MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

Well i just heard from a source that the STL told them all work centers are going to be moving to 8am because it is all about the guest ... so pog and pricing are moving on the week of june 12.... idk about other work centers

Well i just heard from a source that the STL told them all work centers are going to be moving to 8am because it is all about the guest ... so pog and pricing are moving on the week of june 12.... idk about other work centers

Pog on the salesfloor for 8 hours of the business day is definitely not about the guests. It's bad enough having push during the day let alone having an aisle inaccessible due to a pog. I see guests get irritated at having to get around a tm stocking as it is. And at least the 4 hours before the store opens means you can tear a place up and not have to think of guest safety, but doing all pogs when guests are shopping sounds like a nightmare for both tms and guests.

Omg, BTS has to be overnight...right? Welp, if we go that way at least I'll get more sleep!! :)

It doesn't work with call outs as I'm experiencing. Lost one person after a week (3 NCNS), now have 2 people constantly calling out or leaving early. There isn't really anyone left in my store to pull and outside hiring is not going well either. On the days my people do all show up, we get the push + backstock done, but only my fastest person gets to their research.

Assuming this is for Market I am so confused after reading multiple people talk about research.

How we do it at our store since rolling it out a few weeks ago is each person has a few aisles they are always in and they push, zone, and shoot research to be pulled later. After those tasks are done they take the Uboat back to backstock and get rid of cardboard and then continue to next aisle. We pull and work out the research after the entire truck push is done. Usually I pull it all or partner with another guy and we pull and push it all out

The crazy thing about this whole change, for my store, is market IN TOTAL is receiving about 150 hours for the WEEK which includes the entire dry market new process, and c&s push. Those in addition to pulling ALL the autofills, working them out and backstocking them, I feel like we are in an even WORSE position hours wise for the work that needs to be done

Anyone else only getting 150 or so hours or less for the entire market workcenter?

Last edited:

Setting POGs while the store is open?! Welp, their workloads are certainly not gonna get done with guests bothering them constantly. I already had enough trouble as is setting the whole backwall of gardening since 6 am.

Setting POGs while the store is open?! Welp, their workloads are certainly not gonna get done with guests bothering them constantly. I already had enough trouble as is setting the whole backwall of gardening since 6 am.
True the worst is they didnt even tell the PPTL about moving her team to 8am... and also they arent extending there shifts to 4:30.... instead they work 8am to 12:30 or 8am to 2:30....

This is where the problem lies. IS the work load excessive for the pay and the only ones capable are the exception to the norm? OR is the work load insufficient for the wages paid?
I can answer this easily. Is 8 pallets of pets freight and backstocking it in 5 hours excessive load for pay or excessive pay for load in a ULV 23 million store where pets is 4 30 ft valleys and a backwall run of 60 ft?

My store officially rolled out End to End On Memorial Day. It. Was. Chaos.

Memorial Day. There were only two cashiers. And the Team Leads were already all in foul moods over working Memorial Day and the stress of the End to End was added on that.

They only talked to a couple of people about the process prior to the day it started. I was assigned the entirety of D. All by my self. No explanation of what End to End is, no explanation of the process. I was literally thrown in. Someone stole the mydevice I needed to use also. They told me the person in C would teach me. I got to C and the person I was to work with had no idea what the process or expected outcome was either. So I'm struggling to keep my head above water and to find out exactly what the hell I'm supposed to do. Everyone else in all departments except the people that had it previously explained to them are yelling and throwing items in frustration. Meanwhile the leads are in a catered meeting and can be heard laughing all the way in the break room.

D apparently won't be my area. They said they'd "have to see" where I'll be. Nobody is scheduled to work D in the near future. It makes no sense!!!

The hours have been lopsided since moving to End to End. Some people have been getting consistent 30+ for no reason (they usually end up bored before the end of their shift) and others (many seasoned workers) are barely cracking 16. On my way out the door for the day I overheard that they're planning to cut more hours. Yet they just hired a ton of new people. So I had to apply at some places for a second job on my way home.

It was the most stressful day I've ever had at Target since I started working there. I cried from frustration on the way home. I hate End to End.

Lets see, a) it was probably told during a huddle that you missed because you were not working that day, its a lead only one or it was held when you weren't there.
b) you were and are assigned to d but because you didn't know and obviously didnt finish it, you can't do it. This is not on you. D (furniture, decor, pillows bedding and pillowfort) is impossible in my store alone as well.
c) everyone sane hates their first day of e2e

The lack of Team Members and call ins/no show make E2E all but impossible to carryout. We ran into trouble right off the bat with requested time offs. I can only imagine the issues that will be created when some members take their vacations.

