MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

so about 10 people over all? that's roughly double of what we are currently running with. and all the "leadership" can talk about is how much labor they are saving.

WTF that is alot of people. For our market rollout, on non flow days we are getting the same or less hours than we were before. For the 3 flow truck days, three of us have 6 hour shifts and the TL has 8 hour shift, and the closer for like 4 hours.

I strongly disagree with 1, but totally with 2. In a smaller store you have backroom TL, flow TL and ETL-LOG all involved in the truck process somewhat...even CTL with C&S. I dont understand what is so hard about truck. If your hiring sucks and you get people who are super talkative, lazy, or unreliable sure..but if you actually have a good team?

If I was a new TL I would much rather be involved working the logistic side of the store than the GE and SF part.

Payroll is def an issue. I brought this up for our new market rollout end to end. The payroll for this is rediculous for what is expected

I feel bad for our flow team. Alot of them were just told about upcoming changes and alot of them were pissed. Sounds like their schedules are going to be even less hours to the point where I think we are going to see most of them quit honestly. With the hours most of the people get on flow why even work here in the first place..what is the point, especially if you live 20-30 minutes away

In a smaller store you can maybe have a new ETL-LOG and be fine. But I am in a building that does 7 trucks a week and 7 FDC a week, 4AM, and I have the same leadership as this "smaller" store. Many of these larger stores (specifically in non-wealthy areas) are over-tasked compared to the payroll they receive. My store can get a 2000 piece truck and a store in a rich/high COL area can get a 2000 piece trailer too, but they currently receive about 15% more payroll than I do because the items cost more than mine (so therefore they had more sales), but the workload is almost the same.

In a smaller store you can maybe have a new ETL-LOG and be fine. But I am in a building that does 7 trucks a week and 7 FDC a week, 4AM, and I have the same leadership as this "smaller" store. Many of these larger stores (specifically in non-wealthy areas) are over-tasked compared to the payroll they receive. My store can get a 2000 piece truck and a store in a rich/high COL area can get a 2000 piece trailer too, but they currently receive about 15% more payroll than I do because the items cost more than mine (so therefore they had more sales), but the workload is almost the same.

Ya I can see this, although smaller stores dont really even push until the store is allready open. How many hours would you guys typically get for a 2000 piece truck, and does that include backstocking or just push? Virtually all the flow TMs at my store only unload and push. I think they may have a few who stay and backstock but most just leave after pushing

Probably different at my store but I feel my store provides literally any support the flow process ever needs hours wise even if it cuts into other areas. For smart huddles in the morning its not uncommon to push out a block or a bunch of carts from flow. I have been a part of pushing the entire toys sporting goods section for huddle, and another time pushing all the storage, decor, bedding, towels etc (C and D block) which took like an hour away from our own workcenters. And if they overspend on the truck, oh well, just cut from other areas

Last edited:

And THAT is the core problem that no one seems to understand (or they are too greedy to care). I worked at a local chain grocery store in Tulsa, OK. Employee owned. The one thing that astounded me was that they still offered full time and it was set at 8 hrs for off-loaders (and overnight). So I always had 40 hrs. In fact all full time was 8 hrs shifts.

They want this to work, this is where they need to move. However, I am more willing to believe Trump stop tweeting first.

I have vague memories of my ETL-Log saying flow would have more hours when e2e was announced. Instead, all of our new hires are getting 5 hours and regulars are lucky to get 20. Softlines is hurting bad so they beg me to stay 8 hours to help push and give me softlines hours. I think the only people getting hours now is the market team.. I don't think HL or hba repacks came clean at all last week. :eek:

I have vague memories of my ETL-Log saying flow would have more hours when e2e was announced. Instead, all of our new hires are getting 5 hours and regulars are lucky to get 20. Softlines is hurting bad so they beg me to stay 8 hours to help push and give me softlines hours. I think the only people getting hours now is the market team.. I don't think HL or hba repacks came clean at all last week. :eek:

Market hours are a blast from the past. When PFresh first became a thing Market was given A TON of hours, compared to what it was a year/year and a half ago. I foresee Target setting this up only to slowly trim back on the hours given.

