Archived Etl asked to give security code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I havent heard of this but a store in my district had an incident this week. They were headed up to leave the store when a call came in. The etl picked it up and the person said they were security and needed the security code for the store. I have never heard of this was it a scam or something?

So I havent heard of this but a store in my district had an incident this week. They were headed up to leave the store when a call came in. The etl picked it up and the person said they were security and needed the security code for the store. I have never heard of this was it a scam or something?

Sounds suspicious to me...😉

They would not get far due to the locks. The call maybe alert one calling in to check on an alarm that might be going off. For example, not getting from code keypad to front door/locking it in a certain amt of time.

No No No. They would never ask for your security code. EVER. If they need to over ride they can do it from their end without the code. You never give your code to anyone. Ever.

Thats what I thought whats weird though is the etl contacted the stl and they said it was protocol. I think its a scam personally apparently the security person just said they were security not what security they were :/ if it was alert one they would identify themselves first.

The security monitoring company most certainly does ask for a code. They probably have a call and response word so both parties need their own code, one to verify the caller and then one to authorize a stand down. Without the code the police are summoned.

Most reasons are someone tripped the perimeter alarms by leaving when it was up.

Alarm code?? Yes all lods have one and have to give it to the alarm center for various reasons. Cancel an alarm. Put system in test mode. Take off test mode. Etc etc etc.

No that's a scam. If security calls the store, they need to provide the code to identify themselves. If an ETL calls security then the ETL provides the code. You'd better report that to your APBP. That ETL (and STL) needs a new code and re-training.

Thats whats weird no one tripped anything they were finishing reshop and headed to clock out nothing was tripped :/ hence the confusion.

They would not get far due to the locks. The call maybe alert one calling in to check on an alarm that might be going off. For example, not getting from code keypad to front door/locking it in a certain amt of time.
First and foremost , alarm center won’t call you unless the alarm goes off and hasn’t been turned off in the reasonable time that you have to turn it off.
Alarm center will only ask for the last 4 no of your code .

Last edited:
Alarm code?? Yes all lods have one and have to give it to the alarm center for various reasons. Cancel an alarm. Put system in test mode. Take off test mode. Etc etc etc.

If that's how they operate, by just calling for the code with no verification and hoping LODs will give it out willy nilly. Then Target needs a new alarm company.

When Target switches to Stanley, they have to provide the access code word and you give them your passcode to verify your identity. It’s a recent change within the past year or so and was super odd the first time I got that call, but it is legit. Target alarm center would give you the first part and the exec would provide the last part, but the procedure changed once outsourced to Stanley.

Needs to be a reason for Stanley to call...in which case there's a quarterly password you can ask for to verify. If you're calling them, you provide your code.

Ah ok the tm who messaged me said the etl kept ap after letting the team out and said they had to check the back I wonder if someone outside messed with a door or something. Its a sketchy area (seriously though what area isnt sketchy now a days)

Ah ok the tm who messaged me said the etl kept ap after letting the team out and said they had to check the back I wonder if someone outside messed with a door or something. Its a sketchy area (seriously though what area isnt sketchy now a days)
He wouldn’t be able to set the alarm if any doors would be compromised . It would say on the panel which area is open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back