MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

No it's definitely not.

There is no end to end guide on workhench just grocery operating model and accessories and apparel 2.0 which use an end to end process of teams pulling, pushing and backstocking their own crap.

I haven't seen one for electronics or essential online yet but they are the next to come.

Was told that Softlines and Grocery are starting E2E this week.

STL told me this will only affect flow. He also said dayside BR has nothing to fear as "nothing will change". So as dayside BR, I'm pretty fearful.

Lol your STL is full of crap. With them pulling and backstocking their own stuff you know darn well whose hours are getting cut first..

Highly recommend getting involved with flex fulfillment if you have it. Our ship from store tms have the most security in our backroom, maybe more than our brtl

STL told me this will only affect flow. He also said dayside BR has nothing to fear as "nothing will change". So as dayside BR, I'm pretty fearful.

I would be fearful. I was dayside BR, now I'm in hardlines we have no BR team at all. Only good thing is I'm actually getting more hours now. Bad thing I'm stuck doing reshop and zoning all night.

Our store has seen a dramatic across the board cut in hours. Flow, backroom morphed into essentials have replaced cashiers. Tms with a few years are being leveraged out, suddenly they aren't fast enough. Hrtm fired outright. I'm planning to move on.

Lol your STL is full of crap. With them pulling and backstocking their own stuff you know darn well whose hours are getting cut first.. Highly recommend getting involved with flex fulfillment if you have it. Our ship from store tms have the most security in our backroom, maybe more than our brtl
I asked "If they're going to be pulling and backstocking everything, what will we do?" and he kept saying this isn't going to affect dayside BR. He also said we're going to be doing this super freaking slow because he's positive flow will all quit ifn

We have SFS/Flex Fulfillment and I'm fully trained for it, but I mainly work closing shifts.

I would be fearful. I was dayside BR, now I'm in hardlines we have no BR team at all. Only good thing is I'm actually getting more hours now. Bad thing I'm stuck doing reshop and zoning all night.
Our store has seen a dramatic across the board cut in hours. Flow, backroom morphed into essentials have replaced cashiers. Tms with a few years are being leveraged out, suddenly they aren't fast enough. Hrtm fired outright. I'm planning to move on.
I don't mind doing sales floor stuff, I just would prefer not to. I'm also fully trained for hardlines. But, the second they say I'm doing hardlines all day/night bc of E2E, i'm going to tell them "told you so" and most likely bitch.

Though, i'll stick around as long as I still get my 50 cent paygrade difference and don't have to do cashier... Hell, i'd quit on the spot if they said I had to do cashier.

We have SFS/Flex Fulfillment and I'm fully trained for it, but I mainly work closing shifts.
We are preparing to get rid of our closing BR shift. BR will leave by 4:30, then it's all on the closing LOD to make sure SPUs get done (and the 5pm CAFs on weekends).

This will be with just Grocery, Cosmetics, Electronics, and Softlines going E2E.

We are preparing to get rid of our closing BR shift. BR will leave by 4:30, then it's all on the closing LOD to make sure SPUs get done (and the 5pm CAFs on weekends).

Wait, what about setting the line? Price changes? And the trash? Does all of that fall to the LOD too?

Wait, what about setting the line? Price changes? And the trash? Does all of that fall to the LOD too?
Nothing has been said to us about setting the line yet, but most of it can be set in the early afternoon. Plus, we already have 4 people coming in 30 mins before the unload starts, so they can easily handle whatever is left. Price changes will be pulled in the morning. What about trash? The LOD already loads up the trash compactor at the end of the night, but I guess they might be called to run the baler more often.

I've been watching this thread since it began along with the DC thread and I can't see this thing working out.

First, Target cannot achieve the level of service they are searching for without a Quality System in place. All too often the message is interrupted by others on the way down for their own personal gain or even worse, vague direction/instruction. This is a sure fire plan for failure.

Second, Target does not have a bad business model, it's just inefficient on how it is carried out. All that needed to be done at the store level was to implement "priority scheduling". In other words queue what needs to be done first, second, and so on. Utilization of hours has been all but abysmal across the store level from what I've experienced and read in this forum. You can't do everything at the same time nor out of sequence. We have enough team members that can be crossed trained to perform logistics, backroom, then off to planogram or wherever else team members are needed on daily bases. E2E is not this method at all. IMO it only serves to reduce the numbers before the store opens.

Last, know your cost. Carrying out any function that can be done at the DC's should only be done as the last resort at the store level (Target.com). Cost structures at the store level are far more expensive. It sounds wonderful and all, but there is burden attached at the store level above and beyond what is carried at the DC level. These are often latent cost that show up at the end due to billing cycles. Store profitability (margin) will come into play as this thing continues. Transportation is a bottom line expense.

Which brings me to the new logistics model that is being laid out in front of us, E2E. This will drive and substantially increase the burden to another part of the business, transportation. We are running away from case pack models to pieces (eaches !?!). This is a very expensive way to handle merchandise with low/volatile margins. No doubt this will substantially increase the burden on the cost of goods sold. By the way TAT (turn around time) is very expensive if it is not queued correctly. Not enough, lost sales and expediting cost go up dramatically while too much on hand causes a decrease in turns, excessive inventory and increased carrying cost.