If not that, I find Target selling their Grocery Business to an outside company (Similar to CVS). For all we know Target might be starting this Grocery Operating Model to show they have a system in place if there is a Target (lol pun) Buyer.

Ya I can see this, although smaller stores dont really even push until the store is allready open. How many hours would you guys typically get for a 2000 piece truck, and does that include backstocking or just push? Virtually all the flow TMs at my store only unload and push. I think they may have a few who stay and backstock but most just leave after pushing

Probably different at my store but I feel my store provides literally any support the flow process ever needs hours wise even if it cuts into other areas. For smart huddles in the morning its not uncommon to push out a block or a bunch of carts from flow. I have been a part of pushing the entire toys sporting goods section for huddle, and another time pushing all the storage, decor, bedding, towels etc (C and D block) which took like an hour away from our own workcenters. And if they overspend on the truck, oh well, just cut from other areas

Its hard to track with E2E due to the hours for "freight" being hidden inside the other workcenters. I would say total we spend about 130 hours on a truck (unloading, pulling autofills, GOM, Softlines E2E, Cosmetics E2E, Electronics E2E, Meat FDC, all Backstock). If the truck is less than 1800 its manageable, but anything over that we have trouble.

That is the way hours are now though. Most stores used to protect their logistics hours and rob from the dayside team since at least you wouldn't have freighte everywhere to work throughout the day (and ETLs would just muscle through zone and reshop). MyTime is slowly forcing stores to go the opposite (rob Logistics hours and keep dayside staffed), which conceptually makes sense. I still trust the end goal is a good one (eaches replenishment and manageable freight throughout the day), but right now all it appears to be doing is causing logistics to never get done (since they get horrible hours) and dayside to work all their freight for them.

right now all it appears to be doing is causing logistics to never get done (since they get horrible hours) and dayside to work all their freight for them.
It's the opposite for our overnight store so far. We only have SL and cosmetics over to end to end they seem to either never get done, or have to start before 4am. So the trained SL people that are already there at 10pm sometimes start the SL breakdown so it's all broken down for the people that come in at 4am. Cosmetics has gotten better about getting done, but I think they are staffing more people to get it done during the morning/day. It wasn't getting done in the first two weeks and we (flow) had to do it in the mornings since they'd get backed up multiple days if we didn't.

Saturday trucks are a nightmare because we have guests who want to shop at 8am and it is a mess of pallets, freight, and zracks that I'm still breaking out onto. Guests or SFS who want me to locate an empty item that very well could be in this cart of hba or softlines from the truck that might not get pushed until *Sunday*. Guests hate the mess and hate it even more when they drove all the way here and we don't have the thing they wanted. Mgmt keep trying to sell me the kool-aid of "more people on the salesfloor to help guests" while equipment is beyond scarce. Schools let out for summer in 3 weeks, Lord have mercy.

I've started to see the changes in my store (in SL, don't know much about other departments) and I don't feel very good about it. We're no longer under Presentation, we're under SL when we do adjacencies/POGs, our SL "Flow" team is scheduled under SL now, too. Also, we're expected to do more POGs, if not all, for SL, i.e. I had to set girls and boys basics today and that used to be a POG team (Plano?) responsibility. My TL told me that eventually the 4 am for us doing POGs isn't gonna be a thing because they want us around during the day to help guests. -_- Gonna have to deal with guests in my way/asking questions while I'm trying to set POGs and do adjacencies. Great. All the brand TMs are starting to learn pricing/signing.

Also, my TL says a dayside SL Brand TM is gonna be pushing in the morning, starting at 8 am instead of the old way where the Flow TMS would push at 4 am. I'm scheduled for that for a few days and I don't know how I'm gonna like pushing in addition to having a bunch of guests in my way. The old 4 am flow team has started to be scheduled during the day so they can learn dayside as well, some aren't comfortable in their English, I'm assuming they're gonna be scheduled more during the day because they haven't pushed z-racks in ages and now they're not gonna be pushing folded/other stuff either. Overall, I get the vibe that they're trying to do more with less hours. On our new schedule is when they're really beginning to implement this new system and our non-brand SL TMs are barely getting hours.

