Archived ETL vacation time question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious once you've hit your 5 years with the company how much vacation do you get a year as an executive?

We have an ETL who has been with Target for 20 Years! He has a massive amount of vacation. Seems like he works 2 weeks/1 week off etc.

You just described my ETL-HR to a T. Sure makes dealing with HR-related things a pain in the ass when there's not a HR TM present.

To keep it simple, I just lump together Vacation and Personal Hours. Under 5 years, an ETL will earn 3.5 Weeks. 5-14 Years, an ETL will earn just about 5 Weeks. 15+ Years an ETL will earn just about 6 Weeks!

Not that you are on vacation while on vacation. I got talked to constantly during vacation time as I was not "checking in" with the other staff during my time away. I told them to shove it (in a more polite way) as when I'm vacation the last thing I want to think about is work. It was just one more reason why I finally had enough and left.

They changed it before I left the company. It's 3 weeks (0-5), 4 weeks (5 -10), etc.

They did that to cover the fact that ETLs lose any newly accrued vacation time (January 2016 onward) when they leave/quit/fired, so no more cashing it out at the end.

3 weeks? How do y'all sleep at night knowing most of your employees are lucky if they can afford to take the week they get a year?

Because they're not paid to care.
If a peon wants more paid vay-cay, it's up to them to work as many hours/shifts they can pick up so they'll accumulate more time off.
Never mind that they'll probably be working 6-7 days a week in order to boost their avg & even then they might not be approved for the time they DO want to take off.
Work/Life balance is merely a suggestion.

3 weeks? How do y'all sleep at night knowing most of your employees are lucky if they can afford to take the week they get a year?
I can't speak for any ETLs, but at my new job, I now get 4 weeks vacation a year. I am quite aware how unusual this is and how most people never get that much after a million years working at the same place, much less getting it right from the start. So I don't make much mention of it, and do my best to honor those around me who also work just as hard (if not harder) than me.

Then again, I stopped counting the number of hours I worked after I got to 50 last week and I only worked 4 hours on my "day off")...so in some ways, it evens itself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back