MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

Our signing TM still gets one day a week to organize the signing area/put up overheads and wall graphics. Everyone is responsible for putting up their own signing and keeping the fixture room clean so the rest of the time the signing TM works in a silo with the rest of the former presentation team.

This is sounding so intimidating :/ So what does this mean for hours? I am a softlines tm and we were told this is getting implemented on the new schedul for us. . .but Im not aure what thats going to lead to. Right now I am used to 35 hours (only been getting 20 with the craptastic payroll) is that going to still be a thing? Will we still have dedicated closers? One of my gals is only available 6 to close and gets 25hrs will she be affected? The mind must know! *shifty eyes* will fr be eliminated cause that would actually be uzeful at my store -_-

Well, we have a very basic SL E2E running as of now, but hours have stayed pretty much the same. Most of our tms with open or almost open availability get 30ish-35+ and the ones with more closed availability get what they usually get. I've personally been getting 35+ but I also work other work centers. We've had a lot more openers/mids then ever before, and 2 closing zoners and an FRO. Fitting room hours stay the same. I have a friend available 6-close a few days during the week and weekends open. She generally gets her 6-closes every day she is available and has been an opener/mid on weekends.

E2E may work. I don't know. I do know that one of the thigns Spot needs to work on at the Corp and Store level is communication. The stores should have had a store meeting and let everyone know about these changes at the same time. However, what happened ( at least at my store ) was certain tms were told. Then they told other tms. and BAM you have rumors going all over the store. Some of them true and some not . As, a long term Target employee these rumored changes make me a feel al il uneasy BUT I do know and realize that Spot has to change with the times. So, I try to keep an open mind . I don't think Spot owes me anything ( other than my paycheck)...however, I would like to think that they could do a better job with communication. My store for now has the style team and a grocery team. What a disaster. We were told the grocery team would handle any and all backstock from groceries ( including resets, sales planners etc) they would set sales planners, zone , check for out of dates on sales floor and backroom etc. They also would backstock the groceries from the truck ( fdc as well) . They also would do manual cafs for their area etc. So, basically we were told the grocery team would own groceries. Anything to do with it they owned it. Now, all of the sudden the its not the groceries team job to bs groceries from the mini seasonal reset. They are only to bs groceries that come from the truck. Yesterday, I was told they were not going to be doing the manual cafs for groceries that day. I would need to do it . When, I asked why the change I was told miscommunication. So, I went to the etl log and asked if they grocery team was getting hours for xyz then why s the backroom having to do it ( when we were doing it to begin with anyways) He simply said well there has been a communication issue. I then told him I don't mind doing it c ause I have done ift for years but if I am oing to have to do it I needed the hours to do it . So, now we ( myself fellow backroom tms) don't know what the grocery team is suppose to and or not do. Cause it changes from day to day. In 20 and a half years I have never seen something as chaotic and unorganized as this .

We are just starting it too, and on week 2, it is actually going pretty well. They had a meeting with the grocery team, FTL , ETL LOG, ETL SF, and BRTL a few weeks before starting the rollout. I think it helped to clarify roles and responsibilities. Impossible to have an all store meeting, I guess, but the LOG team was represented and able to inform their teams.

This is sounding so intimidating :/ So what does this mean for hours? I am a softlines tm and we were told this is getting implemented on the new schedul for us. . .but Im not aure what thats going to lead to. Right now I am used to 35 hours (only been getting 20 with the craptastic payroll) is that going to still be a thing? Will we still have dedicated closers? One of my gals is only available 6 to close and gets 25hrs will she be affected? The mind must know! *shifty eyes* will fr be eliminated cause that would actually be uzeful at my store -_-
Your 6pm to close lady will get to clean the entire SL. Thats sadly what the ones at mine do.

Can somebody please tell me how is cosmetics and HBA is done with E2E in your stores?
I saw last night during my craptastic close that the line is now set up based on aisles (not blocks) and with tubs and flats not pallets. The people who are picked for essentials will be handled valleys to work. In our store we have one woman who is doing all of cosmetics (2 valleys and a back wall. Its tiny but quantity intensive) HBA has 4. One for the hair care, one for feminine hygiene and pharm, one being a lazy ass that actually does almost nothing but is supposed to do shaving and deodorants (to which I had to work instead of tending to pets which actually needed things done) and one that handles the travel section, the endcaps and everything else. He is also the essentials TL

We do everything from Push, to Backstock, to sales planners, to price change and research.

Well, we have a very basic SL E2E running as of now, but hours have stayed pretty much the same. Most of our tms with open or almost open availability get 30ish-35+ and the ones with more closed availability get what they usually get. I've personally been getting 35+ but I also work other work centers. We've had a lot more openers/mids then ever before, and 2 closing zoners and an FRO. Fitting room hours stay the same. I have a friend available 6-close a few days during the week and weekends open. She generally gets her 6-closes every day she is available and has been an opener/mid on weekends.
Thatz good to know I know I ca adjust easily and she is happy if she gets like 20hrs here to hoping it works out the same. Frankly all I care about is getting my hours :/

