Archived Entertainment reset 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished ours. We went overnight the last three nights. It was rough. We had to start with the books and the back wall to free up shelves. We just barely had enough. And oh the back stock.

Hopefully you guys can answer. A lot of entertainment goes 1st shelf: 1-1-1 2nd shelf: 1-3-1 3rd shelf 1-5-1 etc. Why is this a thing?

Oh my gosh some of ours goes all the way to like shelf 14, seriously, can they not count?

My store is nearly finished. We only have the music endcaps and one movie POG left. Are we supposed to get label strips for every CD in the new A-Z POG? We only got strips for the top two shelves and had to print out all of the rest.

Early set notes said rest of browser strips would be arriving late.
Wait, so it's not a browser...? On the bottom besides the top 2 shelves...

I like the look of our entertainment section now. The merch wall is a good idea for sales, but it's gonna be a huge pain in the ass to keep it zoned.

All CDs are now planogrammed on all shelves and should only have a single title per facing, per the transition packet.

Well, this makes re-shop easier. No more dealing with the frelling browser.

I like the look of our entertainment section now. The merch wall is a good idea for sales, but it's gonna be a huge pain in the ass to keep it zoned.

Well, this makes re-shop easier. No more dealing with the frelling browser.

"Where does this crap go? Dollar spot, toys, trading cards, or entertainment?"

"idk just put it somewhere"

Hopefully you guys can answer. A lot of entertainment goes 1st shelf: 1-1-1 2nd shelf: 1-3-1 3rd shelf 1-5-1 etc. Why is this a thing?
This has been an issue since the last transition. A mySupport gets you nowhere. They say that they can't fix it until the next transition, and then they forget about it.

This has been an issue since the last transition. A mySupport gets you nowhere. They say that they can't fix it until the next transition, and then they forget about it.

I've been noticing it in other areas that use the entertainment shelves, such as the stationery aisle. A lot of regular shelf POGs were like that a while back, but they were fixed fairly quickly.

I've been noticing it in other areas that use the entertainment shelves, such as the stationery aisle. A lot of regular shelf POGs were like that a while back, but they were fixed fairly quickly.

How the hell do we get THAT job?

"Hey I work at Target, and need help"

"Hey so do I, but.... sorry... just wait".

Entertainment looks very nice when all is said and done. I especially like all of the signing every section seems to have, which I do not doubt took a lot of work on the part of our signing team member. It was a much needed improvement from the last couple of years where everything more or less stayed the same. Fourth quarter is going to rock with the new setup!

Our transition itself was rough. Out of the eight or so people we had setting, only two knew how to set planograms and only one knew about D058 being set 100% in standard no matter which aisle it is. It was very confusing for everyone, but they all got the hang of it and everyone got some great training before Christmas comes. We also ran out of 6" upper DVD/CD shelves on the last few D058 POGs and opted to use the 4" shelves instead. The new planogrammed CD aisle looks fantastic.

All we have left to do is to push the three flatbeds of black repacks full of DVDs and the four smart carts of CDs. Our ETL-LOG decided that we are not going to bother backstocking before the return scan and just scan it all straight from the floor. After seeing all of the backstock from only a couple hours of push, I do not think the three people we have scheduled for eight hours each will be enough to scan it all out...

Entertainment looks very nice when all is said and done. I especially like all of the signing every section seems to have, which I do not doubt took a lot of work on the part of our signing team member. It was a much needed improvement from the last couple of years where everything more or less stayed the same. Fourth quarter is going to rock with the new setup!

Our transition itself was rough. Out of the eight or so people we had setting, only two knew how to set planograms and only one knew about D058 being set 100% in standard no matter which aisle it is. It was very confusing for everyone, but they all got the hang of it and everyone got some great training before Christmas comes. We also ran out of 6" upper DVD/CD shelves on the last few D058 POGs and opted to use the 4" shelves instead. The new planogrammed CD aisle looks fantastic.

All we have left to do is to push the three flatbeds of black repacks full of DVDs and the four smart carts of CDs. Our ETL-LOG decided that we are not going to bother backstocking before the return scan and just scan it all straight from the floor. After seeing all of the backstock from only a couple hours of push, I do not think the three people we have scheduled for eight hours each will be enough to scan it all out...

Don' know much about the return scan but not backstocking the massive flat of movies and cd's we have sounds great. How do you scan it from the floor to avoid the backstock part. Besides I don't think we even have enough space to backstock it all.

There should be a location label somewhere on the floor you can scan to tell the return application you are scanning from a location that is not the backroom, aka the salesfloor. Scan that and you can proceed to scan anything that is not located in a waco. There is documentation on Workbench with instructions on how to create those location labels if they do not exist. They should exist and be used, especially for the backroom.

Last edited:

Question since you pointed out the standard on reverse aisle, how do you tie yours? Do you tie it wherever section one begins. I'll use Recent Releases as an example. Ours is on F34, five sections long. Section one starts on 5, but it's tied to start on 1 like a normal reversed planogram, so confusing.

Don' know much about the return scan but not backstocking the massive flat of movies and cd's we have sounds great. How do you scan it from the floor to avoid the backstock part. Besides I don't think we even have enough space to backstock it all.
Only works for CDs

Question since you pointed out the standard on reverse aisle, how do you tie yours? Do you tie it wherever section one begins. I'll use Recent Releases as an example. Ours is on F34, five sections long. Section one starts on 5, but it's tied to start on 1 like a normal reversed planogram, so confusing.

We have a great running disagreement about this at my store. Our ETL-Log and PPTL pre-tie the aisles to section 1 and I always untie them and tie them to the section they actually start in. I'm on the winning team for the moment.

Why would you tie, to un-tie, to tie? It seems like a waste of time touching it twice.

It should be tied in standard, always leading in from the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back