ETL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you have feelings for this ETL. They are gone, let the ETL grieve/spend their sentence/go to trial in peace.

Hi guys, I just want your opinion on something. So our ETL-SE who has been with target for over 8 years and has been at my store for a year( he was apart of last year’s modernization plan) just got fired ( I assume), all the ETL-HR told us is that he was no longer apart of the company. He was literally working that morning at GS, then they all went to eat breakfast and I never saw him again. He was my favorite ETL and he was a very hard worker a little goofy too but just an overall good person. We have two TLs up front also and the frontend team was good. So I don’t think it was a performance based termination. He was the type to follow all the rules and I possibly can’t imagine that he stole( not that you could ever be sure) but I’m dying to know what he could’ve have possibly done for the STL to let such a great ETL go. To be honest I’m quite sad and upset because the other ETL’s don’t really care for the front-end and I’m sure its going to be a mess without him.He always made sure to get the front end more hours and fix schedule problems ( he was tired of barely having any cashiers scheduled lol). The past few months I was feeling quite stressed over going to work but whenever I knew he would be there that gave me motivation cause I knew I would get all the help I would need.Right now I think I need to take a leave because of being too overwhelmed with not getting the backup I need at GS ( so many returns and driveups because of covid) or else I’ll explode. He always told me that he was glad to have me on his team and wanted me to become a TL ( I don’t want to). He appreciated me just as much as I did him and it hurts that I wasn’t even able to say bye, I probs won’t ever see him around again. I want to contact him just to say thank you for being a great boss and wish him the best. I don’t have his phone number but I found his facebook. Or should I just ask one the TLs upfront for his number ? (I know one of them is really sad too but idrk how the other one feels). Would it be weird if i sent him a message on fb? Is it too early? ( this happened 2 days ago). If someone finds out will I get in trouble?( not that I really care lol). Let me know what you think please!
My thoughts are do what you need to for you. Life’s to short to always be wondering and your ETL May appreciate knowing he made the impact he did on his team whether he made a mistake or not. I know not all stores operate even close to the same but I have seen them go for not reporting a lost key they didn’t know was lost. There are so many reasons... if you know a tl that spoke to your ETL maybe just start by saying have you heard from.....? Good luck

The ones that liked are always the ones the go. Tarshit doesn't like ones that try help others and make sure team members are happy.
^This 100%. I’ve seen it happen to the best ETLs (and TLs), those with hearts and brains and no taste for kool-aid who actually care about the welfare and job satisfaction of team members. They are the ones Spot kicks out the doors apparently to make room for their little army of micromanaging kool-aid drinking automatons. Spot’s loss. 🙁

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back