Archived Etl wants me to alternate weekends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Plano TL and Pricing TL work every other weekend.

I get the OPs frustration but this is retail.

I think all of us know there is no such thing as a true set schedule at Target unless you are a reciever. As HR I have done overnights, SFTL have to work overnights occasionally for resets. You do what you are called to do.

I personally think the PPTL should work every Sunday (Saturdays are pointless), and they should be scheduled under Signing or Ad Set hours and help lead that every Sunday morning, then switch to POG after Ad for an hour or two and that is when they do their planning. They then should pick a day off during the week (could be Friday/Saturday, ours did a random during the week so she could wrap up on Fridays). At the end of the day, its one day during the week you will be missing. You can set it so its a specific day during the week and just plan the easiest crap on those days for your team so you can still be present for the big sets.

My PPTL works rotating weekends, usually scheduled under hardlines. He'll tie up loose ends as someone else said, and also do regular hardlines stuff- reshop, zoning, etc. Our pricing and plano tms do not work weekends, unless there's something like the cosmetic reset going on.

Price and Plano work weekends at my store. You can set pogs and work price change on the weekends just like any other day. I have at least two of them scheduled every weekend. There is no one in the store that is exempt from weekends, especially leaders. Plan the workload for your team, communicate it with them and the other leaders, and follow up. If performance is poor, train and coach until it gets better or get new team members.

Or it shows your lack of confidence in how the other leaders in your store will actually manage plano when you're not there. In the cosmetics reset of this week, I'd say it'd be a clusterfuck if the PPTL wasn't there just given how much stuff moved around and how little other TLs know about plano
In some sets the PPTL does need to be with the team the entire set as in the beauty reset. With all the moves we went overnight. When we go overnight I work m-f with my team. You have to look at your work load. But you also have to trust your team on normal sets that they can do a great job with high standards without you there 100% of the time. You need to trust your teams and your leadership..

All I'm getting from the majority of people (excluding Rock Lobster for sure because he has a good point) is "I'm mad because this person gets weekends off and I don't and that's not fair"

Basically this. The PPTL at my store is forced to work every Sunday, there's no rotating. But we gotta make all the other TLs feel like it's "fair" even though no one's rotating to make it, you know, ACTUALLY fair. It's amazing how much politics goes into Target when literally no one is making enough money except the STL to make it remotely worth it.

My pptl is a srtl and works every other weekend. She also does two lod shifts a week now that 4th quarter is over. It's been this way for years. No tl gets out of weekend rotation at our store.

For big moving sets and overnight sets she gets the same schedule as the team and other leaders fill in.

As PA I worked every weekend all weekend for almost two years. Because Saturday c&s delivered and Sunday I placed the order. It sucked, but it made the process WORK. #businessneeds

The longer I've been with spot the more nights, weekends, etc has been a requirement not a suggestion. It's nice to work mon- Fri but we get a note on days off, and she speaks to possible alternatives if something comes up. We've also shown that we are capable of changing the plan to fit us, but still getting it done.

From reading the other posts, perhaps the rest of your peers aren't on board with it? I know all my peers at my store know and see the advantage of myself and PPTL working sun-thurs, so maybe it is a matter of making your case to all your peers first then talking to your ETL.

You do realize there are times when a sftl doesn't work with their team for entire weeks. While sun-thur does make sense a good leader doesn't need to be with their team every day and if you do you need to figure out why is it because of a poor team or poor team lead

All I'm getting from the majority of people (excluding Rock Lobster for sure because he has a good point) is "I'm mad because this person gets weekends off and I don't and that's not fair"
I get weekends off and I still think it's not totally unreasonable to ask a TL to rotate weekends.

As someone who writes my own schedule I have no jealousy whatsoever.

I personally dont mind working a Saturday for a hiring event or throwing a party for our overnight team because I understand its for the greater good.

How about you have your team work on the weekends you are working ?
If your team is anything like the pog team in my store , they need constant supervision ,they are behind and can't work by themselves !
Pog TL is off Thursdays and they are always on track until Wednesday , after that , forget it ...

Our SBTL & FATL alternate weekends so there's always a TL in our area.
Handy to have whenever they try to pull our people during a slowdown while we're trying to clean up & restock.

You should be doing rotating weekends, but your hours on those days should not be coming out of Plano/Pricing

You do realize there are times when a sftl doesn't work with their team for entire weeks. While sun-thur does make sense a good leader doesn't need to be with their team every day and if you do you need to figure out why is it because of a poor team or poor team lead

I once watched a sltm struggle an entire shift, wasting 8 hours, because the tl thought she knew how to put the shippers out. I was cleaning the fixture room. I tried to help, but I don't get paid to be a maid and help other teams with their fuck ups too.

As someone who writes my own schedule I have no jealousy whatsoever.

I personally dont mind working a Saturday for a hiring event or throwing a party for our overnight team because I understand its for the greater good.

I work every other weekend. I am the only HRTM in my store. I don't have a whole lot of HR tasks on weekends so I go and help out in other work centers when I am done with my HR Tasks. HR in my store used to be a Mon-Fri position but it changed to having to work every other weekend. I am totally fine with it. Plenty of retail workers have to work every single weekend, so getting every other weekend off is great :).

I work every other weekend. I am the only HRTM in my store. I don't have a whole lot of HR tasks on weekends so I go and help out in other work centers when I am done with my HR Tasks. HR in my store used to be a Mon-Fri position but it changed to having to work every other weekend. I am totally fine with it. Plenty of retail workers have to work every single weekend, so getting every other weekend off is great :).

True! My store is mon thru friday but the one i trained at they had two hrtms and one worked tuesday thru saturday and the other sunday thru thursday. Seemed nice to have an HRTM there every day but I guess all stores have different needs!

I am a plano TL, and my ETL wants me to work alternate weekends. The last few months, it has been monday through friday, where i am constantly with my team, which helps a great deal.

She says i need to work weekends. She said i can plan and do off stage things, then help work pulls.

I am going to be fighting this one. I only really need a couple off stage hours each week, and when im done, i go back down to help set with my team.

I need all the hours i have to help keep the train running, not because my team needs it bad, but because I want to help make sure plano is always going well. They need a voice, and if i start taking random days off in the weekend, they are gonna be told by the LOD to go do reshop or something.

AGHHHH

anybody else face this problem?

I have to rotate weekends with my PPTL, I am a Signing Guy. It is well known in my Store that you let our Plano TMs do their thing, (We have a good team, except they barely do any of their %@$%ing Signing). You can bet your ass however that my TL leaves a Laundry list for them for that one day a week she has to take off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back