E2E may work. I don't know. I do know that one of the thigns Spot needs to work on at the Corp and Store level is communication. The stores should have had a store meeting and let everyone know about these changes at the same time. However, what happened ( at least at my store ) was certain tms were told. Then they told other tms. and BAM you have rumors going all over the store. Some of them true and some not . As, a long term Target employee these rumored changes make me a feel al il uneasy BUT I do know and realize that Spot has to change with the times. So, I try to keep an open mind . I don't think Spot owes me anything ( other than my paycheck)...however, I would like to think that they could do a better job with communication. My store for now has the style team and a grocery team. What a disaster. We were told the grocery team would handle any and all backstock from groceries ( including resets, sales planners etc) they would set sales planners, zone , check for out of dates on sales floor and backroom etc. They also would backstock the groceries from the truck ( fdc as well) . They also would do manual cafs for their area etc. So, basically we were told the grocery team would own groceries. Anything to do with it they owned it. Now, all of the sudden the its not the groceries team job to bs groceries from the mini seasonal reset. They are only to bs groceries that come from the truck. Yesterday, I was told they were not going to be doing the manual cafs for groceries that day. I would need to do it . When, I asked why the change I was told miscommunication. So, I went to the etl log and asked if they grocery team was getting hours for xyz then why s the backroom having to do it ( when we were doing it to begin with anyways) He simply said well there has been a communication issue. I then told him I don't mind doing it c ause I have done ift for years but if I am oing to have to do it I needed the hours to do it . So, now we ( myself fellow backroom tms) don't know what the grocery team is suppose to and or not do. Cause it changes from day to day. In 20 and a half years I have never seen something as chaotic and unorganized as this .

sorry to hear that. If Grocery puts itesm in mini seasonal its on them. If they do manuals its supposed to be on them.

Your 6pm to close lady will get to clean the entire SL. Thats sadly what the ones at mine do.
Lol she wont care as long as they give her 20hrs to do it through the week but ick at our store we cant even keep it up with 2 people we need at least three :/ our location is just to heavily shopped and we are a small store -_-

giphy.gif

I'm super excited for this! I started implementing this in Electronics. As of now Electronics team already does truck push, revisions, instocks, pull, back stock, d-code, NOP, talk vendors, zone, guest service, ..... no price change yet.

tgtguy you are absolutely correct about communication! I wouldn't have known anything about E2E if it hadn't been for this site!! It's not fair to Team Members to see or hear it from someone other than their ETL that their position is or may be change. Leadership needs to be more transparent. Just keep it 100 with me.

The bigger communication issue is we need open and honest communication between store leaders and district leaders. Too often, ETLs will try to paint things in the most positive light to the DTL in order to save their own ass. But if something just isn't working, they need to be honest so the DTL can pass that honest feedback up the chain.

The bigger communication issue is we need open and honest communication between store leaders and district leaders. Too often, ETLs will try to paint things in the most positive light to the DTL in order to save their own ass. But if something just isn't working, they need to be honest so the DTL can pass that honest feedback up the chain.
Unfortuantely, some dtls will view this as a personal failure not an institutional one.

Unfortuantely, some dtls will view this as a personal failure not an institutional one.

DTLs don't want to hear about anything non-pleasant, anything else is just a waste of time to them.

There are two very big over-arching issues to the problem...

1) A majority of the leadership at Target could never (and has never) handled Logistics. 90% of the work running a store (like it or not) is the movement of product from truck to shelf. Target naturally sorted its placement of leadership so that the strongest went to Logistics while the weak players went to GE and SF. Are there difficult aspects to some of those areas? Sure, but there is a reason that recent college grads who have never had a job and a Target veteran can hold the same position and do just about as well as each other. Do that with Logistics and you see a store crumble. But now the power is shifting. This workload is transitioning to these exact leaders. They cannot handle it. There are too many STLs now that have also never done logistics and have no idea what to do. As E2E continues to expand for different areas you will see many ETLs flaking out. You will see STLs panic as their stores fall apart in front of them, and in desperation cry, "This isn't working, ETL-Log take it back"... and the disconnect between what HQ thinks stores are doing and what STLs have them doing will be completely different.

2) Payroll.... not enough of it to pull this off. Target doesn't realize that they squeezed stores so tight on payroll that there was never enough being allocated to get trucks done in the first place. While most stores *could* either add payroll for trucks or smart huddle the remainder of freight (which would have been all left in one area), now because the payroll for freight is in separate teams, there will be little bits of freight left in all the departments. Grocery, Softlines, Essentials, HBA, Electronics are all not getting enough hours, so therefore all will have freight laying around (or backstock not done). It creates chaos where a single truck team would just putter out in back or middle and have to have a smart huddle to bail them out (or ask Flow to stay to finish and add).

I strongly disagree with 1, but totally with 2. In a smaller store you have backroom TL, flow TL and ETL-LOG all involved in the truck process somewhat...even CTL with C&S. I dont understand what is so hard about truck. If your hiring sucks and you get people who are super talkative, lazy, or unreliable sure..but if you actually have a good team?

If I was a new TL I would much rather be involved working the logistic side of the store than the GE and SF part.

Payroll is def an issue. I brought this up for our new market rollout end to end. The payroll for this is rediculous for what is expected

I feel bad for our flow team. Alot of them were just told about upcoming changes and alot of them were pissed. Sounds like their schedules are going to be even less hours to the point where I think we are going to see most of them quit honestly. With the hours most of the people get on flow why even work here in the first place..what is the point, especially if you live 20-30 minutes away

Last edited:
Back