• Thread starter Penrose
  • Start date
  • Replies 8
  • Views 1K
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Penrose

I expressed my desire for an ETL intern position. I am a current TM, how does that work? Like, what should I expect during the interview?

Internals almost never get put in as an intern. The point of an intern is to learn Target culture/terminology. You already know that.

Oh - okay. But what if they considered me ?

is it a paid job?

Oh - okay. But what if they considered me ?

is it a paid job?

Heya! I was an intern a couple year later ago. I was an external hire, but hopefully I can answer some of your questions. I believe there are a couple internal interns on the boards.

Yes it is a paid job. Depending on your experience and market, interns can make anywhere from 15.50-18.50 per hour, guaranteed 40 hours per week during your internship.

Start talking to your ETL-HR or STL for additional information. If your college or university has a job fair and Target will be there - go. If you make contact with the campus recruiter, they may be able to get you through the process quicker.

Interns are basically 'ETLs in Training." As an internal hire, you will probably have an additional project or different training path then external hires. You may also get placed into a role that external hires rarely get, such as AP, HR, or logistics.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you @bullseyekindaguy - that's great that it is paid.

I do wish that I will be considered despite my lack of experience. I think that I have in me a quality of a leader that might surprise them. I come from a very diverse background - and been through tough challenges in my life.

As a TM, throughout my experience, I've been analyzing processes and try to understand the big picture of things.

I do wish that they'll take a risk on me.

Thank you @bullseyekindaguy - that's great that it is paid.

I do wish that I will be considered despite my lack of experience. I think that I have in me a quality of a leader that might surprise them. I come from a very diverse background - and been through tough challenges in my life.

As a TM, throughout my experience, I've been analyzing processes and try to understand the big picture of things.

I do wish that they'll take a risk on me.

Cant hurt to try. Target takes chances on interns.... Just start talking to your ETL or STL now, depending on the market, intern spots fill up fast for the summer.

Thank you for the encouragement.

I have already expressed my desire to my ETL. I am putting together some of my ideas and guides I've created - to show that I do have some potential.

You might want try for a tl job. Learn to lead a team, learn burdens of responsibility & sales, first. Then, you know if you can do it.

You might want try for a tl job. Learn to lead a team, learn burdens of responsibility & sales, first. Then, you know if you can do it.

That too. Any leadership position. TL would be fine too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back