Sorry to hear about your problems.

Like others have said in this post, keep your options open and be prepared to look elsewhere. Some stores will struggle or in some cases will not be able to make the transition due to the inability to hire enough team members.

YOU Don't want to do this in 3rd or 4th quarter. Its this side of the river styx hell now.

Former soft lines flow TM here...we started end to end the other day. Not the whole store, just market, soft lines, and electronics for right now. I'm now in cosmetics.

First thing I noticed for myself is, later start and end times, longer days, and more weekly hours scheduled.

Catching on to my new responsibilities is easier since I have previous experience in hard lines and salesfloor. However, for newbies I think the change would be overwhelming.

The main problems I am noticing are not having enough equipment and learning to organize my repacks. I feel like overall I am being less productive when it comes to to pushing truck freight since they don't want me to sort all my repacks at one time. They want me to bring out only one or two repacks to the floor at a time (still in the box, unpacked) and stock as I go. Still, I try to take a few seconds and group like items but so far I still end up walking all over the place. It seems like a time waster, especially when it comes to makeup. Very time consuming.

One thing I am worried about is that they will try to call me up for backup all the time, because I simply will refuse. I hate doing registers and really I don't like all the face to face time I'm having with guests as it is now. I'm anti social which is why I enjoyed flow so much. How I miss the 4am.

It is. I have never seen cosmetics repacks not have to be sorted. If you are e2e, sort them on the floor. They are expecting that time to be eaten so use the time to help yourself.

One thing i have noticed with E2E is that, along with the only reason I still MySupport every display. Target is inherently driving a, "Protect my own Ass", rather than a "Team First for the Guest" type of work culture.
93ecb1bbe03a7f9b9af10dc0675097a0665769fa.jpg

This is the #1 complaint I see with new hires. They applied for a certain set of job descriptions and were told they were going to do those tasks, but then they start and get shuffled around to doing a bunch of other stuff they didn't expect to be doing. Sure, nothing can be perfect but communication regarding this to applicants could be better.
This is why they quit. It is the truest reason. They think:
  1. Interviewer lied to me.
  2. Mgmt is incompenent
  3. The culture isn't what I thought.
  4. Its too much work, I was cheated on pay

Assuming this is for Market I am so confused after reading multiple people talk about research.

How we do it at our store since rolling it out a few weeks ago is each person has a few aisles they are always in and they push, zone, and shoot research to be pulled later. After those tasks are done they take the Uboat back to backstock and get rid of cardboard and then continue to next aisle. We pull and work out the research after the entire truck push is done. Usually I pull it all or partner with another guy and we pull and push it all out

The crazy thing about this whole change, for my store, is market IN TOTAL is receiving about 150 hours for the WEEK which includes the entire dry market new process, and c&s push. Those in addition to pulling ALL the autofills, working them out and backstocking them, I feel like we are in an even WORSE position hours wise for the work that needs to be done

Anyone else only getting 150 or so hours or less for the entire market workcenter?
I got about 130 the first week, now I'm getting 170-190, but don't have the people to use them. I assigned people 3 valleys each and they're supposed to do everything you mentioned but we broke it down to push, zone backstock, then research after so the backroom is clean faster.

Pog on the salesfloor for 8 hours of the business day is definitely not about the guests. It's bad enough having push during the day let alone having an aisle inaccessible due to a pog. I see guests get irritated at having to get around a tm stocking as it is. And at least the 4 hours before the store opens means you can tear a place up and not have to think of guest safety, but doing all pogs when guests are shopping sounds like a nightmare for both tms and guests.
Yeah, our pog team just moved to 8AM, and just watching them try to set the candy aisle a few days ago stressed me out, I can't imagine how frustrating it was for them. Although I definitely heard one them go "you know, this may work fine for Flow people, but they can't do this to us!" hahaha. It sucks for everyone, my dude.

I can answer this easily. Is 8 pallets of pets freight and backstocking it in 5 hours excessive load for pay or excessive pay for load in a ULV 23 million store where pets is 4 30 ft valleys and a backwall run of 60 ft?

