MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

I wonder how custom blocks work. As a 6am process we have whole sections on pallets because the flow team waves through them before opening. It sounds like with this process there will be no wave, so might we have to readjust the line? Is this where palletized unloads come into play? Do we get to have pallets on the floor the whole day?
I want to know this too because we have to move to blocks because it was too hard to train newbs on aislie location.

I look forward to the day that the truck is all palletized. It means I won't have to wear red athletic (nike pro combat like) shirts on truck days because of the amount of sweating I do. I just want to know if the repacks will be palletized or not.

I don't know much specifically about any of these new pilots - but I can contribute to what has been happening in my store.

A couple weeks ago our flow + CnS team completely split up, will CnS becoming their own team, coming in at their own time (flow starts at 4, CnS starts at 5/6) with their PA's and market TM's pushing all of CnS by themselves rather than pulling Flow team members - which has been working out okay, because it's lead to the rest of my team finishing the truck unload at a more reasonable time. It's also been mentioned that CnS will be taking over the rest of market too in a short period of time - but that could still be in planning and not actually be implemented for awhile. All of this is potentially a good thing for my store as our flow team has gone from - 40 people to 12-14 in the last year.

As for End-to-End pilot, the first I'd heard of it is today after the truck unload, when I was informed that my hours were getting cut by 50% and that I was no longer going to be doing Electronics. They said that our store was starting a new "end-to-end" approach where they were going to have a dayside Electronics team member come in an hour earlier to push all of what used to be my own stuff.

I realize that it's his first day doing the breakouts and electronics push, but if it takes five hours for three security repacks, a dvd repack and a handful of other boxes, I don't see this working out well for them. Especially during Christmas when they get 25 security repacks, no help, and no extra time. :rolleyes: been one of those days for me.

I think after all of this crap time at Target will be ending again. 12-16 hours isn't enough for me to survive on, and I've had some issues with my new ETL - so maybe it's for the better.

Its these decides that screw things up. Why not you become the daytime person responsible for Electronics. Its a hard area because of its diversity, the spidering, the damn dvds etc.

This program is doable but it is going to take EXTREME dedication from the TLs and ETLs of each store... some stores will pull it off successfully and some will burn REALLY REALLY badly.

Having worked in leadership for 9 years as a TL and ETL, I can tell you without question that most stores are going to burn because most TLs and ETLs are lazy and or stupid.

BTW... someone correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this strikingly similar to Wal-Mart department managers?

Anyways ultimately the problem with this shit is there's never enough equipment to go around especially at the lower volume stores. There's a ton of unnecessary footsteps involved not to mention the extreme amount of training.

It can be done and it IS being done successfully but it takes EXTREME back breaking dedication by leadership to stay on top of ensuring that everyone is trained 100% on how to do everything 100% of the time and that shit is going to wear leaders down real quick.

You know that comment is funny about Wal-mart. You do know that Our current CEO came from Sam's Club, right?

So what happens to the RECEIVING TEAM MEMBER? The position is not going away is it?
I would love it to go away in my store. But thats because I am simply tried of dealing with the lazy, loud mouthed veteran who can get away with anything because no one wants to do receiving and she has been there 25+ years. We were down 6 people on unload one day and since she has to been involved in off load she actually had to move pallets and help off load. She actually complained she was sweating.

It seems similar from what I can tell, except I think Walmart still has a daytime salesfloor team and a nighttime stocking team. So department managers probably don't do the majority of the stocking or zoning.
Having actually worked in a semi-rural one for 3 yrs, they do much of nothing other than be lazy af. Zone managers do the heavy work.

What is a non truck day ??
We get a FDC truck everyday and a GM truck everyday.
Its a concept for us lower volume stores. See we only get 3 trucks a week and they are only filled with about 2000 pieces on average. So there are days when we have no actual truck in our dock. (our GM trucks come on the same days). ;)

That just sounds like the current unload system. Everything is scanned coming off the truck, and whatever scans as backstock gets sorted to pallets on the back side of the line. It may look unorganized, but it's sorted according to where it gets backstocked.

Unless you're saying your trucks are coming with pallets already built and shrink wrapped?

That is what I am assuming. My store is push all. Scanning takes too much labor.

My store I believe will be rolling this out. I am not sure if our ETL-HR said it right bit we are getting grocery for sure because Groc-TL is excited bout this because he gets TLs to work with him and the two others.
However, I think ETL-HR was right and we get end to end. I am curious how it going to affect us because we have 10 salesfloor TL and 30 LogTLs (split between BR, FLOW etc)

Wait what? Lol are you a super duper target?

I am curious how it going to affect us because we have 10 salesfloor TL and 30 LogTLs (split between BR, FLOW etc)
You do not have 40+ TLs...

I believe that is called 'plugging' and I hate it with more than anything because if effs up instocks. Especially when the nightly zone does it to make the aisle beautiful. I need my holes to know how things are selling and what is being touched.
With end-to-end, everyone is responsible for shooting outs in their own areas. So whomever flexes will be the one to also do instocks in that area.

Having actually worked in a semi-rural one for 3 yrs, they do much of nothing other than be lazy af. Zone managers do the heavy work.
Walmart got rid of zone managers a few years ago.

That is what I am assuming. My store is push all. Scanning takes too much labor.
I think it's more likely that the TM just saw the scanned freight on the back side of the line for the first time, and didn't know what it was from. It seems way too early for palletized freight to be coming in and it makes no sense for them to only send backstock like that. Plus, what might have been backstock when the truck was loaded could be needed on the salesfloor by the time they unload it at the store.

Look up the org chart for the flagship store in Minnesota. Can't remember what store number they are but they literally have every ETL and TL position you can imagine.

Apparently budget doesn't apply there.
i call bullshit on this store !!

Bullshit on the fact they have every position? That's a fact I saw it for myself.

Bullshit for the reason to have every position? Yeah I can see that.

Bullshit for the reason to have every position.

why does this store get every fucking position on earth, with no regards to other stores.
If one store can get unlimited ETL TLs then all stores should get this !
oh just because its in Minnesota and the flagship store they can do what they want

They wouldn't dare try anything new after September. I'd bet any changes this year will happen this spring and summer.

They wouldn't dare try anything new after September. I'd bet any changes this year will happen this spring and summer.
you do realize we are the company that went into Canada with out setting up a sound and reasonable logistics system? that little mishap "cost billions" So if it sounds to stupid to be true, it just might be true.

Interesting. What do you think about the pog team going away? I thought the whole point of having separate teams for pog, backroom, flow, instocks, etc. was so that they could be good and efficient at what they do. If everyone does everything, the overall quality of work will suffer.

POG team going away is the first sign that we should all head for the hills...

All processes start and flow through accurate planograms.

Back