Archived ETL hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do ETLs have a required minimum number of hours to work? I had a salaried job years ago and my pay was based on working five days, nine hours per day. I see posts that mention 50 hour work weeks for an ETL but I honestly believe there is only one in our store that ever does more than 8 hours in a day.

I just accepted my ETL offer a few weeks ago and in the offer it specifies that it is based on working 50 hours a week.

Since the start of the year I've seen every one of our ETLs working. This could be a bad sign.. or a good one. Hopefully Target can turn its game around this year.

Our ETL's usually work 10 hours, sometimes 12.

I have to say that the ETLs at my store, whatever other problems they might have had, were never the sit in the office types.
They came in early in the mornings if labor was tight and helped the flow team push.
They would set aisles, do cleanups, get carts, work cash register, etc.

For quite a while our STL was a former ETL-LOG so getting your hands dirty and working long hours wasn't a problem.
I did notice after he left and the ETL-HR became the STL people spent a lot more time in their offices.

The minimum is supposed to be 50 hours. If you do less that is awesome! 10 hrs or less a day in our district is a blessing that doesn't happen often. Overnight Logs work four 12 hour shifts, but with meetings and frequent visits, that can be four 15 hour shifts.

So in a store that closes at 10pm and the closers are out at 10:30pm, that closing ETL should be starting their shift at 12:30pm. Not arriving at 2pm.
And an opening ETL that starts at 7am should be there until 5pm. We are talking ULV store here.

You all have ETLs that really work these hours?

My ETL-GE once worked from 8AM-10PM for 6 days. He promptly stopped once the STL told him to go home and actually speak to his wife. Sad, because he would get stuff done. Pushed all the giftcards, helped with CAFs, was opening LOD, did reshop, and almost everything in-between. ETL-Hardlines at my store has worked 80 hour weeks consistently for the past 6 months.

This ETL-GE is awesome, but he is a sizable consumer of kool-aid. Not sure if he actually drinks it or pretends because he has to.

I say "worked" because they did work, but there was the normal ETL goof-off and lounging that apparently comes with the job.

In the old says...yes without a doubt etls in my store ( I am saying at my store not at all stores) we working at least 12 hour shifts....now not so much. I rather like it they don't work longer shifts....it means certain ones aren't there as long and in the way.

The ETL's at my store work 9-10 hours on their Early days or Early LOD days, but they always work 8 hrs on a close (coming in at 2pm). If the weekend isn't expected to be really busy the LOD shifts are 6 hrs.

Typically ETLs work anywhere from 8-10hrs. Closing is usually the shorter shift. I definitely know of ETLs who work longer hours, but its not worth it. You will kill yourself and be unhappy.

man... it really upsets me when people say that ETL's don't work. as a mixed person with some black... thats like saying all blacks steal. man I bust my azz and a 10 hour day is luxury. opening shifts at 7am to 6pm usually. the pressure to get reds is real, and to drive vibe is insane. i consider my closing shift, 2-1045 a break from long days. and im in a great store performance wise. usually with 1 15 min break might i add while TMs complain if they dont get a break every 2 hours.
however I will say that if i have double digit reds on the board i will leave early(430pm), but that happens maybe once every couple weeks
just cuz you have a bad etl team doesnt mean all are bad

man... it really upsets me when people say that ETL's don't work. as a mixed person with some black... thats like saying all blacks steal. man I bust my azz and a 10 hour day is luxury. opening shifts at 7am to 6pm usually. the pressure to get reds is real, and to drive vibe is insane. i consider my closing shift, 2-1045 a break from long days. and im in a great store performance wise. usually with 1 15 min break might i add while TMs complain if they dont get a break every 2 hours.
however I will say that if i have double digit reds on the board i will leave early(430pm), but that happens maybe once every couple weeks
just cuz you have a bad etl team doesnt mean all are bad

Oh trust me, I would like to throat punch those break cry babies. :mad:

My current etls are the office hiding type if they aren't hanging in a group chatting. The ones before them we're the kick ass, take names and get it done type. They always work an 8hr or more shift. Closing is more definite, but open or mid they don't leave till the team is all set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back