legendary.

MyDevices + Rando Team Members in the Backroom are the worst possible combination. The errors this combo has created, will create and prolly creating as I type are legendary.
Random TMs not knowing what they're doing I could see being issues, obviously; but what is so bad about myDevices in the back room? Forgetting to hit take and re-STOing something doubling it up or?

Random TMs not knowing what they're doing I could see being issues, obviously; but what is so bad about myDevices in the back room? Forgetting to hit take and re-STOing something doubling it up or?
Because a myDevice is so much more user friendly than a PDA. TMs might think they know what they're doing be be completely wrong.

Because a myDevice is so much more user friendly than a PDA. TMs might think they know what they're doing be be completely wrong.
So just increased likelihood of user error. Nothing inherently wrong with it so no real reason for me to switch to subt/STO since I generally have both anyway.

I have been with this company for a long time. This will be my last year. I cannot stomach the changes that they are making. We are doing e2e in softlines and market. They do not pull their own items. They do not backstock, They do not back up cashier.So far it is a colossal failure. Market has been doing this for almost a year now and they just can't get it done. I was excited about the focus on the guest but this shit is just ridiculous. One size just does not fit all. Smaller stores could do this. AA and higher its a flipping nightmare. I just can't do it anymore

I have been with this company for a long time. This will be my last year. I cannot stomach the changes that they are making. We are doing e2e in softlines and market. They do not pull their own items. They do not backstock, They do not back up cashier.So far it is a colossal failure. Market has been doing this for almost a year now and they just can't get it done. I was excited about the focus on the guest but this shit is just ridiculous. One size just does not fit all. Smaller stores could do this. AA and higher its a flipping nightmare. I just can't do it anymore

Yes, I have seen the Grocery Operating Model at higher volumes, and I would generally agree its a huge mess. A large Super Target, specifically thinking of Q4, is going to be taking 2-4 doubles a week, and you will average 4-5 u-boats FULL per aisle in Grocery. They will not have time to sort them well on the line and most stores at these volumes have space contrained backrooms. They are not going to have tons of space to stage these things and will be forced to work them before 8AM and probably bowl them out or work them all day.

Its a waiting out the clock situation though. You can tell the changes of today will work once eaches replenishment and palletized freight comes down, but until then we are stuck using an outdated process with some new parts not meshing well together.

We just got the Uboats have nowhere to put the damn things.. They had to clear pallet space to park the stupid things.. They are going to roll this out in market first to see if it works, which it won't. We don't get the staff to work it for a AA volume, hell we don't get coverage all day..

We just got the Uboats have nowhere to put the damn things.. They had to clear pallet space to park the stupid things.. They are going to roll this out in market first to see if it works, which it won't. We don't get the staff to work it for a AA volume, hell we don't get coverage all day..

Just use them as mini-flats IMO, bowl grocery and you get to keep all your receiving space :)

We got ours today and the PMT was assembling them so we can use them on Friday's truck. But they are way longer than any of us were expecting them to be.

The Flow TL already redid the custom blocks for grocery so it all goes to the back side of the line, but these just aren't gonna work there because we have backstock pallets against the steel and the uboats will be right against those pallets. Those cardboard holders just stick out too far. It would be better if they were facing the inside of the uboat.

The other problem is where the fuck are we supposed to store them? We could put them by the grocery valleys in the main stockroom...but then where are we supposed to put the tubs that are there now? We could take off a handle and put them under the steel...except every space with the steel high enough off the ground is currently used to store the flats.

our uboats only have one end with a handle and we store them pushed under the steel (the other handle is hung up somewhere in the BR, but never get used). We have enough room for all our flats and all our uboats under the steel though (at a superspot).

If this has already been addressed, sorry. There are 40+ pages now.

When completed how many end to end teams will there be? I'm aware of Market and Style.

If this has already been addressed, sorry. There are 40+ pages now.

When completed how many end to end teams will there be? I'm aware of Market and Style.
We have 5 teams. 1 a/b, 1 c/d, 1 e/f, 1 grocery, 1 style/soft lines. I don't know if this is how it's going to be when it's all said and done but this is how we are doing it currently. We have 1 TL for each area in HL and 2 TLs in soft lines.

The other problem is where the fuck are we supposed to store them? We could put them by the grocery valleys in the main stockroom...but then where are we supposed to put the tubs that are there now? We could take off a handle and put them under the steel...except every space with the steel high enough off the ground is currently used to store the flats.

You keep your flats under tall parts of the steel? Why?? We keep them pushed underneath the lowest steel areas- the areas where the lowest steel "shelf" is like 8" from the ground, so the flat itself (the wooden part) is under the steel and we just have the handles sticking out.

I feel like I have to be reading your post wrong, otherwise it sounds like you guys are losing a TON of space by keeping your flats out all the time.

But yea- we're having the storage problem as well. We've been short on space for a while, so yes, let's add more vehicles that we TOTALLY don't need! Uboats are cool for new/boxes freight but my STL also seems to like them for loose stock and backstock...everything falls off. I don't understand lol

You keep your flats under tall parts of the steel? Why?? We keep them pushed underneath the lowest steel areas- the areas where the lowest steel "shelf" is like 8" from the ground, so the flat itself (the wooden part) is under the steel and we just have the handles sticking out.

I feel like I have to be reading your post wrong, otherwise it sounds like you guys are losing a TON of space by keeping your flats out all the time.

But yea- we're having the storage problem as well. We've been short on space for a while, so yes, let's add more vehicles that we TOTALLY don't need! Uboats are cool for new/boxes freight but my STL also seems to like them for loose stock and backstock...everything falls off. I don't understand lol
I think you are reading it wrong...I think he does mean those parts where the shelf is 8" off the ground. That's what we do too.

Do you guys use 3 tiers? We use those for most loose stock and backstock. Or shopping carts for overnight backstock (so they are empty and back up front by opening time).

I think you are reading it wrong...I think he does mean those parts where the shelf is 8" off the ground. That's what we do too.

Do you guys use 3 tiers? We use those for most loose stock and backstock. Or shopping carts for overnight backstock (so they are empty and back up front by opening time).

Flats get slid under some of the lower set up steel racks off a main aisle so they can easily accessed but these U-boats we had to clear a section out to park them since we are that tight for space.

And carts for backstock? Yeah you better have them cleared out by 8am cause between the flats, tubs and 3-tiers there is no damn room in the back for carts and guests need them. Also we don't have enough hours right now for a cart attendant so you better have every single one you can cram in the corral for guests cause no one in reality is going to get carts for a while.. Only the kiddie and disabled scooters are going to be gathered up from the lot til the CA gets in.

Yeah maybe I didn't explain it well enough. Our steel is either set on the very lowest level (meaning you can't put anything under it), or it's just a couple of notches up (which is enough room to slide the flats under it).

Flats get slid under some of the lower set up steel racks off a main aisle so they can easily accessed but these U-boats we had to clear a section out to park them since we are that tight for space.

And carts for backstock? Yeah you better have them cleared out by 8am cause between the flats, tubs and 3-tiers there is no damn room in the back for carts and guests need them. Also we don't have enough hours right now for a cart attendant so you better have every single one you can cram in the corral for guests cause no one in reality is going to get carts for a while.. Only the kiddie and disabled scooters are going to be gathered up from the lot til the CA gets in.

We always have a CA during open hours, so no worries there. The only time I've ever seen us run out of carts was during Xmas. But the backstock is cleaned up by opening, every day, so no worries. We use regular shopping carts for cardboard, backstock, or anything else really. They are always back up front by opening. We generally have enough room for all our carts and vehicles in the back. No "extra" room really, but enough room to store just about everything.

Back