MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

I will be sharing the few points I have heard about the new pilot.
  • Flow team, instocks, backroom will all fall into salefloor.
  • TMs will be assigned to specific areas of the store and will be held responsible for pushing truck, do research, pull batches, push items, backstock. Example: A TMs, B TMs, Girls TMs, Infant TMs etc
  • Payroll should not be affected and hours will just be reallocated where needed
  • It is not clear how pay grades will be affected.
Anyone knows more? Anyone is having this pilot in their store?

kanye_looking_disgusted.png

Anyway I think this could be a disaster store-wide for a variety of reasons, but that is how the "food team" (aka market) is run at my store since October. I recently moved to said team, I'm happy to answer any questions about how it's been working for market at my store.

Sounds like project viper, but with a new name on it

Winner, Winner - Chicken dinner!!!!!!!

StockerAce most overnight stores are gone- part of cost cutting. Explains why all the newbie flow TMs they are hiring are getting cashier trained.. My store is going from overnight to 4am and is replacing all but half a dozen of the entire overnight team.. At one point we had 22 open flow positions..

Another reason why target will be losing people. They'll need to hire even more people if they want a specific TM to each block in the store.

Anyway I think this could be a disaster store-wide for a variety of reasons, but that is how the "food team" (aka market) is run at my store since October. I recently moved to said team, I'm happy to answer any questions about how it's been working for market at my store.
What sucks and what doesn't?

What sucks and what doesn't?

I've only been doing it for a couple of weeks but I love it. I should say I came from hardlines, so the instocks and backroom portions are new to me. Some days I just push truck, I got trained to do the pulls in the backroom so some days I do that, learned how to backstock, etc. Unlike the hardlines shifts I was used to, I don't necessarily know what I'll be doing until I get to work. I like that, but some people might not. I like that the shifts don't go past around 7pm at the latest, as closing sucks.

If you like daytime shifts, the physical work of push/flow and backroom, and working in one area, it's great. But the pace and physicality of the workload is a lot faster/heavier than zoning and reshop.

One thing leadership has told me is an opportunity is that the team tends to uniformly like and dislike certain tasks, so without a lot of supervision some things start to slip (e.g. I don't think anyone particularly likes working in the freezer, so maybe backstock builds up in there or frozen push doesn't get finished sometimes). The team probably needs a dedicated market TL. Also as a pilot everything is iterative and experimental, so I've been told to prepare to be flexible as routines and processes may change.

Oh yeah, and the freezer sucks. Speed literally is life in there.

Oh man i thought 'end to end' was just about the market roll out!!! So what exactly is it? If everyone and their brother is pulling and backstocking do you still need an backroom TL or an instocks TL? How does this get more face time for the guest? I'm nervous about these changes:eek:

I honestly think we are going to a part of this. We already have dedicated stockers so moving to this isn't that far of a stretch. It might be why we didnt get a new BR TL

We have been a part of this for quite a bit. At first it was a bit chaotic but I think its getting a bit better. I like how everyone is responsible for everything now and you cant pass the blame between dayside/flow. The TL over the area is also able to keep a closer eye on things instead of having to worry about the entire salesfloor.

Wait. So in my store, you go to work scheduled in say, Hardlines, and you see the grid and you get A & B or C & D or Consumables or Seasonal or whatever for the shift. You do pulls from the line, zone and put abandon away. Is this what this pilot is? Or different?

Winner, Winner - Chicken dinner!!!!!!!

StockerAce most overnight stores are gone- part of cost cutting. Explains why all the newbie flow TMs they are hiring are getting cashier trained.. My store is going from overnight to 4am and is replacing all but half a dozen of the entire overnight team.. At one point we had 22 open flow positions..
We can't even get new Deli TMs cashier trained and we have our own cash register! You're fortunate that they're actually coughing up the hours for that. I'm jealous.

I think we might have part of this going already (we have "dedicated process owner" flow TMs who are supposed to do all of the things listed above for their specific areas) but that makes it sound like an all day process? Good luck when there are callouts, man. Peter robbing Paul all day long.

Wait. So in my store, you go to work scheduled in say, Hardlines, and you see the grid and you get A & B or C & D or Consumables or Seasonal or whatever for the shift. You do pulls from the line, zone and put abandon away. Is this what this pilot is? Or different?
You would still do all of that, but also push product from the truck, backstock it, pull your own pulls from the backroom, and research any outs.

Part of this is also cutting the ETL HR position and creating a TL role for that workcenter. Very few stores, I hear, are beginning to pilot that. Good luck HR TMs...
interesting given at my store they recently cut HR TL role under AE changes. Maybe that plan is now changing.

We can't even get new Deli TMs cashier trained and we have our own cash register! You're fortunate that they're actually coughing up the hours for that. I'm jealous.

Don't be jealous. They are never going to actually cashier. Our STL wants flow to only work 3 1/2 shifts and wants them cleaned up and out by the time we open at 8am.. With a 4am unload..

I so need a new job to open up for me..

Back