Good point/question. A former Team Member transferred to another Store and stopped by to visit and told us how it was going. One thing that I remember was the conversation of the physical ability/size difference in the Flow Team. His new store lacked Team Members that could physically do what we could. It severely affected their ability in areas which required more physical abilities.

We loose team members all the time to better paying jobs. We can't recover from attrition in a timely manner anymore. I suspect this has to with wages and hours.

Given my experience and tenure, looking at what Spot is asking, they're going to have throw more bones in the bowl to keep/hire people

Last edited:
This is why they quit. It is the truest reason. They think:
  1. Interviewer lied to me.
  2. Mgmt is incompenent
  3. The culture isn't what I thought.
  4. Its too much work, I was cheated on pay

We had team member who worked at Target as a second job. They told me they do less for more in their primary job and would most likely move on because of this.

The team member moved on shortly afterwards to a better paying position with less responsibilties. If it would have worked for me, I would have followed them.

I got about 130 the first week, now I'm getting 170-190, but don't have the people to use them. I assigned people 3 valleys each and they're supposed to do everything you mentioned but we broke it down to push, zone backstock, then research after so the backroom is clean faster.

I mean backstocking after zone is fine too and then coming out shooting research and then moving to new aisle, its the same thing, just switched around

Our non truck days are horrible though. Opener like 4.5 hours and closer 4 hours. Or sometimes on C&S days they have closer come in and do market for 2 hours, do C&S for 4.5 and then market for another like 30 minutes....I feel like on non flow truck days we can hardly get anything done in Market.

For my opening shifts, when you only work 4 1/2 hours, it takes up almost all your time just pulling autofills, pushing autofills, backstocking autofills, pushing out milk, eggs, pushing out fast movers, meat coupons, order if order day, receiving C&S which usually we are the first stop so it takes a while.

How long has it been taking you guys to pull all the autofills. I have been trying to bust my ass pulling them but it still seems to take upwards of an hour sometimes

Last edited:
with less people

We have 3 TMS and our TL. 2 TMs are 6-12 or 12:30, 1 TM is 8-12, TL is 730-4ish We usually are done with the entire push in 3 hours, with research shot, and a little backstock left usually. Also usually done with autofill push too with only fast movers for produce and maybe the meat pull to do. But then again we dont even have anyone who is really in open market until later in the day on the truck push days since they want all 4 people there getting the truck done as fast as possible. Seems like piece wise we end up with 300-400 or so pieces per truck

Anyway, to clarify, myself, after I am done pushing the aisle, zone and research as I zone. Why wouldnt you just combine the two since you are literally right in front of the empty spots and can see them? From my understanding the whole point of this process and what was stressed to us by our STL in the meeting before we rolled this out is that it wasnt going to be the same old...Do Task A, now task B, now task C. It would be a more integrated process where you could be doing multiple things at a time

With the expanded hours that sucks you cant find more coverage. Nobody wants to stay for a full 8 on truck days or other days? I wish we got that many hours I would be full time 40.

Last edited:
We had team member who worked at Target as a second job. They told me they do less for more in their primary job and would most likely move on because of this.

The team member moved on shortly afterwards to a better paying position with less responsibilties. If it would have worked for me, I would have followed them.

I have heard and seen this multiple places as well for people who have 2nd jobs. The highlighted part. One of my former PAs moved on to a job that started at $17 hr starting pay that required no degree. Thinking of applying there myself

We have 3 TMS and our TL. 2 TMs are 6-12 or 12:30, 1 TM is 8-12, TL is 730-4ish We usually are done with the entire push in 3 hours, with research shot, and a little backstock left usually. Also usually done with autofill push too with only fast movers for produce and maybe the meat pull to do. But then again we dont even have anyone who is really in open market until later in the day on the truck push days since they want all 4 people there getting the truck done as fast as possible. Seems like piece wise we end up with 300-400 or so pieces per truck

Anyway, to clarify, myself, after I am done pushing the aisle, zone and research as I zone. Why wouldnt you just combine the two since you are literally right in front of the empty spots and can see them? From my understanding the whole point of this process and what was stressed to us by our STL in the meeting before we rolled this out is that it wasnt going to be the same old...Do Task A, now task B, now task C. It would be a more integrated process where you could be doing multiple things at a time

With the expanded hours that sucks you cant find more coverage. Nobody wants to stay for a full 8 on truck days or other days? I wish we got that many hours I would be full time 40.

Lack of equipment kills this every time.

Back