Archived ETLs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very interested in being an ETL one day...I was just wondering all the different positions there are, what's usually a first position and second. The "best" ETL position. All that kind of stuff, POSITIVE replies are welcome. Thanks guys!

Also any additional information is appreciated. I already know pay, and hours so that's not a problem

Most of the ETLs do similar jobs while LOD, but if I had to give my vote for best ETL position, it would be ETL-AP.

First position - whatever the district needs
Second - whatever the district needs

ETL-GE - guest experience. Cashiers, Food avenue, SB, and red cards.

ETL-SL - soft lines ( clothes) - hang them, rearrange them, set adjacenies, smell soiled undies, etc.

ETL-HL - hardlines - zone, POG team, ad sets, price accuracy ( sometimes given to SL), make sales floor look good.

ETL-AP - loss prevention. Install cameras in ladies restrooms, spy in the fitting room, kill anyone trying to steal.

ETL-HR - take care of the team or appear to care while applying Target guidelines. Help with hiring and retention. Make team happy.

ETL-LOG - back room, flow team, in stocks, anything logistics (keeping the store pushed to the piece and keeping an organized backroom). Big responsibly for keeping store green.

ETL-Replenishment - same as log but reports to LOG. Mainly responsible for flow process.

ETL-OPs - reviews metrics and helps teams reach or maintain green work centers.

ETL- Sr. Merchant - oversees entire salesfloor. HL and SL ETLs report to this person. I would consider this as an assistant STL.

Best position: HR or AP.
Most likely needed for promotion to STL: Sr. Merchant, LOG, OPS, or HR ( higher pay grades).

Smaller stores have a blend of these positions and higher volumes have multiples of some.

Supers may also have an ETL-Food who oversees all the grocery areas.

Stores with very high volume food service areas may have a dedicated ETL-Food Service, but those are few and far between.

And of course we can't forget ETL-Rx.

Yes - ETL-Rx is always forgotten but that obviously requires additional credentials that the average TM/TL/ETL does not have. I forgot about ETL-Food - good idea to have this position for grocery.

We used to have an ETL-Food because of how high our volume is in Starbucks for our store but then like a year later we heard that they cut that position. Waste of time in my eyes, they were just as useless as any of our other ETLs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back