Archived Etl wants me to alternate weekends

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to rotate weekends with my PPTL, I am a Signing Guy. It is well known in my Store that you let our Plano TMs do their thing, (We have a good team, except they barely do any of their %@$%ing Signing). You can bet your ass however that my TL leaves a Laundry list for them for that one day a week she has to take off.
I have a laundry list, plus my pptl gives me a general idea of what she thinks is a priority. Doesn't stop them from trying to get me to set the new softlines brand signs because she's not here to back me up on refusing. Guess who's doing the runways?

I am a SR PPTL so I have a closing weeknight, rotate closing Friday's, and have rotating weekends. I make sure that I leave detailed plans to the team and to all lods and team leaders letting them know what is going on and what is expected of the team when I am not there. I would say about 97% of the time eveythibg I leave for them is done. If it's not I just follow up with them when I do see them and find out why- they were on fast service, helped push the truck for a few hours, did cart runs, SFS called out so one of my tms got pulled. Any legitimate reasons why they didn't finish okay fine I understand. If they were just goofing off(which for the most part my team doesn't do this) then I'd have some conversations with them. I would also follow up with the Lod and find out why they didn't address it since I wasn't there. It's all about communication and follow up. Setting expectations and following through on them. I love to set right along side my team or ticket price change right along side that team but I know that I am a leader and that means sometimes stepping back and actually leading while I have other things to do.

Oh i forgot- When I'm not LOD on my weekend I'm usually scheduled hardlines. I use that time to set up for the team on Monday, staple, plan, send emails, clean fixture room, follow up on anything outstanding, walk transitions, order, and then I help on the floor with projects- Ptm, clearance, fill/set/flex endcaps, push pulls, basically whatever needs to be done.

I have a laundry list, plus my pptl gives me a general idea of what she thinks is a priority. Doesn't stop them from trying to get me to set the new softlines brand signs because she's not here to back me up on refusing. Guess who's doing the runways?

Me, probably tomorrow xD

Except dressing Mannequins, there is a double standard I am glad exists (I'm a guy).

Me, probably tomorrow xD

Except dressing Mannequins, there is a double standard I am glad exists (I'm a guy).
I had to ask one of my creepier flow tm to help me with the cat&jack mannequin in girls the weekend I built everything...it was awkward to watch

I totally get where you're coming from. My ETL and STL are trying to get plano to work weekends. Our Super Target is run on a skeleton crew. P&P are given hours for their workloads and no more. No extra for keeping the fixture room tidy, no extra to account for the time we spend on backup, which is a good chunk of the week since we have maybe two cashiers dayside.

Weekends are way too busy and it's not uncommon for the 1-2 sales floor TMs/TLs to be on backup for 30+ minutes at a time. Oh and we're constantly expected to get carts as well, since there's only cart attendants on the weekends. The TMs we do have on the floor most of the time are not exactly, er, capable of doing anything outside of reshop and pulls, so they aren't expected to get on checklane or get carts, flow refuses to do anything but flow ( 4am store).

I'm not against working weekends but we'd get nothing done and LOD would tell us to work reshop and pulls.

i agree with PPTL working weekends but to an extent. the change in best practice for the PPTL and PATL to work weekends also included that they work in other workcenters as leadership. if your going to work on the weekends you should be scheduled under salesfloor or something similar. It is a waste of plano workload hours to work the weekend. our PPTL works weekends but he is under salesfloor as a salesfloor TLOD. those are 16 hours pog can use to set a few aisles in the weekday. Sorry to the sour grapes that think all retail positions are the same, plano is a little different.

Price and Plano work weekends at my store. You can set pogs and work price change on the weekends just like any other day. I have at least two of them scheduled every weekend. There is no one in the store that is exempt from weekends, especially leaders. Plan the workload for your team, communicate it with them and the other leaders, and follow up. If performance is poor, train and coach until it gets better or get new team members.
nobody is under the impression you cant set pogs on a weekend, the question is how efficient is it to set them? standards on the weekend are purely guest driven. My PPTL can set pogs on the weekend but since he is always on backup due to weekend call outs that can and will happen they barely can set an aisle. its easy to be that leader that says " you can do it, plan, coach, get a new team" but the question is do you know the struggle to defend your agument. a prime example is our STL she makes the etls work the weekends, criticizes the brand and says we need to hold the team accountable, our stl hasnt closed a weekend since sept and when she closes its a weekday with 2 SRTL

We normally do revisions on the weekend. Sometimes I'll even set a quick revision or pog during an LOD shift. It works out really well as we're the number one Plano team in the group and have been consistently for over a year. That being said, it's only one or two pog people on the weekends and everyone is experienced and held to high standards that they are fully capable of achieving. Not all stores are lucky enough to have a team like mine. I do my best to let them know how much I appreciate them and it showed in the BTS scores since I took over this year. I'm very fortunate to have an STL and ETLs that understand the importance of a Plano and know how to run a store successfully and work their butts off too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back