Archived Evening autofills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone attempted having their Autofills drop in the evening? We're a 4am process and I was curious if changing the Autofills to drop at 6pm would have a negative impact on metrics?

We already drop enough manuals in the evening to make our Autofills under an hour, but aside from that it's also due to scheduling. Based off peak hours it's difficult to have coverage if most of the team Leaves by noon with a 4am process. If the Autofills are pulled in the evening, the opening team can instead come in at 6am and go directly in to backstocking with the coverage extended during business hours.

And regarding the 6pm instead of 5pm, the Autofill drop time would have to be changed every Friday before the Saturday and Sunday cafs generate due to the weekends having 5pm pulls. 6pm is to keep it simple.

Someone has definitely posted about that before on here.

Is your store not very busy after 6pm? It seems pretty early to be dropping autofills when people will still be shopping for another 4-5 hours.

Is there a solid closing team in place to make sure everything gets done? I'd imagine you'd need a team of at least 3 TMs to get it pulled and still have time to do all of the other closing tasks.

It's possible to change the time, but not recommended, since you do not want to mess up the ON process.

My store's ON process starts at 10 PM.

Besides CAFs and pushing them, DS BRTeam also pulls autofills at 630pm. We do not backstock towards the end of the night, because that is ON BRTeam's responsibility. However, DS BRTeam stays on top of theirs. We do not drop Manuals, because that is an additional workload DS BRTeam will have to do. The "salefloor" team were told not to do any push, unless allowed by LoD or STL.

We go with the flow. Some days start off easy, but can turn rough due to various factors.

My store is not an ON process. My Backroom team is solid all around, every team member I have was either a top performer in another work center or is a multi-year veteran. My Backroom process has always been supported by my STL which is why it has succeeded so well. I don't have any concerns with the closing team handling the Autofills, they realistically pull more eaches from the manuals they drop then what the evening Autofills would generate.

My mindset behind the change is the following:

Flow comes in and the Autofills are already complete and ready to push. While flow is pushing, my openers drop manual cafs based on the top sale departments from the previous day which the salesfloor pushes. Manual cafs should generate little to no backstock, while the Autofill backstock should be minimal depending on the amount of case stock it pulled. Along with this, having my closers working till 10 provides coverage for MyFa's and 12 step routines during the holidays. My team is always up for a challenge and trying out something different, I was just curious if other stores have attempted this or have any insight on what they've done.

Your trailer would need to be acknowledged prior to the autofills dropping at 6PM or they will be pulling too much. It is more productive to fill directly from truck, so purposely working large autofills (without an acknowledged trailer) would result then in more of your trailer going straight to backstock.

Manuals also fill deeper than either CAFs or Autofills, and will naturally be additional workload (a deeper fill) which is not always bad, but sometimes unproductive as you will be breaking open boxes just to stock one thing out of it and backstocking the rest, so do it carefully.

If you want to do some work in the evenings, I would suggest doing manuals for some departments and staging them just to make the autofills smaller. Ideally I would do food areas just because it helps with freshness (its the only time you would want to fill from your stockroom over your trailer, as the newer product will hopefully expire later than the stuff you already have). Again, do at your own risk because the triggers are now set to try and pull casestock. You will likely be pulling many casestock items out (a pack of 48 cans of something) just to stock a shelf that is at 20 out of 24 capacity and then backstocking the additional 44 in open stock. Not worth it imo.

My store is not an ON process. My Backroom team is solid all around, every team member I have was either a top performer in another work center or is a multi-year veteran. My Backroom process has always been supported by my STL which is why it has succeeded so well. I don't have any concerns with the closing team handling the Autofills, they realistically pull more eaches from the manuals they drop then what the evening Autofills would generate.