So we now only have 7 TMs doing end to end in market after one week. Wtf we are suppose to have 12 to 13 TMs that is what my stl told us.
So already cutting hours and they barely get finished this week so far no research is being done.

Honestly that seems to be the idea. They don't want the process to go smoothly, because then that means too many hours are being spent. They want it to work mostly, but it's okay if it's a goddamn chaotic mess all the time if they can save a couple of hours on payroll.

I can't wait for some jackass to suggest they do what places like circuit city did and just outright fire everyone over X number of years and then offer their jobs back at entry level wages.

So we now only have 7 TMs doing end to end in market after one week. Wtf we are suppose to have 12 to 13 TMs that is what my stl told us.
So already cutting hours and they barely get finished this week so far no research is being done.

If you're supposed to have 12 team members, but only have 7, the STL should question things. We're in a similar boat, but my dumb cunt of an STL cares more about soft lines than market or hard lines, so market gets an angry fist up the bum when our hours are given to soft lines.

If you're supposed to have 12 team members, but only have 7, the STL should question things. We're in a similar boat, but my dumb cunt of an STL cares more about soft lines than market or hard lines, so market gets an angry fist up the bum when our hours are given to soft lines.

This is exactly what happened to us as well. MyTime does not allocate enough hours into the areas after they go end-to-end for some reason. Our Market (based on the hours we gave it) was going fine and then once we had to follow MyTime allocation it fell apart when the hours were taken down to almost nothing.

Do they not research and zone each aisle after they push it???? We started doing that day 1 and you can see the difference...at least in dry market..although its alot of work

So our first day was amazing! Everything was 100% done and zone was great in market. Day 2 everything pulled and pushed but zone was shit and most all of team left around noon. The point was more face time w guest we need more peps during 11 - 7 hours.

As far as SL goes I think break out should be done by flow and then style comes in later not at a certain hourn flow kicks over to style because again we are not getting that 'face time' when our guest is shopping

Do they not research and zone each aisle after they push it???? We started doing that day 1 and you can see the difference...at least in dry market..although its alot of work

With what equipment? We are still having that issue. Equipment has been labeled and should be signed out but only certain ETL's will track it down so people who had assigned MyDevices are going without. Then hours later you find them dumped on the desks in the TSC not the equipment room.

Well this week my store launched its Market E2E and it's a disaster. One person on unload. That person then pushes by themselves until the market opener who comes in at 7am is done with a couple tasks which lasts until 9am. Those 2 team members push the auto fills and then when done pushing go to lunch at 10:30am. After lunch the 2 team members go back to pushing market until a 11:30 am member comes in to help. After taking each U-boat, pushing it, then backstocking Market push wasn't done until 2pm!

How on earth is this more productive then having flow do it and finish within 20-30 minutes? Don't get me started on C&S which took a full 8 hour shift to push.

Just two team member to push dry market? I don't think they can complete the push in some days and also, they will not get any other work done like research, ptm and such.

Honestly that seems to be the idea. They don't want the process to go smoothly, because then that means too many hours are being spent. They want it to work mostly, but it's okay if it's a goddamn chaotic mess all the time if they can save a couple of hours on payroll.

I can't wait for some jackass to suggest they do what places like circuit city did and just outright fire everyone over X number of years and then offer their jobs back at entry level wages.
Circuit City was insolvent at that time.

If you have a spot 401k you can ask for a annual report. While spot isn't red its not green either. So thats type event isn't happening.

Just two team member to push dry market? I don't think they can complete the push in some days and also, they will not get any other work done like research, ptm and such.

1 tm starts pushing market at 7 when the truck is unloaded. Another market tm does some tasks until about 9am then joins the Tm in market and push auto fills when done with auto fills both start grabbing Uboats and push until finished. Another TM does come in at 11 to help push market but I don't understand this whole E2E thing. It took 8 hours to push market instead of 30 minutes having flow do it.

Back