Archived etl or gstl assign cash registers

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the store I'm at, certain registers get more red cards so we like to put cashiers who can get the redcards on those registers.
We also have some cashiers who talk to often to other tm's so we like them to be pretty much front and center to avoid that.
Different etl's, gstl's have different reasoning

Yes we have a couple of hot registers. I think it's location and the amount of traffic that goes through them

If there is cash shortage issues they may be isolating certain tms to watch their cash drawer.

certain registers get more red cards
The register gets the redcards? Put ME on that register, please!

I'd put a redcard queen on the first register guests reach when leaving, ie. farthest from the doors, as the registers closer to the doors usually only get guests going to them when the registers farther away have lines.

Also if the cashiers are too spread out, I will have them move closer together so it's easier to keep an eye on things. Not a big deal now, but when we really slow down, it's easier than running back and forth between 3 and 11 when there are only 3 cashiers for the night.

^This.
It also leaves the outside lanes open for back-up responders.

I assign cashiers according to their ability. Also, the cashiers know which are the busiest registers and try to avoid them. That's okay when you're new, but don't get lazy. While I try not to put the same cashier on the busiest register every shift, everyone pretty much has to bite the bullet at times. We all know which is the deadly register and so many of our cashiers will avoid that one. So I *help* them.

Also, this fall was a lot of "avoid that register, it doesn't work." Only we had three or four registers like that at a time, so I had to help them find registers that actually worked, as well as point out the ones that someone else was already using. Because God forbid a cashier come on and go on someone's register who was on break or lunch.

When I first started at Target, I was a cashier. After my first week, I was consistently put on Register 6 in a A+++ SuperTarget. It was pure hell. And the GSTLs knew it, but they wanted to see if I'd collapse. They actually told me later that it was a test of will. I won. But it nearly killed me. hahahahahaha I'm a much kinder GSTL.

certain registers get more red cards
The register gets the redcards? Put ME on that register, please!
Yes we have a couple of hot registers. I think it's location and the amount of traffic that goes through them

We used to have a cashier who always wanted to be on a specific lane because she claimed it was "lucky" for conversion.

Lucky lanes are no joke. Our redcard queen is always on a certain register, one night I went on while she was at lunch, 2 redcards in a row. I swear she must have put some sort of spell on it.

I assign cashiers according to their ability. Also, the cashiers know which are the busiest registers and try to avoid them. That's okay when you're new, but don't get lazy. While I try not to put the same cashier on the busiest register every shift, everyone pretty much has to bite the bullet at times. We all know which is the deadly register and so many of our cashiers will avoid that one. So I *help* them.
I always liked the busy registers. It made the shift go faster and less zoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back