It starts at the planning stage. No planogram should be created without consideration to case quantity multiples. We should never have a peg, shelf, or whatever display that is not set with case quantity multiples. This would vastly improve turn around times along with inventory turns if properly queued within the inventory system. Something that is all to apparent to us when we are out or see it in the backroom on a shelf.

No trailer should arrive without dunnage (reusable bulk containers - "knock downs") that cube out the load. You literally pick/pack right into the shipping container. The pallet idea should only be used for irregular and/or repack boxes that cube out to about 8 foot tall. Stacking non conforming pallets leads to a lot of shrinkage that is not properly allocated. If you think it is, just stop by unload and see how often we received damaged merchandise from stacking nonconforming pallets.

I could keep going on and on, but this thing is too damn long already and it's time to settle in for the evening.

Just my $.02 worth. ;)

No it's definitely not.
But it is. I am not at work (off until tuesday) but I will happily take a pic of the umpteen boxes of new shelving in our BR with stickers that say 'Grocery operating model Project Captain' on them.

STL is blocking the change thinking it will mitigate the chaos. Will be eventually forced to reschedule BR away from BR.

You do *any* E2E BR goes away for that area.

Yes, seriously, how would anything Backroom related get done with no BR TMs?

Would they just pull sales floor people to pick up the slack?
I think this is the confusion that I am noticing.

Logistics ate SF. So technically all SF are Flow and BR and Pog and instocks and groc now. So yes because all sales floor people can be br to pick up the slack.

I've been watching this thread since it began along with the DC thread and I can't see this thing working out.

First, Target cannot achieve the level of service they are searching for without a Quality System in place. All too often the message is interrupted by others on the way down for their own personal gain or even worse, vague direction/instruction. This is a sure fire plan for failure.

Second, Target does not have a bad business model, it's just inefficient on how it is carried out. All that needed to be done at the store level was to implement "priority scheduling". In other words queue what needs to be done first, second, and so on. Utilization of hours has been all but abysmal across the store level from what I've experienced and read in this forum. You can't do everything at the same time nor out of sequence. We have enough team members that can be crossed trained to perform logistics, backroom, then off to planogram or wherever else team members are needed on daily bases. E2E is not this method at all. IMO it only serves to reduce the numbers before the store opens.

Last, know your cost. Carrying out any function that can be done at the DC's should only be done as the last resort at the store level (Target.com). Cost structures at the store level are far more expensive. It sounds wonderful and all, but there is burden attached at the store level above and beyond what is carried at the DC level. These are often latent cost that show up at the end due to billing cycles. Store profitability (margin) will come into play as this thing continues. Transportation is a bottom line expense.

Which brings me to the new logistics model that is being laid out in front of us, E2E. This will drive and substantially increase the burden to another part of the business, transportation. We are running away from case pack models to pieces (eaches !?!). This is a very expensive way to handle merchandise with low/volatile margins. No doubt this will substantially increase the burden on the cost of goods sold. By the way TAT (turn around time) is very expensive if it is not queued correctly. Not enough, lost sales and expediting cost go up dramatically while too much on hand causes a decrease in turns, excessive inventory and increased carrying cost.

It starts at the planning stage. No planogram should be created without consideration to case quantity multiples. We should never have a peg, shelf, or whatever display that is not set with case quantity multiples. This would vastly improve turn around times along with inventory turns if properly queued within the inventory system. Something that is all to apparent to us when we are out or see it in the backroom on a shelf.

No trailer should arrive without dunnage (reusable bulk containers - "knock downs") that cube out the load. You literally pick/pack right into the shipping container. The pallet idea should only be used for irregular and/or repack boxes that cube out to about 8 foot tall. Stacking non conforming pallets leads to a lot of shrinkage that is not properly allocated. If you think it is, just stop by unload and see how often we received damaged merchandise from stacking nonconforming pallets.

I could keep going on and on, but this thing is too damn long already and it's time to settle in for the evening.

Just my $.02 worth. ;)

You are right. Here is a thought. No one knows how much Amazon internally spends to do what they do because Amazon is notoriously quiet about it.
The new DC model should have went first followed by this. It wasn't and its too late now.

But it is. I am not at work (off until tuesday) but I will happily take a pic of the umpteen boxes of new shelving in our BR with stickers that say 'Grocery operating model Project Captain' on them.

The project captain is a person! don't you have captains at your store? Targets term for TL's without the pay bump. Captaining a process is a good way to get noticed. Anyway, the project captain is like a Food TL or ETL, not the project name.

We have no backroom team at all so we have to do our own everything.
Also, I'm pretty sure in the style rollout it says to do your own pulls and backstock but I'd have to read it over again to make sure. We were already doing everything in the rollout plus some so I didn't really pay attention to it. Lol
crap. I'm a backroom closer. Currently Market is the only end-to-end, but everyones hours from the store have begin to shift. Maybe I should go to Market while I still can. I've read some Targets have 2 backroom workers, morning and night. not sure if this is true or was before the new roll out.

I keep seeing SFS. what is SFS?

Last edited:
Back