My mindset behind the change is the following:

Flow comes in and the Autofills are already complete and ready to push. While flow is pushing, my openers drop manual cafs based on the top sale departments from the previous day which the salesfloor pushes. Manual cafs should generate little to no backstock, while the Autofill backstock should be minimal depending on the amount of case stock it pulled. Along with this, having my closers working till 10 provides coverage for MyFa's and 12 step routines during the holidays. My team is always up for a challenge and trying out something different, I was just curious if other stores have attempted this or have any insight on what they've done.
Our store killed the 10pm leaving shift. Out closing shift for BR is now 12 to 830pm. We got lucky because our district wanted to cut BR closing and just have a 8 to 5 opener

Our store killed the 10pm leaving shift. Out closing shift for BR is now 12 to 830pm. We got lucky because our district wanted to cut BR closing and just have a 8 to 5 opener

Who does SPUs after the "closer" leaves? Any orders that drop in more than one hour before closing must be worked within an hour.

Who does SPUs after the "closer" leaves? Any orders that drop in more than one hour before closing must be worked within an hour.

At mine, it's LOD, a TL (mostly me heh), or electronics if they drop after br goes home.

We already drop enough manuals in the evening to make our Autofills under an hour, but aside from that it's also due to scheduling. Based off peak hours it's difficult to have coverage if most of the team Leaves by noon with a 4am process. If the Autofills are pulled in the evening, the opening team can instead come in at 6am and go directly in to backstocking with the coverage extended during business hours.

And regarding the 6pm instead of 5pm, the Autofill drop time would have to be changed every Friday before the Saturday and Sunday cafs generate due to the weekends having 5pm pulls. 6pm is to keep it simple.
How do you drop manuals now?

The full group. Don't use it unless you're pulling it
Lol Im the only one the ever used it before they took it off the PDA. But yes I do pull them as well. I know how much of a hassle they are. But I do find them useful. I'll make sure not to tell my log etl... He used to drop them without asking anyone to pull them,and drop it on us at the very last minute.

Lol Im the only one the ever used it before they took it off the PDA. But yes I do pull them as well. I know how much of a hassle they are. But I do find them useful. I'll make sure not to tell my log etl... He used to drop them without asking anyone to pull them,and drop it on us at the very last minute.
Yeah, that's our fear. That an Etl or brown nosing tm will decide that a section is light and then drop a manual. I already told my brtl that if they do that shit with only an hour or two left in my shift I'm just going to leave it. Our chem manual alone Takes almost an hour to pull. God forbid they drop paper or grocery 2

Yeah, that's our fear. That an Etl or brown nosing tm will decide that a section is light and then drop a manual. I already told my brtl that if they do that shit with only an hour or two left in my shift I'm just going to leave it. Our chem manual alone Takes almost an hour to pull. God forbid they drop paper or grocery 2
Yeah Im not going to lie, I do drop manuals or pog batches to fill areas, but like I said I also pull and push them. I take responsibility of it.

Yeah Im not going to lie, I do drop manuals or pog batches to fill areas, but like I said I also pull and push them. I take responsibility of it.
What workcenter are you in? It's cool you pull and push them but to my knowledge droping manuals wasnt something that should be done just because.

We drop manuals because it makes the morning autofills shorter when flow has a smaller team on non-truck days. Or if a section is selling like mad like Toys on black friday. Not because it looks light. Even though an asile looks like, the manual might not filly holes. In that case, you're wasting time pushing product that's already on the shelf

What workcenter are you in? It's cool you pull and push them but to my knowledge droping manuals wasnt something that should be done just because.

We drop manuals because it makes the morning autofills shorter when flow has a smaller team on non-truck days. Or if a section is selling like mad like Toys on black friday. Not because it looks light. Even though an asile looks like, the manual might not filly holes. In that case, you're wasting time pushing product that's already on the shelf
We have a calendar set up for manuals to be dropped daily. We haven't been able to do it that last few weeks though because of how busy our truck schedule is. But I'm on instocks.

Even though an asile looks like, the manual might not filly holes. In that case, you're wasting time pushing product that's already on the shelf

This. Drop a POG fill or EXF instead. The POG fill is still subject to SFQ like autofills are, but you're not pulling nearly as much product, as it's only for a single planogram (i.e. one whole aisle or less). And ALWAYS communicate with the backroom team if you plan to drop a batch; don't just drop them all willy-nilly.

Often no one at my store. They roll over to the next day and hurt our score. Amazing teamwork

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back